Predictions for Junior Ladies | Golden Skate

Predictions for Junior Ladies

vera01

Final Flight
Now, Russian Jr.Nationals are over and we've seen how skaters are doing. What is your prediction for 2013 Jr.Worlds(Ladies)?

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Next year, imo, is going to be more competitive with fenomenal american girl, Karen, going there:love: this year is too predictable

vera01

Final Flight
1.Elena Radionova
2.Julia Lipnitskaia
3.Courtney Hicks or Anna Pogorilaya
4.Courtney Hicks or Anna Pogorilaya
5.?

I don't know how Yasmin Siraj or Samantha Cesario would be doing at Jr.Worlds. I never saw their programs from Nationals and I don't know if they would've gotten same scores they received at Nationals at international competition. If US decided to send Hannah Miller and Angela Wang to Jr.Worlds(I think they deserved to go since they're young), it would've been easier to predict but except for top 3, it's very unpredictable.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sending Cesario and Siraj over Hannah and Angela was wrong
Hannah is more than capable of getting high pcs and she has been more stable all season

1 Julia Lipnitskaya - hope that was a fluke performance at junior nationals and was a result of lack of preparation coming off from her injury
2 Elena Radionova
3 Courtney Hicks or Satoko Miyahara

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Radinova should win.
Lipnitskaya should be on the podium so long as she is recovered from her injury.
The final podium spot will likely come down to Pogorilaya, Miyahara, Cesario, and Hicks. If I had to put my money on anyone though, I'd say Cesario or Pogorilaya.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Cesario's SP at US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1fr--86c0
Cesarios's LP at US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoy2XEGtWQ

Siraj SP US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtUYy8gTVa0
Siraj LP US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Rsb6UXIn0

Courtney Hicks SP US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FDeGyV_MM
Courtney Hicks LP US Nats 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7VhedT2zk

I think they will not give the Russian junior ladies any problems to beat

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think Courtney will give the two Russians a lot of problem. She has huge jumps, correct technique. Her presentation isn't bad. She can definitely out TES all Russians at this event. As for PCS, if they judge them correctly, the Russian girls shouldn't get any higher PCS than Courtney. Samantha should smoke them all in PCS.

vera01

Final Flight
If she skates like she did at Jr.Nationals, she's not going to get score over 165+ At Jr.Worlds. She got a +GOE for her 2A from SP, while Elena got a -GOE for her 3F. I think Julia's PCS was overscored, too.

Meanwhile, I still think that Elena is capable of getting a score around 190. Julia never scored more than 180 this season(except for Finlandia Trophy) even with ChSq which Elena did not have in her program because she's a junior. I don't think Julia would skate better than her CoC or TEB performances at Jr.Worlds.

I think Courtney has nice jumps and she should earn more GOEs for her jumps than Elena or Julia. She can go for the bronze. Satoko Miyahara never got a score more than 170, not including her recent performance at Japanese Nationals. I think she might place Top.5, but she is not going to be in the podium unless Russian girls makes few mistakes.

oleada

Record Breaker
Courtney has great jumps, but her presentation is pretty awful. She has terrible lines and really clunky overall skating.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wang might have had a chance if they had given her a spot on the team. Siraj has no chance to medal.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Meanwhile, I still think that Elena is capable of getting a score around 190. Julia never scored more than 180 this season(except for Finlandia Trophy) even with ChSq which Elena did not have in her program because she's a junior. I don't think Julia would skate better than her CoC or TEB performances at Jr.Worlds.

Really? Why not? After her mistakes at CoC and TEB, followed by an injury that forced her to withdraw from the GPF, and then a poor showing at Russian Junior Nationals, I think she'll be more driven than ever.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think Pogorilaya could surprise some people and come away with the bronze. She's been skating very well this season and is quite the little fierce competitor. She's usually pretty consistent with her jumps too, and her PCS are not bad at all, she was 3rd at JGPF where 5 of the 6 ladies all skated lights out in the FS, and she was only a point or two behind Hannah Miller in the total scores. She's my darkhorse for this event. I mean, with a few mistakes she beat Julia in the FS at Russian Junior Nats, so who knows, perhaps silver is not entirely out of the question either.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I think Courtney will give the two Russians a lot of problem. She has huge jumps, correct technique. Her presentation isn't bad. She can definitely out TES all Russians at this event. As for PCS, if they judge them correctly, the Russian girls shouldn't get any higher PCS than Courtney. Samantha should smoke them all in PCS.

I'm not sure how Hicks could get higher TES than Lipnitskaya and especially Radionova. Did she ever get full credit for her triple-triple internationally? As for PCS, I think she should be behind not only Julia and Elena, but also Pogorilaya, other Americans, Miyahara and a Korean girl too, her lines and posture are terrible, IMO. The one who deserves high PCS is Siraj. As for Cesario, her only advantage is more mature skating, but it's Junior competition after all and I don't think she will be close to the leaders. And these girls never got even 110 for a clean LP while Julia got 117 for LP with mistakes

I think Pogorilaya could surprise some people and come away with the bronze. She's been skating very well this season and is quite the little fierce competitor. She's usually pretty consistent with her jumps too, and her PCS are not bad at all, she was 3rd at JGPF where 5 of the 6 ladies all skated lights out in the FS, and she was only a point or two behind Hannah Miller in the total scores. She's my darkhorse for this event. I mean, with a few mistakes she beat Julia in the FS at Russian Junior Nats, so who knows, perhaps silver is not entirely out of the question either.

My guess is Julia and Elena for gold/silver and Miyahara for bronze if she gets her jumps ratified, if not - then Hicks. I think Anna has a good shot for bronze too, but she has to be perfectly clean, being Russian #3 isn't going to help her. But she is a good competitor, she really impressed me at the JGPF when she did unplanned 3Lz-3T after mistake on the 2A and at Junior Nationals when she did 3Lz-3T with the second lutz and didn't give a point away

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Are you serious? Or just trolling?:laugh:
There are 2 obvious contenders for silver and gold)) Samantha is not even close. I didn't want to write such harsh things but your "she'll smoke them" is just too//:unsure::bang::disapp::slink:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Consistency should be considered while choosing a team. And I think the most consistent choice would be Miller for Junior Worlds. She was second at JGP final recieving very well PCS and USFS should send her to Junior Worlds directly in my opinion. Cesario is 19 years old. I don't understand what this competition will do for her. Is it too cruel to think that, if she would be a star, she would already show herself at juniors and be a senior already? Also, Courtney's jumps are really good but I really can't find any other thing in her skating.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
yes mistake it was a mistake sending Cesario ( 19 years old already :disapp:) and Siraj ? like whay are they being sent , lol
only Hicks has a shot to podium, Hannah would have a better chance than all these 3 girls mentioned

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The reason Siraj & Cesario have not had much (Siraj) or good (Cesario) international experience is that both have had a lot of injuries. USFSA is using the fact that Miller & Wang finished well behind Hicks, Cesario, and Siraj at US Senior Ladies' Nationals. Hicks nearly made the Senior team for 4CC's, and was active on the JGP this year, so I would send her, definitely.

Hicks 4th overall, 5th in the SP (59.72), 3rd in the LP (118.20), 177.92 overall.
Siraj 6th overall, 6th in the SP(57.88), 5th in the LP (117.09), 175.07 overall.
Cesario 8th overall, 7th in the SP(55.74), 6th in the LP (114.41), 170.15 overall
Wang 9th overall, 9th in the SP(52.06) , 8th in the LP (112.70), 164.76 overall
Miller 10th overall, 8th in the SP(54.47), 10th in the LP (110.21), 164.68 overall

However, if you're going to give Cesario a pass for a not great JGP season, and to give Hicks a pass for one bad event on the JGP, so that she did not make the JGPF, I think they should give Miller the third slot, because this is her first not so great competition of the year.

BTW, I find I dislike Siraj's style quite a bit. Her high scores leave me a bit :confused:

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
odd though they are sending results from the seniors ?
and Polina E. is not being sent probably because she has no interntaional experience of gotten any TES minimum

I know they are extracting the last given opportunity for Cesario ?
but Hicks, Miller and Wang would have been a better choice imo