2013 4CC Men-Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Men-Short Program

Country
Russia
but Martinez is only 16, Is 16 the cut off age for men at Worlds too ?
He is 1996, after 01 Jul. So same "ISU age" as Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva.
First Senior season.

Age limitations for Euro, 4CC, Worlds are the same. If eligible for 4CC - eligible for Worlds.

Caluza was really undermarked on the PCS. Best program and overall presentation so far.

But he didn't have a 3axel and had a mistake on the solo jump so...

Sorry for Balde. He just managed to qualify for the free skate, though. (if they are 20?)

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Such a shame Ross popped his quad... He's really growing on me as a skater!

(Also, that Chinese guy who landed the quad? He has talent, even if he's a bit rough. But whoever massacred Peer Gynt by synthesising it to that rock beat should really be fined; my ears hurt while he was skating!)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ross did a good job outside of the pop on the quad sal. He may have lost about 6 points tho' for missing it, do you guys think?

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Well, Ricky made his quad toe, even if he had a hand-down on the 3a. Nice 3z-3t, but my feed has frozen and I'm missing his step sequence.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oh, great skate for Richard (except for hand down on the 3-axel); really lovely quad and 3/3 combo. He does need to work on not hunching his shoulders. Will be interesting to see his score. I love Ross and Richard -- both have loads of talent! :)

Oh wow the score for Richard (that means Ross really lost a lot of points, and I wonder if they think of Richard more highly on PCS? -- I think Ross and Richard are comparable there truthfully, with maybe Richard a little edge when he's on).

Orange Cat

On the Ice
83.71!

(Man, now I'm really sad that Ross popped his quad!)

Well, Max is up now. We are safely in quad territory, I think. To use an irritating phrase that my high school history teacher loved- the competition is hotting up :popcorn:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Back from school!

Max AARON (USA)

4S+2T - wild and tilted on 2T, planned 3T
3Lz
FCSp
3A - slips off his edge, falls
CSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Came a bit close to the boards at times...

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Max falls on his 3A. And I believe Richard is not going to worlds, is he? Imagine the frustration if he ends the competition in front of Ross and Max

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oh no, Max slightly touched the boards and then when he went around into his next jump, he had a fall. Too bad. Don't tell me Richard (who's only the U.S. alternate here will be higher than the two who are going to Worlds for the U.S.). :disapp:

It had to be nerves for Max (and Ross for that matter).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
shows when Dornbush is on, he scores the highest American other than named Abbott
If he can hold it together bronze is not out of reach

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nan SONG (CHN)

Music: The Middle East Side from 46 Nihavent Longa Album
The Middle East Side from 47 Double Doom Drum Solo Album

4T+3T - ok, bit round on landing
3A
CSSp
FCSp
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp

He looks very happy, fist pumps!

Strong skate, quite improved on presentation...