Elena Radionova | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

starlight97

Final Flight
I think it's very interesting that she said that THIS was actually the skate before which she was most nervous out of her career.
One would think that she'd say Junior Worlds or GPF since in Sochi there was nothing for her to win or lose.

But she said so many people were watching and she wanted them to remember her positively.
If Elena says this Gala skate was her most nervous moment one can only imagine how the 2 girls who skated in the actual competition must have felt.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think it's very interesting that she said that THIS was actually the skate before which she was most nervous out of her career.
One would think that she'd say Junior Worlds or GPF since in Sochi there was nothing for her to win or lose.

But she said so many people were watching and she wanted them to remember her positively.
If Elena says this Gala skate was her most nervous moment one can only imagine how the 2 girls who skated in the actual competition must have felt.

I agree in tot. :agree:

starlight97

Final Flight
In case someone wants to see true beauty on ice:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TyGLAJOi8

- She looks stunning (her costumes have improved incredibly compared to last season
- She interprets the music amazingly (no matter if it's one's personal taste or not, she understands this music and tells a story. It's not just meaningless skating with a bit of arm waving! )
- She has a difficult program and performed it cleanly despite the fact that's so early in the season and not many skaters seem to be able to do that this season)
- She developed. She improved drastically (in my personal opinion) regarding overall skating with speed and edges, she added new spin positions and she simply looks more grown up

Bravo Elena!:clap:
(Sorry for fan-girling so much but I'm simply amazed right now, I just watched it a few minutes ago) :)
-

Barb

Record Breaker
I love Elena and her performance was great but she needs to work really hard in her posture and her landings, to try to land with more grace, she is only 15yo so she has time to work. And I love her attitude, she looks always to most happy on ice.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
watch Elena is always a joy, I find myself always go back to re-watch her programs:eek:: Posture problems may resolve itself, when she grow a little older. but I think she also need to improve skating skills and footwork. I like how she feels the music and let it go with the music...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She seems to have grown some since last season and I see more of a lady in her facial expression. Of course she is still very much a girl, but I think her transition into ladies works nicely. I secretly wish for her to become Russia Number 1 in a few years. :D

Imagine

Medalist
Yulia is still my favorite, but this year is going to be Elena's year. I can already see her winning everything, probably the World Championship too....she's so confident.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
GODDAMN. Radianova's musical interpretation and expressive abilities are ASTOUNDING. I think she surpasses even Michelle Kwan in those two areas. The girl can skate to anything and still sell it.

A+ for costuming. I thought all hope was lost with the Russian girls (except Yulia) after seeing Pogorilaya's Firebird eyesore.

Meoima

Match Penalty
With the score at Japan Open, she can medal at worlds last year, and without Mao, Caro, I am sure she can even get the gold if Adelina and Yulia had a bad day.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
With the score at Japan Open, she can medal at worlds last year, and without Mao, Caro, I am sure she can even get the gold if Adelina and Yulia had a bad day.

I hope you are a prophet....or you have magic ball :agree: