Bavarian Open 2013 - Obertsdorf, 6-11.02 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2013 - Obertsdorf, 6-11.02

Nope, I'm afraid that Lech/Tyc didn't come anywhere near 24 points in the SP so far.

They are doing Challenge Cup and Junior Worlds though so maybe they'll manage it. :)

And 4th place here means ranking points, yay.

Great skate for Stolbova/Klimov in the FS. :)

Oda had an incredible performance in the FS! Doubled the loop but other than that a clean program with two 4toes and a 3axel. Well done!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oda had an incredible performance in the FS! Doubled the loop but other than that a clean program with two 4toes and a 3axel. Well done!

Poor Oda! I love his skating, and wish he was from a country that didn't have so many excellent men who could beat him on any given day.

Looking at which skaters still need the minimum TES for Junior Worlds.

Melanie Yuung-Hui CHANG from Taiwan failed to make either score here. :(

Kim Bell from Netherlands made the FS score but came just over a point short on the SP score. :(

Szilvia MAGYAR / Daniel ILLES from Hungary were 3 points short of reaching the SD score.

Nicole KUZMICH / Jordan HOCKLEY from Slovenia (her previously skated for Canada, IIRC) have made it. :)

Good score for Kim/Minov representing South Korea.

Yesss!!! Agafonova and Ucar made the SD TES minimum for Worlds!

YES! Exactly the news I wanted to see. :)

Tobias/Stagniunas did as well. And it couldn't have been any closer, they got exactly 29 points!

Poor Oda! I love his skating, and wish he was from a country that didn't have so many excellent men who could beat him on any given day.

Oda did not do himself any favours repeatedly failing to be able to count ;P and not being very consistent when it matters but yes. He would have easily make the Worlds team each year in every other country on earth, I think.

Kuzmich/Hockley have managed to make the FD score quite comfortably but Magyar/Illes were short again. K/H can go to Junior Worlds now. :)

Tobias/Stagniunas have comfortably made the FD score as well (but I think they already have it) so they will be going to Worlds.

queen

Rinkside
Yes, they should, indeed.

Turkey has a good junior dance team as well, Cagla Demirsal & Berk Akalin; Turkey is putting together quite a program. I love to see one of the younger federations really grow.

their Junior dance team is good but can not be comparabile with Agafonova & Ucar .Polka is more difficult dance than hip hop of Juniors.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
From looking at the protocols that looks like a very good skate by S/K, it's a pity they didn't show that level at Euros. The levels could be improved one lift was level 2 and another a level 3. Impressvie by A/M, only together a short time and they are competing very well. I wonder is there any videos available on youtube

jolen

Rinkside
Out of curiosity, how did Kuzmich/Hockley get sent to this event when they finished 14th out of 15 teams at Canadian nationals in January?

Last edited:

jolen

Rinkside
Nm. I just found the answer. I will rephrase the question. How can a team skate at nationals and less than a month later be skating internationally for another country (and going to worlds)?

I guess Carol Lane and Scarborough are developing a history: Greece, US coming to canada to go to olympics, now two for Slovenia.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, you wouldn't expect the US or Canada to hold on to the 14th place couple ;)

So if someother country will take them, and they have the minimum TES for whatever event (Worlds), off they go to skate for some other country.

Nm. I just found the answer. I will rephrase the question. How can a team skate at nationals and less than a month later be skating internationally for another country (and going to worlds)?

Why not? Nationals aren't sanctioned by the ISU and competing there has no effect on your eligibility.

jolen

Rinkside
Why not? Nationals aren't sanctioned by the ISU and competing there has no effect on your eligibility.

Oh, okay, thx. Is a federation release still required? I guess I am also surprised at how quickly that all happened. Nationals, release, competition application, competition.

Isn't it ironic that poor skaters have the opportunity to switch to other countries and yet skaters with accomplishments ( Khoklova, Samuelson, Crone) have to jump through hoops to try and continue skating.

A release is only required if you represented one country at ISU-sanctioned international events and then want to represent another.