2013 Four Continents Gala Exhibition | Golden Skate

2013 Four Continents Gala Exhibition

evangeline

Record Breaker
It was pretty obvious that the JSF would invite hometown favourite Daisuke to skate in the gala but I'm so happy that they also chose Elladj and Misha as the other guests in the exhibition. Great choices by the JSF :)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Wow that's cool that they invited Ge and Blade. Do they usually invite people that far off the podium or are they very popular in Japan?

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Balde's got one of those fun and interesting exhibition programs, perhaps the JSF is looking to put on a good show is all.

NMURA

Medalist
full list
http://pigeon-post.net/events/2013FourContinents/FC2013_ExhibitionProgram.pdf

Miu HONDA Local
Elladj BALDE CAN
Christina GAO USA
Han YAN CHN
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN
Gracie GOLD USA
Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA
Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN
Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN

Taichiro YAMAKUMA Local
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA
Misha GE UZB
Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN
Zijun LI CHN
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA
Yuzuru HANYU JPN
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
Akiko SUZUKI JPN
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN
Kevin REYNOLDS CAN
Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA
Mao ASADA JPN

Surprise to see Miu Honda. I've thought Marin could be invited though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Re Aaron: You would understand, if you had seen his exhibition at U.S. Nationals to "Black Betty," skating in a t-shirt with fake tattoo arms. To be fair to Max, the U.S. Nationals Gala was immediately after the men's free skate, so it's not surprising that his jumps were all over the place, but the ex was not a particular joy, IMO.

I don't know whether Dornbush has an exhibition. He was not shown at U.S. Nationals. (I assume he does; they all have their hopes).

gardenernaga

Rinkside
Thanks, NMURA.
Why no Aaron and Dornbush who did place 4th and 5th overall? :unsure: They surely deserve get invited. Especially Aaron, who actually was 2nd in the Free with such a good performance...I don't understand. at. all. :mad:

An anonymous Japanese fan telephoned JSF this morning and asked why Misha and Balde are on the list.
JSF said both boys are directly recommended by ISU.

aims

Rinkside
Could be that the US boys just declined the offers themselves for some reason or another. I'm betting on that because after all, I've NEVER seen the 4th and 5th placements passed over deliberately.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
YAY Zijun is performing!! I'm a happy camper.

Mostly.

Gracie got picked over Christina... why? Christina has done fun exhibitions and she placed higher than Gracie...

centerpt1

On the Ice
Balde has fun, entertaining exib programs. He's a showman. Maybe TPTB want the 4CC Gala to be entertaining.

aims

Rinkside
YAY Zijun is performing!! I'm a happy camper.

Mostly.

Gracie got picked over Christina... why? Christina has done fun exhibitions and she placed higher than Gracie...

Christina IS on the list, third from the top.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
An anonymous Japanese fan telephoned JSF this morning and asked why Misha and Balde are on the list.
JSF said both boys are directly recommended by ISU.
Kee p in mind that JSF doesn't necessary speaks the truth.

I don't get why Balde is on the list. I don't remember when a skater who is on the 18th (!) place and who is not local ended up in gala. Besides, there was nothing interesting to watch- slow double jumps jumper.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Misha Ge has his own share of Japanese fans, I believe. He even tweeted that he held a fan meeting with his Japanese fans.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Dai is still stressed out and looked very exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Steps, spins were mindblowing, jumps were vey high, 3A especially (but with so). Yet, less sharpy moves in general and not as in hot move as we are accustomed to see. He actually looked kind of pale.

Last edited by a moderator:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Yuzu screwed up with jumps, 3A wasn't rotated at all and ended up on the knee. Slow spins and breathing very heavily when he finished.

I's so unusual to see both J-guys skating so early in gala.

ZHURANKOV, COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?! No one is interested in your stupid unprofessional opinion.