2013 4CC Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

lavender

Record Breaker
Its beyond me how anyone could be a hater or either Mao or Yuna Kim. They are both wonderful. People should love them both. I can love Daisuke, Yanyu and Chan :)

I agree although I'm not in love with Hanyu...yet...but I like him.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Gao is within striking distance of the podium. It'd be nice to see her medal after her somewhat disappointing nationals.

Haha I agree but after the performances tonight, it's hard to see the Japanese ladies letting go of the podium! I expect Gracie will be hungry to move up as well, and of course her long has the potential to score really well too. We shall see, so excited for tomorrow!

Last edited:

Reginald

Match Penalty
Christina skated an legendary short program tonight.

Akiko, Kanako, Kexin, and Mao all skated brilliant programs.

Worlds is still wide open.

Krislite

Medalist
Mao has an interesting pattern of landing her 3Axels most consitently at 4CC. Is this her peak time of the season?

vera01

Final Flight
Worlds will be amazing but I think you're jumping to conclusions here. Yes they might be magnificent skaters but it will be up to them to bring it on the night. As it stands, Yu-Na isn't competition tough (yet), Mao still has issues with jumping despite her skate here and Carolina is Carolina. Don't be surprised if there's a bit of a splatfest to be honest.

I agree.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I feel it's going to be a battle for 3rd between Gracie and Gao. I don't think Kanako will hold it together in LP.
Ashley Wagner needs to get ready if she wants to land on the podium in World. :popcorn:

lavender

Record Breaker
Sooo happy for Mao but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I just hope this is a start of our old Mao.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I feel it's going to be a battle for 3rd between Gracie and Gao. I don't think Kanako will hold it together in LP.

Actually I think Kanako has some momentum in her favor. She had that awesome Nationals LP and now a great SP....I can see it continuing into the LP.

gmyers

Record Breaker
This was great for Mao and the Mao that is possible but was hidden in the gp. If she continues on this path even with problems this is Mao going all out to her fullest potential!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Worlds will be amazing but I think you're jumping to conclusions here. Yes they might be magnificent skaters but it will be up to them to bring it on the night. As it stands, Yu-Na isn't competition tough (yet), Mao still has issues with jumping despite her skate here and Carolina is Carolina. Don't be surprised if there's a bit of a splatfest to be honest.

Of course they can bomb like Alissa Czisny, but I'm hoping for the best here. This would be a one in a life time where the top skaters are best of the best in the history of the sport and compete in the same world. If all three skate light out, I honestly don't know who I would go with. But I know I'm very lucky. Actually, miss Mao will walk away the winner after blowing the field away. Her contents are insane.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This was great for Mao and the Mao that is possible but was hidden in the gp. If she continues on this path even with problems this is Mao going all out to her fullest potential!

Gmyers, always consistent in your thinking. :)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
A judge -2 Asada on the 3loop :D
grrrr One judge gave Gao the 6s range for program component :sarcasm:

Last edited: