2013 4CC's Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Pairs SP

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Thanks so much to Mao88 and Kutien for videos! It really means a lot when I am snowed in today!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Thanks a lot for the videos. But to be honest, watching the third place team made me having no motivation to watch other teams placed lower than them:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I hope MT/M stick it out for 4 more years after Sochi. I think that barring injury they have the potential to be truly great in a way we rarely see from pairs teams, but they are definitely not there yet.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope MT/M stick it out for 4 more years after Sochi. I think that barring injury they have the potential to be truly great in a way we rarely see from pairs teams, but they are definitely not there yet.

Hmmm. Dylan is 28 now and will be 33 in 2018. I have my doubts that he'll still be in the game then.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 70.44 Short Program
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 66.33 Short Program
3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 53.06 Short Program
4. Felicia ZHANG & Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 52.98 Short Program
5. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 52.46 Short Program
6. Wenting WANG & Yan ZHANG (CHN) - 51.26 Short Program
7. Paige LAWRENCE & Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 48.76 Short Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford are good skaters and nice to watch because they have terrific attack and strong programs, but they make the difficult look difficult. If they managed to look efortless with the same technical content, we'd be talking about all time list skaters. Obviously the class of the field here.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Zhang and Bartholomay achieve the Minimum Technical Score they were hoping for?

I should say, "That I was hoping for..." LOL

They have become my favorite young pair. I really, really like this couple, and hope the stars align so they can stick it out for the next five years. Achieving the Minimum TES would be a nice benchmark for them to achieve. Heck, they're only .08 out of spot on the podium at this point.

catija

Rinkside
Duhamel & Radford are good skaters but I find them so laboured though. I also do not like seeing them in the K&C after certain performances cuz they (or she) seems a bit too cocky. Great looking pair though

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Did Zhang and Bartholomay achieve the Minimum Technical Score they were hoping for?

I should say, "That I was hoping for..." LOL

They have become my favorite young pair. I really, really like this couple, and hope the stars align so they can stick it out for the next five years. Achieving the Minimum TES would be a nice benchmark for them to achieve. Heck, they're only .08 out of spot on the podium at this point.

Yes, they did.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hurray! Doris, didn't you think their SBS spins were much improved?

Synch on the 3T's was obviously off, but they landed them. Too bad about the throw. Loved the little fist-bump just before the program.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Z&B had pretty good spins in the SP at US Nats (+0.17) GOE. These were better, but not hugely. It's C&S who had real spin trouble in both sections of US Nats.

herios

Medalist
Duhamel & Radford are good skaters but I find them so laboured though. I also do not like seeing them in the K&C after certain performances cuz they (or she) seems a bit too cocky. Great looking pair though

She is not cocky, just very enthusiastic, like a child.