2013 4CC Ladies Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond kicked the sh*t out of her CH and had about a trillion more nuances than Gold. I was VERY impressed with Osmond's musicality and attack, her program is so much more detailed than that of Gold, Gao and Murakami even.

Overall, however, I am so impressed with the programs of these top tier ladies. Energetic, musical, well performed, some clever details in all the programs. Gold's did feel the most junior/dated whilst Gao's was probably too 'quiet', her elements were exceptional and I happened to like the quiet detail.

Like I said, mucho impressed with the quality, the Euro ladies have their work cut out for them at worlds.

arm movements gets high pcs ? Gracie has everything if Osmond can get 8 then Gracie gets 29 !
Gracie is a good freeskater, while Osmond ha never done a clean FS, so lets see how they will score her there if she will still outscore Gracie in pcs

btw good for Kanako and especially Akiko for coming back after 2 dismal competitions
hope Kanako wont get her typical UR calls in the FS

Cherryy

On the Ice
Agnes needs to skate for Poland.....

Ahhhh, we'd love to have such a skater! Though she probably woudn't be willing to represent our country. Plus there's not too much time left before 2014 Olympics so if she had changed her nationality she wouldn't be allowed to skate there. On the other hand, if Agnes wants to skate till 2018 and I assume she does, it's not a bad idea. There would be no problem on the Poland's side. ;)

jamie

On the Ice
From what my eyes saw, I'd have Mao in first, Christina Gao in second, Suzuki in third, Kanako in fourth. .
Gao was excellent, particularly for a relatively inexperienced skater. Incredible technical content and some quiet qualities that I really appreciate, but to see that performance as better than Suzuki ( 10 times faster, deeper edges, original CH and incomparable connections and transitions) and Murakami ( faster, more emotive, all big jumps in the second half) is either biased or oblivious.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well, you gushing fans sound like you're from the CoP/ IJS generation. All about the jumps and the numbers and the superficial artistic immaturity of fresh new faces, or gutsy veteran ones.

Hey, but not a bad suggestion for Agnes. She sure can jump at least, when she's not cleaning the ice with the back-end of her costume. Anyways, USFS seems for the moment at least, to prefer Agnes over subtle but gorgeously gifted Gao.

Last edited:

jamie

On the Ice
Oblivious it is, then. ;)
Well, you gushing fans sound like you're from the CoP/ IJS generation.

NEWS FLASH> that is the sport now??? :mad:

If you want 1996 Kwan, go watch Art on Ice and save yourself the heartache of ISU competitions.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oblivious it is, then. ;)

NEWS FLASH> that is the sport now??? :mad:

If you want 1996 Kwan, go watch Art on Ice and save yourself the heartache of ISU competitions.

Gao was excellent, particularly for a relatively inexperienced skater. Incredible technical content and some quiet qualities that I really appreciate, but to see that performance as better than Suzuki ( 10 times faster, deeper edges, original CH and incomparable connections and transitions) and Murakami ( faster, more emotive, all big jumps in the second half) is either biased or oblivious.

Eh, I see your last couple of posts jamie. It's all subjective when it comes down to comparing apples and oranges when competitors skate clean. Suzuki was beautiful and powerful with her edgy program, but she's not a better skater than Christina (just more experienced). Kanako was very pleasing to watch and she's a good skater, but again to me not as aesthetically pleasing to watch as Gao. I'm not sure whether Kanako was all the way around either on her triple jump combo -- but who can be bothered to nitpick re quarters of an inch, unless of course it's Mirai Nagasu skating with the flu under the microscopic eyes of U.S. Nationals judges. :laugh:

I'd say, obvious it is, that this sport is heading in all kinds of w*t*f directions. The ladies do seem to be keeping things on track here for a more predictable result, however. ;)

Yeah, that's the stuff, jamie, you ISU-enabler you. :p And btw, it's a bit more like heartburn and eye-bleed watching some of these programs (not so much the top ladies at this event, although I'll be somewhat interested to see how they're all gonna stack up against Yu Na and Carolina at Worlds). The heartburn and eye-bleed occurs even moreso re most of the scoring and protocols.

Well, but continue having a blast all youse who are enjoying the ISU ride these days.

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 74.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 65.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.04 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Christina GAO (USA) - 62.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
6. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 57.56 Short Program
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 57.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 56.22 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 54.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 54.51 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.54 Short Program
12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 46.82
13. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 43.93
14. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 43.72
15. Yeon Jun PARK (KOR) - 39.78
16. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 39.75
17. Melissa BULANHAGUI (PHI) - 38.58
18. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 37.99
19. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 34.28
20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 30.07

Last edited:

mateusp1

On the Ice
All this hate about Agnes is just annoying.

I love Zawadzki's skating. And, I AM NOT AMERICAN. I am from Brazil. She reminds me a lot of Caro(my favorite skater).

Please, stop being so rude and tough with Agnes.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Agnes is like Carolina ? , you have to be joking

In my opinion, I find them kinda similar. But, IT IS JUST MY OPINION.

