Final Flight

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SP Je t'aime (vocals)
LP Titanic (Celine Dion)
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Source: http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/1199-elena-radionova-ne-predstavlyayu-kak-katatsya-bez-ulybki.html

Radionova Elena: "I do not know how to ride without a smile" google translated

On the control skating medalist in Sochi World and European championships Elena Radionova the first time will show the public its new program. On working with Nikolai Morozov, unusual poster for the show in Korea, with Stefan Lambiel acquaintance and that we should learn from foreign skaters in an interview athletes.

Lena, last season you had a "scoring", so that was a good time to relax. Where to go?

This summer, I rested for a long time - three weeks, so there was enough time to switch and gain strength. My parents and I traveled a lot. First went to America. We visited in Minneapolis - the heart of the United States, New York ... We saw a lot of interesting. For example, by helicopter circled around Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty. Unforgettable impressions. New York - an unusual, busy city where life never stops, day or night. We walked a lot, I wanted to see everything.

When America went to Nice. But France did not sit still. We went and looked medieval castles, museums. And, of course, the beach and the sea. As in Nice without it.

Before vacation, I went to a show in Korea. And there, imagine the organizers have placed a poster on a bus unusual - my photo. When I saw it was struck. It was very nice. In the show participated our other skaters - Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov. Sasha man with a sense of humor, and seeing the bus with my picture, did a funny self. We then all laughed for a long time.

At this time, the program put Nikolai Morozov. What is new, he brought?

In working with a new choreographer, everything seems new. To begin with, that the first time we put the program than at the end of the season, and after the holiday. Frankly, I do even better, because on vacation, many things are forgotten, and there's nothing you need to remember. Included in the job and off.

With Nikolai Alexandrovich was very interesting, he has his own style, his view of figure skating. I would call his style "dance" because each time the many dance steps, transitions, bends, the ligaments. At first, for me it was unusual, not all movement is immediate, but during the operation staged Nikolai was on the ice, he has shown, suggests and it facilitates the process.

I liked his rule is set so that it was convenient to the athlete. He always asked this question. And both programs really get comfortable, so they are easy to roll, there is no fatigue.

A set of jump elements remained the same, but the steps are absolutely new. I had to learn new movement body, legs ... In general, the program became more dance.

Music programs offered Morozov?

For a short «Je t'aime» - his idea. Music strong vocals. Skate it's great because you can give out the emotions to the fullest. At some point, even the most want to sing. I like permeates the singer's voice.

Skating also received classroom. Inna Germanovna (Goncharenko - coach skater - OE.) Offered to take the music from "Titanic." This film I watched several times. This story! I want to cry. It is unrealistic beautiful song by Celine Dion. And almost none of the skaters that music did not take. I wanted to show and tell her on the ice.

It seems to me that the audience will accept my new program well. My goal this season - to work to the maximum, to perform well in competitions. And there is solved.

What does it mean for you "work out the maximum"?

Fully concentrate on what I'm doing. This summer I took part in the show, Denis Ten, a few days flew to Almaty. And there live for the first time saw the rolls Stephane Lambiel. It shocked me. His skating is so beautiful, light, soft - unreal! What position, rotation, it falls short legs ... I still am impressed by what he saw. Stefan just a fan of figure skating, he lives them.

It was very interesting to watch, and for other skaters. It seemed that they were not at all ready to leave the ice. They sit down, take a break and start to ride again, although no one makes. For them, the ice - this is for the ordinary people of the land. Their feet seemed rooted to the skates.

I was struck by how Shibutani at the training course on the big just for yourself inventing support. Invent, we tried. We worked in the fun. It's very good quality, which must borrow from foreign athletes to grow and develop further.

You feel like an equal in the company of famous athletes?

It is already used to it. But a year and a half ago, it was a bit unusual. But I try all to find a common language. Athletes all friendly. Even with the language barrier made it easier. After America I tried to talk in English, and I understood.

Time to study enough?

I - horoshistka, learning without triples. But because of figure skating in school is focusing on core subjects. Something teach itself. In some ways, my mother helps the teacher. Happy rink, evening study. On weekends, I go to the teachers. This year I want to take exams in two years to leave school early.

So?

I will act in a sports institute, because due to my schedule will be hard to study at another university.

Do you want to become a coach?

I do not know. Being a coach - hard work. And not always grateful. Grow, grow pupil, and then he suddenly goes away. Can you imagine that happening at this moment in the shower coach?

And at the same time I want to try to train the children, because I had invested so much, the knowledge I learned a lot and should know how to share all this with those who want to engage in figure skating.

But I have another dream - to go to drama school or GITIS Moscow Art Theater. Not right away. Perhaps, then, I want to get a second degree and become an actress. Every year this desire only intensified.

What attracted to this profession?

Like the audience in the hall, when the audience watching, empathize with what you show what you tell. If you feel that they like it, you get a charge of emotion and joy. I am always with that mindset has always come out on the ice, so can not imagine how you can go without a smile.

Olga Ermolina

Last edited:

moviebuff

On the Ice
Loved Lena's honest response to the 'coach' question. She should definitely go to drama school if that's what she's gravitated towards! Lena would make a fabulous actress on screen or stage. :cheer:

However...
The vocal stylings of both Lara Fabrian AND Celine Dion to liven up your eardrums.....:unsure:

On a positive note: Chinese audiences LOVE "My Heart Will Go On", almost everyone can more or less hum along to it. So this might actually work in Lena's favour at COC.

Batsuchan

Medalist

Yes, very pretty! :love:

Here are a bunch of other recent photos with Lena.

From the Vivat Russia show last weekend:
https://instagram.com/p/7QMfTumqzW/
https://instagram.com/p/7SmYs0opXs/

In Sochi:
https://pp.vk.me/c625123/v625123185/3f6c6/PWXVy1XAw2M.jpg
https://instagram.com/p/7Zm-j2EWdK/
https://instagram.com/p/7ckmjLkWek/
https://instagram.com/p/7dV4ioBFRM/

Chilling with Anna:
https://instagram.com/p/7c4oUAjCKF/?taken-by=annapogorilaya

This photo has been posted already, but I can't believe how tall Lena looks relative to Yulia!! :eek:
https://instagram.com/p/7aV8mGQYWZ/?taken-by=lenok_radionova

SP Je t'aime (vocals)
LP Titanic (Celine Dion)

OMG, FINALLY!!!!!!
:drama: Thanks DobrinFan!!

I'm not exactly sure what to think....Lena's music choices are certainly...unconventional...I'm sure she'll have no problems selling the *BIG DRAMA*, but I'm a little concerned that her two programs will be too similar (two female power ballads)...? Though I guess we'll have to see what other music they use from "Titanic"...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah I'm not really sure if she's saying she is skating to Titanic and that she loves "My Heart Will Go On" or that she is actually skating to "My Heat Will Go On" :shrug:

Guess it doesn't matter, people will complain either way. I'm really excited to see what Morozov brings to the table with her :biggrin: :agree:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena Radionova: I made four short programs - to different music, with different images
12.09.2015 20:10:01 | Figure skating | News http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22423.html

Today, September 12, in the arena of "puck" in Sochi opened rentals are the Russian national figure skating. On the short program and plans for the season, the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Alexey Kindirovu told medalist World and European championships Elena Radionova.

- Actually, I have a few short programs - said Elena Radionova. - To be precise - four. And during the season, I can change them like a glove (laughter) - to choose, depending on the competition, the most suitable at the moment.

- Why do you need so many programs on the season ?!
- I wanted to choose the best option. All four programs - different. For different music with different images ... I hope that the program with which I speak today, all very much. Of course, it is only the beginning of the season, a lot will be finished, but at the moment I skated as I can.

- Tell us more about his short program.
- I support the song Lara Fabian Je t'aime. The choice fell on her because I wanted to find the music that comes from inside me. And this music is very strong and emotional, I totally gave it to her in his speech, to express their feelings in dance. For me it is - a rarity, so cling to music, chat to tears. In this program, I show my sincere emotions.

- How did you feel going out on the ice today?
- The song speaks of love - a feeling that is familiar to everyone, so expressive voice that I think not only me, but all the people overwhelmed with emotion. After all, figure skating is an art - music where you can bring to life and tell a story, and it's very interesting.

CutieP

On the Ice
so dramatic :cry:

She's not gonna smile much in it is she. :cry:

I need to see this in costume (and better video) before any judgement.

- Actually, I have a few short programs - said Elena Radionova. - To be precise - four. And during the season, I can change them like a glove (laughter) - to choose, depending on the competition, the most suitable at the moment.

Grazy girl! :rock:

I would love to see her do many different kind of shows, but i'm not convinced that it would be a winning strategy. I mean, are those programs going to be polished.

Then again, if it's only SP, then perhaps it can be done...:eek:hwell:

She seriously needs to do a Senior B comp. Her GP assingments are too far off. I have to see her actually perform sooner than that:cheer2: