Predictions for Junior Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Junior Ladies

Cesario definitely has better, more mature presentation than any of the younger skaters. Not sure about her programs though.

I think Radionova will destroy the competition and win easily with a big gap between her and the second placed skater.

I predict Hicks, Miyahara and Pogorilaya to battle it out for the remaining two podium spots.

Given the shape Lipintskaya is in at the moment, I expect her to finish 4th.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cesario definitely has better, more mature presentation than any of the younger skaters. Not sure about her programs though.

I think Radionova will destroy the competition and win easily with a big gap between her and the second placed skater.

I predict Hicks, Miyahara and Pogorilaya to battle it out for the remaining two podium spots.

Given the shape Lipintskaya is in at the moment, I expect her to finish 4th.

What's wrong with Lipintskaya? Is she still injured?

fairly4

Medalist
mine is
1) julia lipintskaia
2) elena radianova
3) satoko

4 -6 will between, korea, china and u.sa. canada, depending on who germany sends, & anna

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
What's wrong with Lipintskaya? Is she still injured?

She is just out of the concussion state..so you can say she is still not 100% ready for competitions. She looks not like herself. Not her top form right now

She is just out of the concussion state..so you can say she is still not 100% ready for competitions. She looks not like herself. Not her top form right now

Also, she mentioned in an interview that she's already started to struggle a little because of the onset of puberty.

shine

Record Breaker
BTW, I find I dislike Siraj's style quite a bit. Her high scores leave me a bit :confused:
I'm interested in hearing why you dislike Siraj's style so much :) She's a very lovely and musical skater, minus the questionable jump technique, IMO.

OTOH, I am not diggin' Cesario's seemingly "mature" skating so much. She has nice leg lines, but her presentation comes across rather pretentious to me, and doesn't feel like her own (which is actually a sign of an immature performer).

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Siraj-

I hope to heck that her routines at US Nationals were her having problems skating, and were not an example of her skating as well as she could.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2013 Nationals was the best I've ever seen Siraj skate. In the past, she's usually had a decent SP but tended to bomb her FS. She was 2nd as Junior at 2010 Nationals and as a Senior, she was 8th in 2011, 15th in 2012 and 6th in 2013. Her jumps are very tiny, that's true, but then so is Yasmin.

Dots

Final Flight
Cesario is my pick to win JR. worlds.

Her PCS should put her in a comfortable lead.

Oddly enough I don't see Radianova on the podium with her tiny jumps... especially when you have other skaters who are going to jump higher and skate faster.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Oddly enough I don't see Radianova on the podium with her tiny jumps... especially when you have other skaters who are going to jump higher and skate faster.
You're just joking, right? Radionova WILL win Junior Worlds, unless she bombs one of the programs (and she's been skating almost clean all season long)... I love Cesario's style and her programs this year but without a 3-3 there's no way for her to reach the top3 in the SP and with 6 triples in the FS her TES will be considerably lower than radionova's or Lipnitskaya's (they both plan 7 triples+two 2As), and especially considering that the judges usually don't give her really high PCS (even if she deserves it), she would be lucky if she came close to the top5...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
^^I tend to agree. The other ladies plan more content, you mentioned Radinova and Lipnitskaya, but there's also Pogorilaya (3lz-3t in SP and FS, 7 triples and two 2a total in FS) and Miyahara (same deal with jumps) to throw in the mix. Cesario could maybe medal but most likely it would be bronze and to do that it would probably take some mistakes from some of the favorites.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Where is my post about Siraj:confused:
I made some comments about Siraj's US national skating (something like she improved a lot) two days ago, and the post was there right after. However, I don't see my post in this thread anymore.

No matter how insignificant my comments are, I certainly do not want it just mysteriously disappear. Anyone knows why?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
dorispulaski's post and my post, both about Siraj, disappeared too.

I think a lot of posts disappeared in the last two days because the board was undergoing an update during that time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Where is my post about Siraj:confused:
I made some comments about Siraj's US national skating (something like she improved a lot) two days ago, and the post was there right after. However, I don't see my post in this thread anymore.

No matter how insignificant my comments are, I certainly do not want it just mysteriously disappear. Anyone knows why?

Yes, that's correct. We did a server migration/upgrade, and the IT people doing it did not tell us when the actual migration was going on. The plan was to shut down the board during that time. They didn't, and about 12 hours of posts on Feb. 18th are lost.

I lost a whole thread that I had posted, as well as posts about Siraj, and in some dance threads (no surprise there. I talk too much about dance). Also, all of AlexRus's live commentary on the Men's LP at the final Russian Cup event was lost.

hippomoomin, I'm sorry your posts were lost too.

Fortunately, this is something that has happened once in 13 years.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yasmin should do well if she lands her jumps. She only finished a few points behind Adelina a couple years ago at the JGP in Sheffield, and that was back when Adelina was very consistent and landing most everything. Even medaling isn't outside the realms of possibility for Yasmin honestly, she has great programs this season and she gets rewarded with good PCS when she hits the jumps.

That's not how the judges will see that though. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I did notice Radionova's 3lz-3t has gotten smaller and her jumps are still wobbly
but wont stop the judges giving her higher PCS than Julia which is completely wrong

vera01

Final Flight
I did notice Radionova's 3lz-3t has gotten smaller and her jumps are still wobbly
but wont stop the judges giving her higher PCS than Julia which is completely wrong

Really? Elena deserves higher PCS than Julia. Julia received 57 for her TEB FS, which isn't really a high PCS score. However, she is overscored considering she made mistakes at TEB. Elena, compared to Julia, is underscored. Julia kept receiving higher IN score than what Elena has been receiving at international competitions, which is really unfair to Elena, even if it's her first season as a junior skater.

Julia is fast for a junior, and might earn high SS score but unfortunately, SS is not all about being fast.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
vera01 said:
Really? Elena deserves higher PCS than Julia. Julia received 57 for her TEB FS, which isn't really a high PCS score. However, she is overscored considering she made mistakes at TEB. Elena, compared to Julia, is underscored. Julia kept receiving higher IN score than what Elena has been receiving at international competitions, which is really unfair to Elena, even if it's her first season as a junior skater.

Julia is fast for a junior, and might earn high SS score but unfortunately, SS is not all about being fast.

:thumbsup:
Elena is far from perfect, as any other skater is too, but she has a very strong overall look that makes her special too me. She might be second to other ladies here in some categories, but none of these girls can beat her everything combined if Elena delivers.