SAG Awards | Golden Skate

SAG Awards

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Did anyone catch them on TNT? I totally spaced it was that time of year already so missed most of it. Dick Van Dyke got the lifetime acheivement award from what I've read. So bummed I missed it.

Jennifer Lawrence just won best actress - and I think ripped her dress on the way to the stage?!

Yes, I watched. They ran it again after the first run ended. I'm sure they'll show it again either later tonight or later in the week.

It was fun to see who was nominated and who won. If you get a chance (maybe on YouTube), look up Dick Van Dyke's speech, because it was really charming and apt. Yes, he did get a lifetime achievement award, and it was fun seeing the montage of all the things he's done. I think my favorite Van Dyke performance is Bert in Mary Poppins, but I've seen his film rendition of his Broadway performance in Bye Bye Birdie, and it's delightful to realize that he made such a splash on Broadway as well as on TV and in film. How many people can look back on a career that hits all three major forms of entertainment?

One observation: I am normally fond of short hair for women (being kind of tired of all that flowing hair everyone wears), but Anne Hathaway looks better with longer hair. Her features are so prominent that her face needs a fuller frame. With longer hair she's one of the most beautiful women of her generation, but with this short haircut she just doesn't look in proportion. Winona Ryder carries it off, and I loved when Michelle Kwan cropped her hair, but it doesn't work as well for Hathaway.