Worlds best guesses for podiums? | Golden Skate

Worlds best guesses for podiums?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Best Guesses then wishes....

Ladies, Mens, Pairs and Dance.

All the comps have happened...who gets the medals?

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
Best guesses:
Ladies
1.Kim
2. Asada
3. Kostner
Men
1.Hanyu
2. Chan
3. Fernandez or Takahashi

Pairs
1. V/T
2. S/S
3. B/L or D/R

Dance
1. D/W
2. V/M
3. Toss up between P/B (if they're there) W/P( same as P/B) C/L, I/K or B/S

Wishes...

Ladies
Wagner
Asada
Kim

Men
Takahashi
Fernandez
Hanyu

For pairs, I would love to see D/R medal. I'm not really interested in the rest because I find the top contenders largely unimpressive this year.

Dance
D/W
W/P
C/L

vera01

Final Flight
Best guess:

Ladies
1.Yuna Kim
2.Carolina Kostner
3.Mao Asada

Wish
1.Yuna:)
2.Carolina
3.Ashley
4.Mao:I might be little biased here, but I do love her FS program this season and think she is a wonderful skater. It's just that I prefer Yuna, Carolina and Ashley over Mao.

Men
1.Chan
2.Hanyu
3.Fernandez

Wish
1.Chan
2.Fernandez
3.Hanyu

Pairs
1.V/T
2.S/S
3.D/R or P/T

Wish
1.S/S
2.V/T
3.D/R or P/T

Ice Dnace
1.D/W
2.V/M
3.W/P or P/B

Wish
1.V/M
2.D/W
3.W/P or P/B-I can't choose!

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
MEN

Best Guess: 1) Chan 2) Hanyu 3) Fernandez or Takahashi
Wish: 1) Takahashi 2) Chan 3) Joubert

LADIES

Best Guess: 1) Kim 2) Asada 3) Kostner
Wish: 1) Kim 2) Wagner 3) Osmond

PAIRS:

Best Guess: 1) Volosozhar/Trankov 2) Savchenko/Szolkowy 3) Bazarova/Larionov or Duhamel/Radford
Wish: 1) Savchenko/Szolkowy 2) Volosozhar/Trankov 3) Duhamel/Radford

DANCE:

Best Guess: 1) Davis/White 2) Virtue/Moir 3) Pechalat/Bourzat
Wish: same

jamie

On the Ice
Ladies: 1) Kostner 2) Tuk 3) Kim 4) Sotnikova 5) Asada 6) Wagner

Men: 1)Hanyu 2) Takahashi 3) Fernandez 4) Chan 5) Brezina 6)Amodio

Dance: 1) D&W 2) V&M 3) B&S 4) P&B 5) I&K 6) Caplans

Pairs: 1) S&S 2) V&T 3)Duhamel and Radford 4) B&L 5)P&T 6)Cannuck #2's

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Men:
Prediction- 1) Chan 2)Hanyu 3)Takahashi
Wish- 1)Takahashi 2)Fernandez 3)Joubert

Ladies:
Prediction- 1)Kim 2)Asada 3)Kostner
Wish- 1)Wagner 2)Asada 3)Gold

Pairs:
Prediction- 1)Volosozhar/Trankov 2)Savchenko/Szolkowy 3)Duhamel/Radford
My wish is the same...

Dance:
Prediction- 1)Virtue/Moir 2)Davis/White 3)Pechalat/Bourzat
Wish- 1)Davis/White 2)Virtue/Moir 3)Weaver/Poje or Shibutanis

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
As it stands now, I'm guessing:

1) Kim
2) Asada
3) Wagner (or Suzuki or Kostner)

Even with the poor outings of Wagner/Suzuki I still think they will get it together for Worlds.

Pairs
1) S/S
2) V/T
3) P/T or D/R (hopefully!)

Men
1) Hanyu
2) Chan
3) Takahashi

I think V/T had a great outing against the Germans at Euros but that was really the only time I've seen them bring it against them. I'm hoping they skate well at Worlds, but it's high pressure for them and they haven't been spectacular this season (not that the Germans have too).

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Well I have been a member of this forum before it was even called The Golden Skate Forum. I have not been so bold as to make this statement. However, I am going to say that in my expert opinion and I do know what I am talking about. Gracie Gold is the next ladies Gold medal winner. I would work on the spins and if possible turn the triple lutz tripple toe into Triple Lutz, Triple Loop, Triple Loops. I think the spins expecially Beilman needs faster and more rotations.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I wish:
Pairs
1 - V/T
2 - S/S
3 - D/R

Ladies
1 - Yu-Na or Caro WITHOUT mistakes
2 - Yu-Na or Caro
3 - Adele/Tukt for bronze:p

Men
1 - Yuzuru
2 - Havier
3 - Chan

Dance
1 - D/W
2 - V/M
3 - I/K good for future:)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Realistically, Marissa and Simon may not have much of a chance at the podium, but I hope they have a great skate and improve on Nationals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
^^^^That would be what I hope for them. Maybe to try their throw 4S out in public, and land it, too! as well.

My best guesses:

Men
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Chan

Well that's more of a wish list than a best guess list I guess but given Chan's form this season, it's very possible.

Aaron has been very consistent this season and I wish him a top 10 finish, ensuring two spots in the Olympics for the US but I will cry if he medals.

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Kostner
3. Tuktamysheva

Again a bit of a wish list here. But given how many jumps Asada has been underrotating this season, it's possible she will be outside of the medals. Tuktamysheva will have to skate really well for the bronze, she's capable of that.

Asada and Sotnikova can definitely contend for the bronze as well. I think Gold is out of the equation due to consistency issues.

Pairs

1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Duhamel/Radford

I would love S/S to win but the judges seem so enamoured with V/T, there's very little chance of that happening. Duhamel/Arnold is a big wish. If they land 3lutzes in both programs, they can do it (that is a big if, though I guess).

Ice Dance

1. Davis/White (unstoppable)
2. Virtue/Moir
BIG GAP
3. Pechalat/Bourzat (I hope but it will be really hard for them given injury and Russian teams' momentum)

Realistically Bobrova/Soloviev and Ilynikh/Katsalapov are both capable of beating P/B, I hate to say.

Well I have been a member of this forum before it was even called The Golden Skate Forum. I have not been so bold as to make this statement. However, I am going to say that in my expert opinion and I do know what I am talking about. Gracie Gold is the next ladies Gold medal winner. I would work on the spins and if possible turn the triple lutz tripple toe into Triple Lutz, Triple Loop, Triple Loops. I think the spins expecially Beilman needs faster and more rotations.

She hasn't had a single good competition (both programs skated very well) all season.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
My best guesses:

Men
1. Hanyu
2. Orser
3. Chan

Well that's more of a wish list than a best guess list I guess but given Chan's form this season, it's very possible.

.... I dunno - I think Chan can beat someone who hasn't skated as an amateur since the 80s.

Agree with the top two for Ladies/Pairs and Dance. I think B/L will probably sneak ahead of Duhamel/Radford (seriously dude, you're awesome, but Arnold?). VERY curious who ends up third in dance - that's become a real cluster.

.... I dunno - I think Chan can beat someone who hasn't skated as an amateur since the 80s.

Agree with the top two for Ladies/Pairs and Dance. I think B/L will probably sneak ahead of Duhamel/Radford (seriously dude, you're awesome, but Arnold?). VERY curious who ends up third in dance - that's become a real cluster.

:D

Duhamel/Arnold have been doing sbs 3lutzes as well. :)

I don't think Bazarova/Larionov will medal. They aren't very consistent and injuries held them back this season as well.