USA Today Celebrates With the Shibsibs | Golden Skate

USA Today Celebrates With the Shibsibs

ice coverage

Record Breaker
On a day to celebrate siblings, skaters work together
Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY Sports
1:05p.m. EST February 3, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...i-maia-alex-sibling-skaters-shibsibs/1887637/

Excerpt:

In figure skating, the sister-and-brother team of Maia and Alex Shibutani are simply known as the "ShibSibs." For the United States' most promising young dance team, there is no such thing as a sibling rivalry.

"The big buzz in sports is the Har-Bowl, the two brothers going at it in the Super Bowl," Alex, 21, said. "We're lucky that we can work together on something as a family. That isn't to say we don't have difficulties at times when we're working so closely together. We're both strong personalities and different people so that's bound to happen, but I think our connection as a family really keeps us going in the right direction."

After winning the bronze at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships last weekend, the ShibSibs are headed to the Four Continents Championships, which begin Feb. 6 in Osaka, Japan. In March, they will compete in their third world championships.​

It's just a short, fluffy article, but some nice quotes from Charlie White about his friends/teammates made me smile.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm always happy when a mainstream newspaper has anything to say about skating

Thanks for the link!

CassAgain

On the Ice
"We're really excited to be in Omaha next week," said Maia, 18. "Alex has been having some trouble with his landings, but I think if I throw him high enough, we should be able to do it."

"We've been talking with Marina (Zoueva) and we think we're going to go with the quadruples in the short and the long," Alex added.

Those zany kids.

noskates

Record Breaker
You know, these two always seems to be happy and upbeat. They really look like they enjoy doing what they do! I hope they don't become jaded! Cute article and nice of Charlie to comment so positively.