Elena Radionova | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

voolfee

On the Ice
MariaRafael, Stop hating all figure skaters except your idols: Lipnitskaya and Plushenko. You already fed up to all on the Russian sites. (sorry for my english)

Last edited:

leolion11

On the Ice
She'll win by her jumping till her jumps are OK which is not guaranteed. It's easy to jump when one is thin to the point of emaciation. And her choreo training is terrible: hunched shoulders, sticking out knees, she can't keep her back upright. DOn't knw whether it can be improved. Normally these things are told between 5 and 7 yars of age. 15 might be too late.

It's true that Elena has things to improve on, but so does every skater. You don't have to point it out like that in a fan fest thread. Plus if Yulia is one of your idols then are you critizing her skating as well? It's not as if Yulia is a very refined skater, and plus Elena has way better jumping technique.

Anyway, I hope Elena can do her best at GPF and skate 2 clean programs :cheer: She definitely has what it takes to win GPF so here's to hoping she does just that.

jkun

Final Flight
I've been reading that she is ill, anyone know if this is true? Hope she recovers in time, if true. Everyone deserves to give the competition their all.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been reading that she is ill, anyone know if this is true? Hope she recovers in time, if true. Everyone deserves to give the competition their all.

I think the issue will be how much training she lost. Last time I got the flu real bad I lost weight and didn't recover to 100% for almost a week in terms of stamina and balance. Hopefully it's just minor but the sources I've seen report this have very good knowledge of Russian FS. Fingers crossed for Lena. I think she'll fight tooth and nail to be there.

Alba

Record Breaker

Today I got a report from a good source on FSU that she is not wd.
She might be a bit sick but maybe not as bad as to wd. There is still a week to recover.

Barb

Record Breaker
Nooo, poor Elena, i hope she goes to Barcelona, but with a flu she must feel so weak and like Sam said, losing training time

MariaRafael

Rinkside
I don't have idols. And yes, in terms of choreo Julia is a very refined skater, she is a natural. Besides Julia Lipnitskaya, I like Anna Pogorilaya, Lisa Tukhtamysheva, Javier Fernandes, Sergey Voronov and some couples and dancers. I've never been Evgenyy Pluschenko's fan (cheered for Stefane Lambiel that time). The information provided here in distorted English is entirely wrong.

Time will show whether Elena Radionova can improve. I am not sure her team is working at it. My feeling is that thy are more concerned about the technical aspects of her skating (elements rather than components).

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Sad to hear elena is a bit sick. Hope she can recover fully in time for the final.

Barb

Record Breaker
I don't have idols. And yes, in terms of choreo Julia is a very refined skater, she is a natural. Besides Julia Lipnitskaya, I like Anna Pogorilaya, Lisa Tukhtamysheva, Javier Fernandes, Sergey Voronov and some couples and dancers. I've never been Evgenyy Pluschenko's fan (cheered for Stefane Lambiel that time). The information provided here in distorted English is entirely wrong.

Time will show whether Elena Radionova can improve. I am not sure her team is working at it. My feeling is that thy are more concerned about the technical aspects of her skating (elements rather than components).

No, Yulia is not a very refined skater, but she is more refined than Elena, yes. And it bothers me a lot Elena´s posture too, but I think she can improve, I really hope her team is working about it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:hopelessness: oh no... Elena... I wish you will be alright. I have faith in you!

MariaRafael

Rinkside
They are all traveling to Sweden on Tuesday, Elena Radionova is on the list, she definitely hasn't withdrawn.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Good luck to Elena at the Grand Prix Final!

And here's some photos I took of her at Trophee Eric Bompard, where she booked her place at the final...

leolion11

On the Ice
All the best Elena! (This feels weird because we share the same name :laugh:) she can definitely win if she puts out a clean and inspired performance so I shall root for her to do so :cheer: