The Third Russian Lady | Golden Skate

The Third Russian Lady

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Who do you think (if they have not been named already) will be the third Russian lady for Worlds? Will it be Aleona Leonova, or did Nicole Gosviani's comeback help her case?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
this will be interesting, it will be like Worlds 2012 with Leonova in Makarova's situation
Cup of Russia Final will be on Feb 6, so not yet determined

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's just going to be Gosviani because Leonova in the final can't make any mistakes. What if she pops a jump? Then it's well Leonova hasn't improved. So she can't fall at all or single one jump.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's just going to be Gosviani because Leonova in the final can't make any mistakes. What if she pops a jump? Then it's well Leonova hasn't improved. So she can't fall at all or single one jump.

This will be probably be Leonova's most important event as if she missed this out
we may not see her again same with Makarova, next season she may be of no use anymore
as more younger girls will be eligible for full seniors next season, Julia L. Anna P. just to name a few.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This will be probably be Leonova's most important event as if she missed this out
we may not see her again same with Makarova, next season she may be of no use anymore
as more younger girls will be eligible for full seniors next season, Julia L. Anna P. just to name a few.
I agree: this skate will be a key one, I think that (unless Lipnitskaya or one between Liza/Adelina has another injury next season) this is her last opportunity to make the World team, especially thinking that in 2014 Radionova will be eligible, too... But I expect it to be Gosviani, though: she skated well at Euros and, even if her performance was not like Korobeneykova's 2012 one, she looked a lot less nervous than Polina, so I think that she is a tougher skater, mentally: she could be able to skate like this again at Worlds, I think, she doesn't think she is a diva (she didn't place in the top 3 in any of the two programs), so I think that she wouldn't have a lot of expectations if she was sent to Worlds, she would just focus on skating her best...

berrycute

On the Ice
My heart says they should give it to Ksenia Makarova, the only really elegant senior lady in Russia right now. Probably not going to happen, unfortunately.

I was a bit underwhelmed with Gosviani at Euros, ok LP but not artistic or memorable. Leonova's programs this season are not her worst (not saying much), and as the reigning silver medalist I think she should be given another shot.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Giovani is lovely as a skater but I m not sure what her future is, her presentation needs some more miles and her jumps are very small and scratchy

ForeverFish

Medalist
Probably not Leonova, unless she does something that of absolutely epic proportions. And I use the term in the literal sense. She hit a huge peak last season (winning silver at Worlds), but then showed only mediocre (at best) performances at her Grand Prix events and didn't even medal at her own Nationals. It's a shame that Radionova isn't age-eligible, because she could make the field a whole lot more interesting.