2013 Europeans Ladies LP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies LP

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
They didn't. The Russian babies won both, SP and FP. It's Caro who won nothing. :p
And how my charming one BV that I was referring to was inflated at RN? They gave double jumps the BV of triples? Or they did what exactly? Oh please. :biggrin:
I wonder when people say "No, it's not", do they really think that no one else can read? CanadianSkaterGuy is right on this one: fall is an error for which final GOE must be in the minus of -3 reduction. Other errors of this kind recheck in ISU Communication 1724. Your info is not entirely right.

Me too - I hate it, especially when accused of it. So lets go look, let's talk. Page 12 for jump errors

IF the jumps is "One more or less revolution than required", the score: GOE -3. No ifs, ands or buts. It says the GOE must be -3.
IF the jump, in the short program, the jump doesn't have any steps behind it, GOE - 3. There it is again

HOWEVER, the fall doesn't say GOE -3. It says - 3. The heading: reduction/other.

Notice that for every error, it lists the reduction that should be applied after taking into the positive aspects. Everything else says -1 to -3, or -1 etc. There are two types of errors: those that are so bad the element must be scored as a negative (The first column) and those that the GOE must be lowered by not necessarily to negative (the third). The second and fourth column is the reductions, as mentioned earlier. However, within the first type, there are errors that are so bad that the GOE must be -3. There are three of them, and they are noted in the "Reduction/Other" column as stating "GOE -3."

Falling on an element isn't one of them.

jamie

On the Ice
Actually Mao didn't use the 3lutz as a combination, so there was no edge call in her 3-3, some may have been marked slightly underrotated but she certainly has had PLENTY
Actually it was in combo with the 3 loop, and it was pre cop so there were no such thing as edge calls or under rotations per se.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Take your own advice, read, and then take my advice, read between the line. BV is not be all end all. Look at all of Mao Asada's 2A-3T in Japan. her 3T should have been URed, but they gave it to her anyway.
Same thing at US Nat, the caller gave Ashley two full credited triples.
Same thing at Russian Nat, the caller can just give BV to anyone. oh, you didn't realize that? :rolleye:
Okay, gotcha. All nationals are inflated and BV is given for doubles/UR jumps/whatever as if they are clean triples, etc. :laugh:
Let's talk less and think more, eh?
I am waiting for you to set and example. :cool:
An automatic -3 is given in the short program if the solo triple doesn't come out of steps... Taking away three GOE levels must happen if a fall occurs and the final GOE must be negative, but if you decide that the combo had enough good qualities to be a plus one, than -2 is legitimate.
Page 12 for jump errors
IF the jumps is "One more or less revolution than required", the score: GOE -3. No ifs, ands or buts. It says the GOE must be -3.
IF the jump, in the short program, the jump doesn't have any steps behind it, GOE - 3. There it is again
HOWEVER, the fall doesn't say GOE -3. It says - 3. The heading: reduction/other.
Is it some kind of special Page 12 that you are the only one aware of? I am talking about ISU Communication that is on the official site. I can make a screen shot for you (let me know) because it seems like judging by your posts you are reading a different text. Have no idea which one. Errors for which final GOE must be in the minuses are:
SP: One or more rev. less than required: GOE -3
SP: Combo consisting of one jump only: GOE -3

And that is all. There is no "automatic" GOE -3 for any "solo triple in SP doesn't come out of steps" or "doesn't have any steps behind it" as you claim. Where did you take it?

For the errors Fall and in SP No required steps/movements preceding Jump the mandatory reduction is -3. The final GOE indeed can be upgrated if the jump had positive features, but still the final GOE must be in the minus. Still you apply the automatic GOE -3 for a jump that "doesn't come out of steps in SP/ doesn't have any steps behind it" (btw not necessary triple, it can be any solo jump) but you don't apply it for falls while in fact both errors are treated the same way by ISU Communication: reduction -3. Sounds like either it's an honest mistake of yours or you are cheating with rules.