YAYZZZ!!!Adelina and Liza bring it! | Golden Skate

YAYZZZ!!!Adelina and Liza bring it!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
SOOOOO happy they are on the pofium on their debut! With such a score!))))))
And Caro was just so WONDERFUL! I think she is the strongest skater this season! Should win worlds!

gmyers

Record Breaker
No kostner should not win. Yuna should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Kostner and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

Yeah Liza and Adelina are the first Russians to medal since slutskaya but lizas loss shows how jumps basically don't matter anymore. Yuna could do Mao or kostner jumps but doesn't. She tries with jumps with 3/3 and lutz and flip in free skates. Yuna has everything even though jumps are irrelevant.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No most we should not win. Yuma should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Most Ed and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

Yeah Liza and Adelina are the first Russians to medal since slutskaya but lizas loss shows how jumps basically don't matter anymore. Yuna could do Mao or kostner jumps but doesn't. She tries with jumps with 3/3 and lutz and flip in free skates. Yuna has everything even though jumps are irrelevant.

I'm thinking 3A and 4S-3T she should train :yes:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kostner is lucky that Europe is weak in Ladies with the exception of the Russian girls. Being as young as they are was asking to much at this time despite the jumps they just don't have the reputation yet.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
But Costner actually tries to improve) She added lutz and 3f-3t? The commentator said that was the jump she planned...not 3f-2t) so I'm okay with her!) she really is beautiful on the ice.

lilywang

Rinkside
Liza delivered a 7 triple program, with the complete set of 5 triples. And she had no flutz or lip, no downgrade. It has been a long time since we have seen a program with such level.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Liza delivered a 7 triple program, with the complete set of 5 triples. And she had no flutz or lip, no downgrade. It has been a long time since we have seen a program with such level.

I'm SO proud of both of them! Adele and Liza)) Our future champs hehe))) This Worlds will be interesting for sure) They'll give a run for Mao,Asley etc money:)

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Liz was 10 points higher than Kostner in TES (70 v. 60), but somehow Kostner was almost 10 points higher than Liz in PCS (61 v. 70). The latter will not happen come Sochi, and Liz will destroy Kostner. The technical content of Liz's program is more than impressive. I think Adelina also showed that she is legit. This year's Worlds, and the upcoming Olympics, should be very exciting!!!

hybfc

Rinkside

she does have great jumping technique

hybfc

Rinkside
Liz was 10 points higher than Kostner in TES (70 v. 60), but somehow Kostner was almost 10 points higher than Liz in PCS (61 v. 70). The latter will not happen come Sochi, and Liz will destroy Kostner. The technical content of Liz's program is more than impressive. I think Adelina also showed that she is legit. This year's Worlds, and the upcoming Olympics, should be very exciting!!!

The former will not happen either. 70 TES is almost the best she can do. Kostner lost about 7 points on the 2 double sals. And she can replace a double toe with a triple. I am not sure she can deliver a consistent 3f3t, but a 2a3t which she did last year is in her capability range. So she is definitely capable of scoring 70 in TES. I do not see how Liz can destroy Kostner when Kostner does not make multiple mistakes.

Tanja90

On the Ice
No kostner should not win. Yuna should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Kostner and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

ehm...at least wait the start of the competition. If carolina skate cleans with a triple triple and not doubling the salchows she is up there with kim. Kim has jumps carolina doesn't do? sorry? di I see wrong or carolina landed a perfect lutz and a flip in the long? maybe you mean that carolina has jumps that kim doesn't do...since the loop is out of kim's plans. If they both skates clean kostner has a slightly edge over kim on the technical elements since carolina plans 7 triples while kim plans 6; carolina has way better steps than yuna, I would say that her seq counts like anothet triple. As for the PCS sadly judges will reward yuna more than kostner something I cannot understand since I find Yuna's program flat compare to carolina's.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The former will not happen either. 70 TES is almost the best she can do. Kostner lost about 7 points on the 2 double sals. And she can replace a double toe with a triple. I am not sure she can deliver a consistent 3f3t, but a 2a3t which she did last year is in her capability range. So she is definitely capable of scoring 70 in TES. I do not see how Liz can destroy Kostner when Kostner does not make multiple mistakes.

