Elena Radionova | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

janav

On the Ice
Although I'm not fan of her SP (I agree with posters who call it 'chaotic')but I like that she tries something different. And most importantly, she seems to really enjoy her programmes, it's just so refreshing to watch her! It seems to me that a lot of people want to see the Yuna-type of skaters (and don't get me wrong, I love Yuna!) and if someone doesn't go for that style of skating and chooses different approach, it's wrong. I'm happy that Elena tries to go her way. You go girl!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Although I'm not fan of her SP (I agree with posters who call it 'chaotic')but I like that she tries something different. And most importantly, she seems to really enjoy her programmes, it's just so refreshing to watch her! It seems to me that a lot of people want to see the Yuna-type of skaters (and don't get me wrong, I love Yuna!) and if someone doesn't go for that style of skating and chooses different approach, it's wrong. I'm happy that Elena tries to go her way. You go girl!

:thumbsup:

Meoima

Match Penalty
thank you. i'd love to see many types of skaters as well. Not everyone should be princess.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I always loved Radionova but that FS was the point where she totally captured my heart!! I will keep watching it over and over again.

andyjo24

Medalist
I enjoyed Elena's skate today! IMO, she has terrible posture (it seems like she has no neck because of her high shoulders), and she still tends to arm flail a lot.

But... she is such a natural performer, and you can feel the positive energy and her love for skating. I hope she keeps the momentum going!

starlight97

Final Flight
I enjoyed Elena's skate today! IMO, she has terrible posture (it seems like she has no neck because of her high shoulders), and she still tends to arm flail a lot.

I think the fact that she has such a short neck and really thin long limbs really plays to her disadvantage in terms of posture.
I honestly don't think her posture is horrible, but I think "not perfect" can look like "horrible" because of the way her body is built.
Last year was when I first saw her and she was wearing a collar-like thing with her outfit and at first I also thought she skates very hunched but now I believe it looks worse than it actually is.
It's not her fault that she is built like that and (especially at the beginning of her SP) it's visible that she does make a big effort regarding movements and posture and I think she progresses!

And btw, those 5 squeaky clean performances in a row from her :cheer:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm sure she will be very pretty woman with the long legs! She is a girl now... But she is taller than Liza! I couldn't believe in my eyes...

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
At skate America her coach said to her "good luck" right before she took the ice. I couldn't tell if it was my ears tricking me or not.
Her coach actually said "Go!" (literally "went") in Russian, something she seems to say her every time. This word in her way of saying has a clot of power that seem to be well transmitted to Elena.

anyanka

Record Breaker
A few weeks ago I proclaimed that the one program that was "artistically satisfying" FS amongst the ladies was Samantha Cesario's "Carmen".
I was wrong. Add Lena's FS to the list.
Having seen Elena completely ROCK IT OUT at TEB this weekend ... WOW. Such joy, energy, technical prowess, attention to detail, difficulty and perfect execution in that Rachmaninoff free skate. Looking forward to seeing this in GPF, Russian Nationals, Euros and then Worlds! Go Lena!!

Alba

Record Breaker
Haha should have shopped in them wearing their gold medals as bling. They'd be gleamin so hard all the haters would be blinded :cool:

;) :agree:

I love Elena's style. So much in her character also. :dance:

Last edited:

MariaRafael

Rinkside
She'll win by her jumping till her jumps are OK which is not guaranteed. It's easy to jump when one is thin to the point of emaciation. And her choreo training is terrible: hunched shoulders, sticking out knees, she can't keep her back upright. DOn't knw whether it can be improved. Normally these things are told between 5 and 7 yars of age. 15 might be too late.