2013 4CC Men-Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Men-Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well tell me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will! LOL!), but hasn't Ricky tended to get the highest scores out of all the current Americans not named Abbott when he skates (relatively) cleanly?

And what may be holding the American men back is that no one American has a complete package--and by the I don't just mean athletics and artistry, but also consistency and the ability to control their nerves in pressure cooker situations.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Han YAN (CHN)

Music: Tango medley

3A - good speed and distance
4T
CCoSp
FCSp
3Lz+3T
StSq
CCoSp

Great senior debut! Just a small fist pump from him

Orange Cat

On the Ice
WOW, Han Yan was fabulous! Not the best spinner, but oh, he was on fire tonight! :clap:

ETA: 85.08!! Han Yan is in 1st!! He'll make the last warm up group, right?! :yay:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Way high on component score for Yan. He's a great jumper but he doesn't have everything yet. Judges are blinded by the jumps, apparently.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes its' true if you have big jumps and speed your PCS scores will go up. Just a fact of skating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mishe GE (UZB)

Music: Farrucas

3A - twofoot, looked UR
3F+3T - tight landing, perhaps UR on 3T
3Lz
CCSp
FSSp
CCoSp
StSq - good energy

hybfc

Rinkside
kozuka, oda, maybe machida, who can easily over take american champion, are all not qualified for the competition. That is called freaking depth.
I agree that lots of countries would be happy having your skaters, maybe more than 95% of the countries in the world. Unfornately that does not include japan, canada, russia, france, china...

Go ahead and laugh. There is depth in the U.S. -- crazy depth, even if you don't think so. Lots of countries would be happy having any of our 1 - 10. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :biggrin:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well tell me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will! LOL!), but hasn't Ricky tended to get the highest scores out of all the current Americans not named Abbott when he skates (relatively) cleanly?

And what may be holding the American men back is that no one American has a complete package--and by the I don't just mean athletics and artistry, but also consistency and the ability to control their nerves in pressure cooker situations.

You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said. What you seem to be missing is the fact that guys from countries who can go to Worlds year after year, are able to establish themselves internationally without having to battle so hard to get there year after year, which in fact allows them to develop consistency and "control their nerves in pressure cooker situations."

Who you think lacks complete package is your opinion. U.S. skaters (a few Canadian men and a couple of Britishers) invented "the complete package." And that's a fact.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Kevin lands 2 quads but I am not sure his 4T was rotated and the 3A was a bit iffy. Still, very ambitious program

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
kozuka, oda, maybe machida, who can easily over take american champion, are all not qualified for the competition. That is called freaking depth.
I agree that lots of countries would be happy having your skaters, maybe more than 95% of the countries in the world. Unfornately that does not include japan, canada, russia, france, china...

Your kidding right? Russia won't let Plushenko retire because they don't have anyone else Canada has Chan and virtually no one else and France has nobody after Amodio and Joubert. That's called depth?