For me, the similarities:

-Both are tall;
-Skate fast, great speed;
-Nice edges(of course, Carolina has better edges and speed);
-Massive, high, long jumps;
-Flawless jumping technique(no pre rotation, tight air position);
-Interesting and unique music choices.

Agnes is still very young and is not mature as Carolina(of course). But, I find some similiraties.

Don't know if someone else agree.

tulosai

Record Breaker
All this hate about Agnes is just annoying.

I love Zawadzki's skating. And, I AM NOT AMERICAN. I am from Brazil. She reminds me a lot of Caro(my favorite skater).

Please, stop being so rude and tough with Agnes.

I don't think anyone has been hating on Agnes. I actually probably have come the closest, several pages back in this thread, and I don't think I was spitting vitriol by any strech of the imagination.

I think for the most part all anyone is saying is they do not like her and they wish USFSA would stop placing her ahead (PCS wise especially) of Gao, especially when her programs are always marred with falls. I also said I don't think she has may fans on the board, which I maintain, but I am actually glad you have spoken out as a fan, because I personally always like when people present different sides of things.

However, at the end of the day, as you say below, it is all only my (and whoever else posts about her skating) opinion. Neither I nor anyone else has made a personal attack against her (at least in this thread... there was a crazy comment in the edge earlier today about Agnes's mom or something... but leaving that aside...) and it is our right to say we don't enjoy her skating.

That all said, I disagree with the (admittedly interesting) comparison to Carolina. Her posture and edging are far worse than Carolinas and in my opinion she totally lacks the grace/elegance/presence on the ice. However, I totally respect your opinion and find it interesting. I do agree they both have great speed.

emdee

Final Flight
Osmond kicked the sh*t out of her CH and had about a trillion more nuances than Gold. I was VERY impressed with Osmond's musicality and attack, her program is so much more detailed than that of Gold, Gao and Murakami even.

Overall, however, I am so impressed with the programs of these top tier ladies. Energetic, musical, well performed, some clever details in all the programs. Gold's did feel the most junior/dated whilst Gao's was probably too 'quiet', her elements were exceptional and I happened to like the quiet detail.

Like I said, mucho impressed with the quality, the Euro ladies have their work cut out for them at worlds.

Osmond is only a little off her personal Best ( not counting National) given she flubbed a jump.
I agree with eurosport that her personality shoots across the ice. If she gets consistency and more international experience she definitely has potential.
Go Kaetlyn!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Gracie would knock it out of the park with her LP but i can't see her technically matching what she did a couple weeks ago at Nationals. If she does skate clean i see her jumping one maybe two skaters. Kanako for instance is not know for skating clean in her LP's.

mateusp1

On the Ice
I don't think anyone has been hating on Agnes. I actually probably have come the closest, several pages back in this thread, and I don't think I was spitting vitriol by any strech of the imagination.

I think for the most part all anyone is saying is they do not like her and they wish USFSA would stop placing her ahead (PCS wise especially) of Gao, especially when her programs are always marred with falls. I also said I don't think she has may fans on the board, which I maintain, but I am actually glad you have spoken out as a fan, because I personally always like when people present different sides of things.

However, at the end of the day, as you say below, it is all only my (and whoever else posts about her skating) opinion. Neither I nor anyone else has made a personal attack against her (at least in this thread... there was a crazy comment in the edge earlier today about Agnes's mom or something... but leaving that aside...) and it is our right to say we don't enjoy her skating.

That all said, I disagree with the (admittedly interesting) comparison to Carolina. Her posture and edging are far worse than Carolinas and in my opinion she totally lacks the grace/elegance/presence on the ice. However, I totally respect your opinion and find it interesting. I do agree they both have great speed.

Yes, I agree with you that Agnes still lacks the edging and grace/elegance that Carolina has. It is true. But, Agnes is still 18. Carolina is 26. I think that she will improve some aspects when she become older. Also, I have to say that Zawadzki is a bit awkward for me. Sometimes, I find her a little "boyish", but I kinda like this on her.

Thank you so much for your comment.

Hugs.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I wish Gracie would knock it out of the park with her LP but i can't see her technically matching what she did a couple weeks ago at Nationals. If she does skate clean i see her jumping one maybe two skaters. Kanako for instance is not know for skating clean in her LP's.

and s does Akiko who is having trouble this season
Gracie is still up for a podium, I think she will get silver overall

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Kanako was magical. Delicate, emotional, gorgeous body movements. For me, she had the best artistry of all the ladies today.

I think Akiko was slightly better in terms of that, but Kanako's low PCS continue to annoy me. Two excellent performances. I would have put Kanako slightly ahead of Akiko because of the tech mark, though.

Mao deserved 1st because of the tech mark, but her actual performance was the least impressive of the Japanese ladies, IMO.

Christina was very nice, happy to see her put in that solid of a performance. The 2Axel was probably the best I've ever seen her do, good improvement there on a jump that has been a weak spot for her.