4CC Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

4CC Ladies Free Skate

Selene

On the Ice
Sad for Gracie, that she didn't deliver. Having an off night is never fun...

An off night? That is how Gracie usually performs. She's skated one good short program and one good free program this season. Her programs are usually messes filled with multiple jump errors because she cannot control her nerves.

willdu

On the Ice
They said she had a nose bleed and that may have been a distraction.

Honestly that shouldnt be enough to warrant a meltdown. Mirai had one at the olympics in 2010 during the SP and skating wonderfully. USFSA must be biting their fingers for worlds. I never understood why they didn't do it like gymnastic's olympic trials style. Top qualifier from nationals gets to go Worlds, then they select the other spots from results from 4cc.

Also what's in the water in Japan? Kanako is wonderful so much growth over these past seasons. USFSA could be use some!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla
A fuego lento by Astor Piazzolla
Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla

3Lz - e
3Lo+2T
3F
StSq
LSp
3Lo
3F+1A+SEQ
3S+2Lo+2Lo
3T
FSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Small stumble on ending pose.

Strong skate, though I think she might have some UR's.

FS: 55.83 + 61.16 = 116.99 (SB)
Tot: 181.03 (PB), 1st (out of 17)

Last edited:

delray1977

Rinkside
I don't think we should start panicking just yet, it's her first season on the senior level, now if she's like this next season may we should start panicking.

figuristka

Medalist
What a disaster. Gracie is just not a competitor. She can't control her nerves. Is there any chance USFS can replace her on the World team? We need 3 spots for the Olympics and she has proven she cannot deliver when it counts. I shudder to think of the messy performance she will deliver on an even bigger stage at Worlds.

She was just a junior last year hopefully she learns. I don't think her pcs should have been above Osmond or Li though.

willdu

On the Ice
Gracie would be fine at worlds if it were a nonolympic deciding year. But you don't practice at Worlds. Thus you'll hear a lot of backlash from US fans. Send Gao as she seems most consistent. Only true meltdown at GPF. Hope I don't jinx myself.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Xtina
3F-2T
2A - she's improving her 2As.
3Flutz - fell. looked rotated. Ok, she can't catch Kanako now. She would have to be flawless.
Same music as Kanako?
Good 3F
Good 3T
Good 3Lo
3T-2T-2Lo. Landing is off.

Her PCS should be a few points behind Kanako.
TES maybe similar. Contents aren't there. No Sal. No real lutz. But pleasant to watch. Should be top american!

Last edited:

Orange Cat

On the Ice
An off night? That is how Gracie usually performs. She's skated one good short program and one good free program this season. Her programs are usually messes filled with multiple jump errors because she cannot control her nerves.

I think that's a little harsh... she was solid on the junior circuit, so I'm going to reserve judgement. It hasn't been a stellar season for her, but then again, other excellent competitors on the junior circuit have struggled when coming to seniors (Adelina Sotnikova, for example).

And- oh, Christina fell! :no:

Er, was going to say something else but I think I am just sad now. I so wanted Christina to do well here.

lavender

Record Breaker
I don't think we should start panicking just yet, it's her first season on the senior level, now if she's like this next season may we should start panicking.

I agree. However I can't be on her bandwagon because she's all jumps if she lands them...she's not a complete skater.

Selene

On the Ice

People are commenting on her performances because she is a member of the US World Team in a season when it is critical to perform well in order to secure spots for the Olympics. And she is a horrible competitor. She melts down under pressure. So, if she delivers her usual messy programs at Worlds, she will be costing another skater a chance to skate in the Olympic games.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Even with the fall Christina presented herself extremely well at the senior level

Selene

On the Ice
I agree. However I can't be on her bandwagon because she's all jumps if she lands them...she's not a complete skater.

That's the thing - her biggest asset is her jumping ability. But she can only land those jumps in practices and not in the actual competitions.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Music: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla

3F+2T
2A
3Lz - e, fall
CCoSp
LSp
3F
3T
3Lo