2013 4CC's Mens FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Mens FS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Congratulations Kevin! you finally have your breakthrough!

and honestly, his non-jumping skills have really improved within the past year... i mean he isn't anywhere near chan and takahashi but he is frankly pretty on par to a lot of the other top skaters including IMO hanyu (eek... don't kill me)

Oh wow, finally someone who sees what I see. Now we both will be killed.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
What happened to Daisuke?
Daisuke changed new boots just a week ago. Because of this change he didn't have enough practice time I assume.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130209-00000101-spnannex-spo He indeed looked tired and less motivated for all the event. Besides the new shoes, it's a general burden of Captain of Team Japan that no one bothered to take away from him after JN. Plus more than questionable results of JN could somehow damage his motivation and confidence.

Dear Ms. Hashimoto.

As a boss of JSF you are a guilty party as well. Instead of giving two lead skaters compete in natural way, you organized the circus "Japanese Nationals" and the media hysteria that followed. The result of which was: you with Orser made a clown from the youngest guy by asking too much from him and you humiliated the older one by unfair judgement at JN. The consequences couldn't not show up. Enjoy, the lady. Could you please go away somewhere from your position until you make a worse damage to the skaters and this sport in Japan in general? Consider it as my request for a personal favour. :mad:

mikeko666

Final Flight
I'm just checking in. I can't bear to look back after seeing the last two pages. What happened to Daisuke? Look where he is in the results. I can't stand it. Poor Daisuke.

According to Japanese media, Takahashi changed his boots a week before 4CC.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 250.55 Free Skate, Interview
2. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 246.38 Free Skate
3. Han YAN (CHN) - 235.22 Free Skate
4. Max AARON (USA) - 234.65 Free Skate
5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 234.04 Free Skate
6. Nan SONG (CHN) - 228.46 Free Skate
7. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 222.77 Free Skate
8. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 218.08
9. Ross MINER (USA) - 214.36
10. Andrei ROGOZINE (CAN) - 201.99
11. Misha GE (UZB) - 201.71
12. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 197.26
13. Yi WANG (CHN) - 195.01
14. Christopher CALUZA (PHI) - 186.79
15. Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ) - 185.81
16. Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI) - 178.08
17. June Hyoung LEE (KOR) - 176.39
18. Elladj BALDE (CAN) - 176.33
19. Jin Seo KIM (KOR) - 171.01
20. Min-Seok KIM (KOR) - 137.63
21. Brendan KERRY (AUS) - 134.26
22. Jordan JU (TPE) - 121.11
23. David KRANJEC (AUS) - 115.82

Medal Ceremony (Part 1), Medal Ceremony (Part 2)

Last edited:

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Daisuke changed new boots just a week ago. Because of this change he didn't have enough practice time I assume.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130209-00000101-spnannex-spo He indeed looked tired and less motivated for all the event. Besides the new shoes, it's a general burden of Captain of Team Japan that no one bothered to take away from him after JN. Plus more than questionable results of JN could somehow damage his motivation and confidence.

I don't see Daisuke making excuses or casting blame for not winning. Everyone has a bad competition now and again. Better here than at Worlds.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think, what happened with Yuzuru was just nerves. He was under a lot of pressure. I recommend you guys watch that documentary that was linked in the Yuzuru thread. After watching I felt he has a problem, that is mostly in his head with his second quad. But I saw he had a band aid over his right eye. Maybe he really was injured?

Didn't Daisuke just change boots before Cup of China? How often does a skater change boots?

emdee

Final Flight
Congratulations Kevin! you finally have your breakthrough!

and honestly, his non-jumping skills have really improved within the past year... i mean he isn't anywhere near chan and takahashi but he is frankly pretty on par to a lot of the other top skaters including IMO hanyu (eek... don't kill me)
Agree with a lot of what you say. Kevin has really been improving his SS and PCS in the last two years but with up and down programs there was no flow and lower PCS.
He deserves his win. His marks are not as high as Chan or Dai when they are on.
I disagree about your Hanyu comment.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't see Daisuke making excuses or casting blame for not winning. Everyone has a bad competition now and again. Better here than at Worlds.
Wtt? Who said anything about Dai making excuses? No one except you. Could you please leave your lame trolling for yourself?

Dai NEVER make excuses, even when he could. Some of your countrymen should follow this noble example.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I think, what happened with Yuzuru was just nerves. He was under a lot of pressure. I recommend you guys watch that documentary that was linked in the Yuzuru thread. After watching I felt he has a problem, that is mostly in his head with his second quad. But I saw he had a band aid over his right eye. Maybe he really was injured?

Didn't Daisuke just change boots before Cup of China? How often does a skater change boots?

He did changed before CoC too. Maybe he broke the lates ones. No info on that.

For Yuzu it's a usual skate, unfortunately. Too often his season he had poor FS.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Why Han Yan didn't congratulate other guys on the podium during VC? It's not like he is the first time on the podium at international events. Odd.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Oh wow, finally someone who sees what I see. Now we both will be killed.

I think the bandwagon is fuller than you imagine ;). I've been thinking along those lines for quite some time now, and just waiting for the breakthrough. A happy day for Kevin fans :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

I was thinking the same thing. His boots seemed OK at JN. :confused:

aims

Rinkside
Is it too late for Dai to just chuck both of his programs and return to the ones from last year?!? Just kidding, but that's my honest feeling right now...:confused2:

Kalina

On the Ice

Yeah, I think it was nerves too. Oh well, it's not like it was a complete disaster (like SA), hopefully he will learn from this experience :)
About the band-aid, he just had a bad encounter with a door before the free :laugh: must have hit it pretty hard, it looked swollen. I doubt it had anything to do with his performance.

When I read about Daisuke changing boots again, it confused me as well because I remembered he'd changed them pretty recently... but still, better before 4CC than before Worlds.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, I'm not a fan of Hanyu, at least yet..

My reaction reminds me of how I felt watching a young Plushenko. Just couldn't warm up to him. That said, I changed my impression of Plushenko as the years passed, so maybe I will with Hanyu as well.

But for now... I just don't think he's "all that and a bag of chips."

Icey

Record Breaker
Thrilled for Kevin. Glad the judges can now see his improvements. To the poster that suggested a bunch of skaters were crying, they might be crying because they would give or would have given their right arm to be able to do a program with Kevin's technical content.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 250.55 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
2. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 246.38 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Han YAN (CHN) - 235.22 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Max AARON (USA) - 234.65 Free Skate
5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 234.04 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Nan SONG (CHN) - 228.46 Free Skate
7. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 222.77 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 218.08 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Ross MINER (USA) - 214.36 Free Skate
10. Andrei ROGOZINE (CAN) - 201.99 Free Skate
11. Misha GE (UZB) - 201.71 Free Skate
12. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 197.26 Free Skate
13. Yi WANG (CHN) - 195.01 Free Skate
14. Christopher CALUZA (PHI) - 186.79 Free Skate
15. Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ) - 185.81 Free Skate
16. Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI) - 178.08 Free Skate
17. June Hyoung LEE (KOR) - 176.39 Free Skate
18. Elladj BALDE (CAN) - 176.33 Free Skate
19. Jin Seo KIM (KOR) - 171.01 Free Skate
20. Min-Seok KIM (KOR) - 137.63 Free Skate
21. Brendan KERRY (AUS) - 134.26
22. Jordan JU (TPE) - 121.11 Free Skate
23. David KRANJEC (AUS) - 115.82 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony (Part 1), Medal Ceremony (Part 2)

Last edited:

itoja

Rinkside
Dear Ms. Hashimoto.

As a boss of JSF you are a guilty party as well. Instead of giving two lead skaters compete in natural way, you organized the circus "Japanese Nationals" and the media hysteria that followed. The result of which was: you with Orser made a clown from the youngest guy by asking too much from him and you humiliated the older one by unfair judgement at JN. The consequences couldn't not show up. Enjoy, the lady. Could you please go away somewhere from your position until you make a worse damage to the skaters and this sport in Japan in general? Consider it as my request for a personal favour. :mad:
:rock:

Cherryy

On the Ice
Because there were 10 lips and 3 flutzes? What is strange about it?
Why should those two things be related? Those are two different jumps.

It's a bit strange because a lutz is considered to be and in fact is a more difficult jump than a flip and there's a big difference in their BV so it would be normal to see more mistakes on lutzes than on flips while it's the other way round. I thought someone would give me a more reasonable answer. Seriously, there's no need to be mean. :eek:hwell: