2013 4CC's Mens FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Mens FS

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my, Kevin landed everything, 3 quads! Hope everything is rotated. He might shake things up here a bit

IMO, Reynolds is much better a skater than Aaron, so if Max can garner 72 points in PCS for putting on a technical spectacle of jumps, then Kevin should receive 80 points in PCS.

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
I disagree somewhat about the Max Aaron criticisms in Regard to the way he was scored. He did complete an impressive array of jumps and spins with speed and security on the quads. The style is very Broadway/stage like to and American show soundtrack. I feel it is still not "senior" world class, it appears to still be more in the form of "junior" world class. He did get 6.5ish On transitions, which is relatively low compared to the 8+ scores the medalists get at Worlds or even the GP. IDK, it seems he was given pretty fair scores.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wooaaaaahhh!!!!:jaw:

Now that's an upset!! But I think the standings are right so far. Very, very happy for Kevin :clap:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've never been a vocal cheerleader of Kevin Reynolds, but my goodness, has he ever arrived on the international scene with these performances! I feel he hasn't gotten the respect he probably deserves for the improvements in his skating over the past year until now. Good for him!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Dai is bombing, Kevin won! I am in absolute shock. Japan Figure skating federation should not have sent Dai and Yuzu here, I've said yesterday. They needed a break after that nail biting nationals. You can see they are exhausted from all the pressure and the media.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)

Music: I Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo

4T - twofooted, perhaps UR (rotation looked ok on replay)
4T+2T - twofooted on 4T (UR on replay)
3A - stepout
FCCoSp
StSq
LSp
3A - fall, no combo
3Lo
3S
3Lz - twofooted, stepout
3F
ChSt
CCoSp

Too many mistakes, perhaps enough for bronze if his PCS hold up

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Congrats to Kevin for his first 4CC title! :clap: And now I wonder where Daisuke is going to place: there are 5 mistakes in the 5 most difficult jumps...

katymay

Medalist
I disagree somewhat about the Max Aaron criticisms in Regard to the way he was scored. He did complete an impressive array of jumps and spins with speed and security on the quads. The style is very Broadway/stage like to and American show soundtrack. I feel it is still not "senior" world class, it appears to still be more in the form of "junior" world class. He did get 6.5ish On transitions, which is relatively low compared to the 8+ scores the medalists get at Worlds or even the GP. IDK, it seems he was given pretty fair scores.
My issue with his program is the long nap in the middle of it. Many could back load their programs if they pretty much stopped and rested for a minute. Flow and stamina ought to be factored in to the score. Also the choreography is like he is making it up as he goes along.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just hope they don't give him 9s for this kind of performance!!