2013 US Nationals Sr Pairs LP | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Sr Pairs LP

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Senior Pairs Free Skate (U.S. Nationals)

Start times: Jan 26 (Eastern Standard Time)
  • 12:00 p.m. - Senior pairs free skate (early groups)
  • 2:25 p.m. - Senior pairs free skate* (This portion of the event will be shown on your local NBC affiliate and be available on icenetwork.com on-demand ONLY starting Tuesday, Jan. 29, at noon ET.)

Link to Starting Order and Results:

PlaceStart No.NameShort ProgramFree SkateTotal Score
Place
1Tiffany Vise / Don Baldwin1044.41
2Kiri Baga / Taylor Toth848.13
3Tarah Kayne / Daniel O'Shea947.74
4DeeDee Leng / Timothy LeDuc650.84
5Gretchen Donlan / Andrew Speroff749.81
6Lindsay Davis / Mark Ladwig551.65
7Alexa Scimeca / Christopher Knierim352.79
8Haven Denney / Brandon Frazier452.48
9Marissa Castelli / Simon Shnapir162.27
10Felicia Zhang / Nathan Bartholomay253.19

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Missed the SPs - so I missed that drama... but Baldwin still looks pretty sour...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
anyone else watching? such a bummer skate (though not unexpected) for V/B...

I can remember when the Vise sisters were the next big thing in US Pairs Skating (kinda like the Denney sisters now). For so long it was blamed on the partners why they stalled... don't know if that's trully the case, but it seems Tiffany had some issues today. Then again, Baldwin flubbed a sbs... and he may have over thrown her on the second throw jump... but the first seemed awkward all the way around.

I'm not good with pbp - not technical enough - so I'm hoping someone else is watching with me.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Vise and Baldwin were particularly disappointing, but baga/toth and kayne/oshea definitely showed promise. I loved that kayne/oshea used less used selections from nutcracker...I always wanted to see a pair use "a pine forest in winter" rather than the overused pas de deux. just lovely.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hope Kiri Baga sticks to pairs....we need some good pairs skaters....we certainly have enough ladies.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I don't see Vise and Baldwin continuing on after this competition. She's nearly 27 and he's way up there at age 35. If it hasn't happened for them by now in the big competitions, it's never going to. I'm expecting a retirement announcement soon.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hope Kiri Baga sticks to pairs....we need some good pairs skaters....we certainly have enough ladies.

I agree. I think Kiri should give up singles since she's not likely to move up. That way she can totally commit to making this work.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree. I think Kiri should give up singles since she's not likely to move up. That way she can totally commit to making this work.

yeah it's time to pick one or the other - especially if nationals schedules are going to have her doing her entire competition in two days - that's just asking for injury IMO.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Take a page from the Marcy Hinzmann playbook from a few years ago. Marcy was a good skater but had some issues getting the full range of elements she needed to compete as a top US senior. Switched to pairs, ended up with Aaron Parchem, and the rest is history---trip to the Olympics. Similar to Kiri, she remained small...a good size for a lady pair skater.

samson

Medalist
So did three of the pairs skate before five of the ice dancers? And now the rest of the pairs are going to skate live? I'm a little confused hahah!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't see Vise and Baldwin continuing on after this competition. She's nearly 27 and he's way up there at age 35. If it hasn't happened for them by now in the big competitions, it's never going to. I'm expecting a retirement announcement soon.

I think they might stick around for one more year, since they might think they have a slim chance of making the Olympics, but then retire after they (probably) don't make the team.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
So did three of the pairs skate before five of the ice dancers? And now the rest of the pairs are going to skate live? I'm a little confused hahah!

I think first group of pairs then first group of dancers is done. Then final 2 groups of pairs and final 2 groups of dancers. With icemakes inbetween. Likely this is being dictated by TV broadcasters.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think first group of pairs then first group of dancers is done. Then final 2 groups of pairs and final 2 groups of dancers. With icemakes inbetween. Likely this is being dictated by TV broadcasters.
correct on all counts.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Scimeca/Kneirem doing a fantastic job. If this is what comes out of their first season together, can't wait to see them next year and after!

MissCleo

On the Ice
the ice network backstage feed has someone calling the elements with the levels as well. there's no video feed for the program though.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hysterical to hear Sandra Bezic comment that an element is huge when it barely leaves the ice. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
With three pairs still to skate:

PlaceStart No.NameShort ProgramFree SkateTotal Score
Place
17Alexa Scimeca / Christopher Knierim352.791119.96172.75
26Lindsay Davis / Mark Ladwig551.652113.43165.08
35Gretchen Donlan / Andrew Speroff749.813109.86159.67
43Tarah Kayne / Daniel O'Shea947.744100.58148.32
52Kiri Baga / Taylor Toth848.13599.95148.08
64DeeDee Leng / Timothy LeDuc650.84792.87143.71
71Tiffany Vise / Don Baldwin1044.41698.94143.35

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Hysterical to hear Sandra Bezic comment that an element is huge when it barely leaves the ice. :laugh:

OMG. :laugh: When she said that and it turns out to be one of the lowest elements in the air I've seen I laughed. I was like who in the world is the commentator.

She was saying how the new pairs who probably won't stay together are exciting. Sorry I don't see it.