Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds

Damn that Eurosport International feed keeps breaking up. Anybody has other ones?

Simon Reed keeps making a lot of mistakes and he keeps wuzrobbing skaters and being totally and utterly wrong about it. I wish he never opened his mouth.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Try this one:

Eurosport 2 Intl

Good job I decided to come on here before I started watching the ski jumping. I didn't realise they were going to put the skating on early!

How long has it been on for? I just caught Hino getting his score. Have I missed many?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Just realised that the link I just gave is using exactly the same stream as the other site is using, becuase it just broke up on me too!

Sorry about that!

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Ach, I can't be bothered with this any more! I'm going back to the ski jumping. I'll watch the Men's Free when it comes on the TV after the Ladies Free!

Last edited:
The broadcast started with Hino. Looks like Eurosport International will show more skaters than the British Eurosport broadcast to come after the Ladies.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The broadcast started with Hino. Looks like Eurosport International will show more skaters than the British Eurosport broadcast to come after the Ladies.

Ah good, at least I didn’t unwittingly miss any earlier skaters. :biggrin:

Thank you for being so good as to reply and put my mind at rest!

And you were right about British Eurosport missing out skaters. They only started with Ignatenko’s routine, so that was 2 skaters less than International. Hino was one of the ones British ESP missed, but I managed to catch Eurosport France’s coverage of his routine on YouTube. And I (just about!) saw Kolyada before I abandoned the stream for the ski jumping. So, I think I managed to get seeing everything. ;) :biggrin:

Simon Reed keeps making a lot of mistakes and he keeps wuzrobbing skaters and being totally and utterly wrong about it. I wish he never opened his mouth.

Erm, I think you might be getting your commentators confused. :confused: Because, Nicky Slater was flying solo in commentary yesterday.

Simon Reed is the older man with the richer, deeper voice than the other 2 commentators.

You know, if you have got your commentators mixed up, that would explain why I was puzzled when you were talking about “Simon’s incredibly stupid ramblings”. Because, although he does sometimes say something that the other commentators are confused by, or which they then have to correct, he doesn’t exactly ramble.

Nicky, on the other hand, does ramble. A lot. And a good proportion of it could be interpreted by some people as being “incredibly stupid”. (Personally, as I am not an expert in all the ins-and-outs of figure skating, I would not like to pass judgement myself). But, in the first comment I posted yesterday, you can see some examples of the sort of stuff Nicky regularly comes out with, and compare them to what you were complaining about in the Men’s FS commentary.

When I was replying to your previous comment, I kinda had a suspicion you might have got the guys mixed up, but I didn’t know for sure. So, that is why I tried to be diplomatic by bringing the other guys into the equation (let’s face it, all commentators of all sports can sometimes have a tendency to ramble), but making a point of not agreeing that the rambling was “incredibly stupid”.

I’m sorry to have to correct you, but it is kinda important when you might be criticising a specific person in the wrong.

CaroLiza_fan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia just has something that makes the crowds applause, imagine if she can improve more her artistry more already

Kosigina/Moroshkin's Gala music ?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After all the complaining about Eurosport that goes on here, may I take this opportunity to congratulate them on their brilliant coverage of the Junior Worlds!

Given that last week Eurosport were covering the Nordic Skiing World Championships, the Snooker World Open, and the Junior World Figure Skating Championships, as well as the normal World Cup rounds in Alpine Skiing and Biathlon, I thought that they did a great job with their scheduling!

I was really impressed that every day as soon as the evening (afternoon in Europe) match of the snooker was over, Eurosport went over to the figure skating immediately. So, a big thank you should go out to my fellow Ulsterman Mark Allen for having such rapid victories in his matches on Friday and Saturdayday so that we got over to the Ladies SP and Men's FS earlier than planned. ;) :biggrin:

I was also impressed that Eurosport decided to show the Ladies FS in it’s entirety. And, although it was by accident rather than by design, that we got to see the Pairs FS in its entirety as well.

My only complaint is that I cannot understand why Eurosport were not able to show the evening sessions of the skating in their entirety EVERY night, given that there was not any live programming on directly beforehand.

Carlton Kirby kept telling us during the Dakar Rally when the coverage was delayed by tennis (i.e. EVERY NIGHT), “Eurosport is a LIVE sports driven channel, so LIVE sports are given priority over magazine programmes like this”.

Erm, so why weren’t the evening sessions of the figure skating given priority over highlights of programmes that were shown LIVE earlier in the day then…?!

Overall, though, I am really pleased with the coverage Eurosport gave us. It was no-where near as bad as many members on here were predicting after I announced at the start of this thread that Eurosport were showing the Junior Worlds.

So, well done!!! :clap:

Fingers crossed that we get more of the same in the future. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: