2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP

oleada

Record Breaker
It's nice to have Julia back, but her SP was shaky and the difference between her and the top two should've bene bigger, IMO.

vera01

Final Flight
Julia imo should get higher PCS than Elena
though Julia was a bit tentative today she must have felt relieved this is her first competition since her injury, I say it was well done :)

I was quite surprised to see that Julia's PCS wasn't higher than Elena-only because Julia can compete at Sochi. Otherwise, I think Russia would push Elena to the top after Sochi 2014 as she actually has potential to score high in both TES and PCS.

Yes, Julia's SS are nice but I wouldn't give her high scores for TR, PE, IN, and CH. She lacks in artistry. I don't know why Julia gets higher IN/TR scores than Elena's at international events-maybe it's because she has competed at more international events than Elena?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So Julia was clean so far, hopefully that's a good sign regarding her injuries (meaning that hopefully she's recovered well). Probably her best outing this season so far :)
I'd still stick to what I said before - Elena is the better jumper and skater in my eyes. I was a little curious if the jugdes would put Julia in first in the PCS, but I'm glad they didn't. IMO, Elena definitly wins on IN and CH, and on TR too. PE is quite equal - Julia doesn't really skate to her music, but she has some nice confidence, lines and presence. And I'd say they're tied for SS too (though I'm not really seeing where Julia is suppossedly faster than Elena...), so I'm really fine with the scores the jugdes gave!
About the jumps: I really don't like this little hops Julia does after her jumps. She doesn't have much flow-out it and this little hops there make it look like she's trying to get speed again, but it doesn't look nice at all. And she didn't have mistakes, no way she could have scored 69+ and beat Elena based on TES.
Serafima is complelty new to me, she really has a nice style and is enjoyable to watch. Man, she looks so ready to dominate the JPG next season :eek: (that would make it 4 in a row for russia!)

But all in all, amazing top 3. Wishing everyone all the best for the FS! :)

Julia lost a few GOES probably from the shaky 3T landing, and her step seq probbaly got low level , it was a bit shaky too
I think Julia could ave scored 69+, its obvious Julia is faster than Elena on ice, no way should they get the same in SS, maybe CH an IN, Elena wins

vera01

Final Flight
I think both Elena and Julia deserved PCS they receieved.

Both Julia and Serafima does better with their SP. Julia never skated clean with her FS this season(if I'm correct). It'll be fun to see if Julia will be able to skate clean/Serafima manages to get high FS score which would put her in a 2nd place, not 3rd.However, I still think Elena would be in a 1st place, Julia 2nd and Serafima 3rd. Elena has been consistent with her FS except she wasn't so lucky with her flip at JGPF.

But.. if Julia does a clean FS(she did a clean SP today-never mind her 2A or 3T, I don't think she got a -GOE.), she's probably going to win.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
skyfly20 said:
Julia lost a few GOES probably from the shaky 3T landing, and her step seq probbaly got low level , it was a bit shaky too
I think Julia could ave scored 69+, its obvious Julia is faster than Elena on ice, no way should they get the same in SS, maybe CH an IN, Elena wins

But Julia isn't getting level 4's on her steps usually either. I think Elena already did (but I would have to look it up).
And for the speed: just because you repeat again and again how suppossedly fast Julia is, that doesn't make it true :unsure: she's not slow, and maybe a little faster than most juniors, but it's really not as much as difference as you make it sound. Besides, so what if Julia is faster? Kanako Murakami and Miki Ando are both faster than Mao Asada. Do they have better SS? Definitly no. Speed is not the only thing that counts for SS.

vera01

Final Flight
But Julia isn't getting level 4's on her steps usually either. I think Elena already did (but I would have to look it up).
And for the speed: just because you repeat again and again how suppossedly fast Julia is, that doesn't make it true :unsure: she's not slow, and maybe a little faster than most juniors, but it's really not as much as difference as you make it sound. Besides, so what if Julia is faster? Kanako Murakami and Miki Ando are both faster than Mao Asada. Do they have better SS? Definitly no. Speed is not the only thing that counts for SS.

Elena received 2 level fours(SP&FS at GPF). Julia didn't. Or at least, she always received level 3 at Grand Prix Series.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
vera01 said:
Elena received 2 level fours(SP&FS at GPF). Julia didn't. Or at least, she always received level 3 at Grand Prix Series.

Thanks for the info :)

vera01

Final Flight
Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^^

I'm glad Julia is taking it slow, her performance was commendable considering and it was her first competition since her injury
hope she continues to do well in the FS

Slowdive

On the Ice
I like how Valentina Chernyshova enters the 'I' spin at the end of her program - a bit like Elene Gedevanishvili however Chernyshova is more flexible.
Overall very impressed with this crop of skaters.
Zaseeva is very lovely to watch (nice outfit but her tights are too dark).

seniorita

Record Breaker
How old is Serafima? Great skating and program.
I figured out what I bother in Julia, it is her chin movements, she moves her head like a gymnast.
Radionova is on fire on this sp and her bielman is great too!

I dount if RF will let them beat Julia, she gets full seniors next year.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I am not sure about her future. Her jumps are nice but not high. Especially I do not like her final spin. Compare it with Lipnitskaia or Radionova.

Sakhanovich was really lovely. Solid jumps (both 3lutz/3toe and 3flip done after halfway mark, I think), well choreographed program with quite a lot of connecting movements and she's quite elegant too. She had the whole package, really. Could push a little more on the expression but given her ages, everything was quite extraordinary.

I think Lipnitskaia was gifted a little on the marks because of her reputation.