2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP

So Radionova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya will be the JW team?

Skaters 2-4 not junior age-eligible until next season (yet landing crazy triple-triple combos all round :eek:).

vera01

Final Flight
So Radionova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya will be the JW team?

Skaters 2-4 not junior age-eligible until next season (yet landing crazy triple-triple combos all round :eek:).

I think so. I think Elena has a good chance of winning gold at Jr.Worlds.:) Julia.. Well, she might win silver..

vera01

Final Flight
I think Elena is Russia's new favorite, though she really deserved to win here:) I think she would've scored around 190 if it was an international competition(Julia scored 191 at last year's JN, than got 187 at last year's Jr. Worlds. I'm not sure if skaters are more overscored this year than last year).

vera01

Final Flight
There is another favourite for silver?:eek:

Maybe not. I'm not sure about American ladies-maybe Courtney Hicks can win silver, but I don't think she is a consistent skater. Japanese junior skaters were never ahead of Julia. I doubt Canadian ladies would finish top.5. There are S.Korean ladies but they are far behind Julia when it comes to TES.

I think she'll win silver.

jamie

On the Ice
1.Elena Radionova:131.74(TES:68.10, PCS:63.64)
2.Serafima Sakhanovich:124.06(TES:64.55, PCS:60.51)
3.Maria Sotskova:122.29(TES:64.40, PCS:57.89)
4.Evgenia Medvedeva:118.84(TES:61.54, PCS:56.64)
5.Anna Pogorilaya:112.52(TES:55.88, PCS.56.64)
6.Julia Lipnitskaia:111.53(TES:52.33, PCS:60.20)

Err.. Julia's PCS is.. high. Julia and Serafima had one fall. Congratulations to Elena for a clean program!

Sotskova is AMAZING.

Her technique is excellent which means she should keep the jumps and the musicality is fantastic.

The Russians are absolute masters at churning out these novice/junior gems.

Anyone of those top 6 ladies could turn into a world champion, my money right now is on Sotskova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia, nooo... :cry:
I think she is not yet ready

maybe she will skip Junior Worlds now ?
Im happy for Sotskova to medal

skatel80

On the Ice
I love watching russian junior nats with all the crazy tech elements it is so exciting, 3/3s all over the place! I agree that sotscova has beautiful jumps and very good technique, she was great! Sakhanovitch lso has great technique. Poor julia! It is very surprising to see her off the podium, her jump technique however is not all that great, its not just the
2a (which is pretty bad) but all the jumps have an odd jerky technique. She does impress me as she manages to land them though and her spins are stunning, Im glad she will go to junior worlds, I am sure she will bounce back, she is a tough girl.
Elene is so impressive for someone so young her presentation is very good and the jumps speak for themselves:)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Im still shocked Julia is off the podium :cry:, hope she'll kick back at Junior Worlds

Russian Juniors to watch out for next season as i have said will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and Medvedeva

hanca

Record Breaker
Im still shocked Julia is off the podium :cry:, hope she'll kick back at Junior Worlds

Russian Juniors to watch out for next season as i have said will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and Medvedeva

And Ogoreltseva. She is comparable with Sotskova and Medvedeva. She had to withdraw from junior nationals, but had some impressive results at Russian internal competitions this season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree, the injury though played with her mind, she is a bit hesitant now and she might be afraid at the moment of getting injured again
hope Julia will still go at Junior Worlds, this was her first competition since her injury so she has a few more weeks to prepare to junior worlds

silverlake22

Record Breaker
There is another favourite for silver?:eek:

Some people are saying Miyahara, but Miyahara was only 5th at JGPF. She's good, but her jumps are tiny and prone to UR, don't get much GOE even when completed, and I think her size prevents her from getting very high PCS internationally. If Miyahara is considered a favorite for silver, than so should Pogorilaya, who beat her by a good margin at the JGPF and continues to skate very well. I'm very happy Anna is most likely on the JW team, I like her drive, she was so gutsy adding that 3lz-3t in the middle of her FS, you can tell she wants to do well. Good competitor and very pretty girl. Hope she does well.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder if Radionova will perform at the JGP next season as well?

Adelina, Liza and Julia took the chance to compete at senior GP events, even though they were not old enough to do Europeans/Worlds. From that I would suspect that Elena will do the same. Why remain in juniors if in seniors she can get more experience, and she would have one most of it in Juniors anyway. (I am saying most of it because she didn't win the junior worlds yet).

tulosai

Record Breaker
Adelina, Liza and Julia took the chance to compete at senior GP events, even though they were not old enough to do Europeans/Worlds. From that I would suspect that Elena will do the same. Why remain in juniors if in seniors she can get more experience, and she would have one most of it in Juniors anyway. (I am saying most of it because she didn't win the junior worlds yet).

She can't. THe rules changed last year and Julia L was 'grandfathered in'. Starting next year age requirements for the GP are the same as for Worlds and Olympics. Radinova will have to do the JGP again next year.

vera01

Final Flight
She can't. THe rules changed last year and Julia L was 'grandfathered in'. Starting next year age requirements for the GP are the same as for Worlds and Olympics. Radinova will have to do the JGP again next year.

She can, actually. Rules only work after Sochi Olympics.

But I don't think she'll be at GPF or even if she makes it, she'll not be on the podium, unless Yuna or Carolina doesn't compete at Grand Prx Series next season.