Liza had -GOE from her flip, her spins and steps can still be maxed out
as well as her 3LZ-3T can get higher GOE who was not that much given at her FS

Tuktamysheva blew the SP and was way too far behind.

cosmos

On the Ice
ehm...at least wait the start of the competition. If carolina skate cleans with a triple triple and not doubling the salchows she is up there with kim. Kim has jumps carolina doesn't do? sorry? di I see wrong or carolina landed a perfect lutz and a flip in the long? maybe you mean that carolina has jumps that kim doesn't do...since the loop is out of kim's plans. If they both skates clean kostner has a slightly edge over kim on the technical elements since carolina plans 7 triples while kim plans 6; carolina has way better steps than yuna, I would say that her seq counts like anothet triple. As for the PCS sadly judges will reward yuna more than kostner something I cannot understand since I find Yuna's program flat compare to carolina's.

Did she ever?

Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.

gmyers

Record Breaker

The beginning of the thread was right after Euros and the first post has "carolina strongest skater of the season should win worlds" and that was with a program with two double salchows. And the double axel. The double is normal and fine but having three jumping passes all doubles and having a great score and almost winning the FS? You get 8 spots for jumps and she used 3 for doubles and had 4 triples. I think its obvious that her plan was do flip and lutz but have no 3/3 but just do everything well including doubles at the end. Lower risk and good for GOE.

Tuktamysheva blew the SP and was way too far behind.

Sotnikova should have won then. It is so bad to have the double salchow champion. She really looked like that was her plan and it should be that way.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
But Costner actually tries to improve) She added lutz and 3f-3t? The commentator said that was the jump she planned...not 3f-2t) so I'm okay with her!) she really is beautiful on the ice.
That's correct: her FS is planned as a 7-triples program (she was actually trying 3F+3T during the morning practice)
Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.
Oh, yes, that's why Carolina receives always level 4 with almost all +3 GOE when Yu-Na has received level 4 for her StSq just once or twice throughout all her career and receives even +1 GOE... :laugh: (Seriously, I understand that Yu-Na can be better than Kostner in a lot of things, but Kostner is really head and shoulders above Yu-Na in the steps!)
But, about the topic of this thread, I have to say that I'm really happy with Liza and Adelina winning medals, they skated their best and they had really good results, consdiering that this was their first trip to Euros! :agree:

Tanja90

On the Ice
The beginning of the thread was right after Euros and the first post has "carolina strongest skater of the season should win worlds" and that was with a program with two double salchows. And the double axel. The double is normal and fine but having three jumping passes all doubles and having a great score and almost winning the FS? You get 8 spots for jumps and she used 3 for doubles and had 4 triples. I think its obvious that her plan was do flip and lutz but have no 3/3 but just do everything well including doubles at the end. Lower risk and good for GOE.

Sotnikova should have won then. It is so bad to have the double salchow champion. She really looked like that was her plan and it should be that way.

I find frustrating that everybody can see only her mistakes and call her a double salchow champion..it's not that she did only doubles!
you say that obviously she planned the doubles and no 3-3? well you are wrong! she is planning the 3f3t in her program and she didn't do that in zagreb because she didn't land the flip very well slowing her speed to much to attach the 3t...as for the double salchow well she was really tired as she said and really didn't have strenght in her legs....don't forget that if for most of the skater this is middle season, for her it's the beginning!
plus I wasn't say that with the performance of saturday she should win over kim...I was saying if both skate clean with all the triples they plans the competition would be close...and a personally give a slightly edge to carolina for the reason I explained in my previous post