2013 4CC Ladies Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Definitely some inflation that worked in the favour of the Japanese girls, I think. But no issues with the placings.

Interesting to see that Gracie lipped her 3F. Is this a persistent problem?

Leonardo

Final Flight
Yuna got a 72.27 with 34.85 pcs at NRW Trophy(too much pcs for one of her most boring short programs, imho). At worlds, she should get some lower pcs, closer to Mao's here in 4cc (33.86), so that would give Mao a 74.50 (with a clean triple axel) and Yuna a 71.50 or 72.50 (better levels on spins). Anyway, Yuna's 3-3 is a milion times more consistent than Mao's 3A, but now Mao has a chance. I'm so happy for her, what a brave skater!

Selene

On the Ice
Looking at the protocols, the technical caller isn't calling underrotated jumps. I thought several jumps that received full credit were underrotated - Asada's 3A, Murakami's 3F, etc.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Definitely some inflation that worked in the favour of the Japanese girls, I think. But no issues with the placings.

Gracie's been called on that all season long. But I do think it's improving. Some judges opted to -2 for it, but most gave her only -1, which means it's on the (!) side rather than the severe wrong edge side.

vera01

Final Flight

Yes, Gracie is usually has a problem with her flip.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Xtina didn't get a single level 4? I suppose she could really crack 65 if she really work at it.
Poor Xtina, the US judges hate her guts. They like girls who skate to classy thing like sex and the city 2.

Selene

On the Ice
Gracie's been called on that all season long. But I do think it's improving. Some judges opted to -2 for it, but most gave her only -1, which means it's on the (!) side rather than the severe wrong edge side.

I think the negative GOEs were mostly for the turn out after the jump.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Mao has an interesting pattern of landing her 3Axels most consitently at 4CC. Is this her peak time of the season?

It just happened that the last 2 world championships were hard for her. The first one didn't take place when it was supposed to and that probably messed up her condition and the second one, well...maybe the tragedy that happened to her was too much to handle at that point. I think it got to her by March, even though she held it sort of together at Nationals and 4 Continents last season(still, last season she didn't get credit on any of her 3A)

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna got a 72.27 with 34.85 pcs at NRW Trophy(too much pcs for one of her most boring short programs, imho). At worlds, she should get some lower pcs, closer to Mao's here in 4cc (33.86), so that would give Mao a 74.50 (with a clean triple axel) and Yuna a 71.50 or 72.50 (better levels on spins). Anyway, Yuna's 3-3 is a milion times more consistent than Mao's 3A, but now Mao has a chance. I'm so happy for her, what a brave skater!

I think there's a little bit of PCS inflation for the Japanese girls here. Mao's PCS will likely be somewhat lower at Worlds, too, since it's in Canada not Japan.

vera01

Final Flight
I thought Mao's 3A was slightly UR. It would be interesting to see if Mao can succeed with her 3A at Worlds-after all, Worlds is not going to be held in Japan.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Of course they can bomb like Alissa Czisny, but I'm hoping for the best here. This would be a one in a life time where the top skaters are best of the best in the history of the sport and compete in the same world. If all three skate light out, I honestly don't know who I would go with. But I know I'm very lucky. Actually, miss Mao will walk away the winner after blowing the field away. Her contents are insane.

Even if Mao has harder content it doesn't mean she'll win. Carolina and Yu-Na (and especially the latter) have caught Mao with their GOEs in the past. Mao has always had the hardest theoretical content but also the riskier - not only because her jumps are in themselves harder but also because she skates much, much slower than the other two. This isn't to say that the other two won't face plant and not get in their jumps; it just means that you're getting a little ahead of yourself if you think all three are going to skate lights-out. Don't get me wrong - I'd love for that to happen but it has historically never - ever - ever - happened, so let's settle back onto our feet now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You know I think it's OK that Gracie isn't right up top....no need to go all out at 4CC. As I said, I'm glad she held it together and I think this bodes well for her....

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Spectacular competition, probably the best I've seen for the ladies all season. Between Mao's 3 Axel come-back, Akiko's epic short, and Kanako's reaction in the Kiss & Cry :laugh:, I'm in awe and am very pleased. :)
Also, Christina's redemption here shows she could be a force to be reckoned with for the States next season in Sochi.

Reginald

Match Penalty
What does "Credit for highlight distribution, base value multiplied by 1.1" mean in the scores?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yep. She has gotten that call all season long--except at Nationals. No surprise there.

Very happy for the top five girls, especially Mao and Christina!

Actually she did get (e) at Nationals both in SP and FS.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What does "Credit for highlight distribution, base value multiplied by 1.1" mean in the scores?

It means they get a 10 percent boost in their BV for doing it in the second half of the program (after the 1:25 mark).

Ambivalent

On the Ice

Mao has always had a chance against Yu-Na with her beautiful 3A and now that it looks like she's going to have her 3-3 back, she could definitely reign it all in on one night and blow the field away.