Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver

gmyers

Record Breaker
Short vids on Menshov and Gosviani preparation. Briefly on what people are saying there: Gosviani team hopes to get the 3rd spot for Worlds but they do realize the tough competition with Leonova and Korobeynikova. Menshov's team is less optimistic and say that they read between the lines that Kovtun will likely go to Worlds and this particular skate in Tver won't change anything.
Gosviani: www.tv100.ru/news/kto-poedet-na-chempionat-mira-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-68955/
Menshov: www.tv100.ru/news/evgeniy-plyushchenko-na-chempionat-mira-ne-poedet-68642/

LOL I think this season shows gosviani against korobeynikova and leonova is not tough compeition. She beat Leonova by a point and wasn't even allowed to skate at euros but was still named to the team. Unless there is some evidence that Leonova has 3/3 and double axel and wants to skate anymore.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SENIOR SHORT DANCE - RESULT

1. Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin - 61.40
2. Victoria Sinitsina & Ruslan Zhiganshin - 59.62
3. Valeria Loseva & Denis Lunin - 43.53
4. Christina Strikalo & Pyotr Perepelkin - 37.01
5. Tatiana Baturintseva & Alexander Nevski - 34.80
6. Alina Kurbanova & Igor Shelopaev - 32.48
7. Daria Shcheglova & Anton Novikov - 28.18

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the results speak for itself Sinitsina and Zhiganshin needs to leave now the " worst ice dancing coach ever " duo of Kustarova/Alexeeva, they have No future staying with them
they have Never had a successful junior going into Senior. they can ahve the 2nd tier Yanovskaia/Mozgov but I hope Sinitsina/Zhiganshin dump her now :no:

Mao88

Record Breaker
the results speak for itself Sinitsina and Zhiganshin needs to leave now the " worst ice dancing coach ever " duo of Kustarova/Alexeeva, they have No future staying with them
they have Never had a successful junior going into Senior. they can ahve the 2nd tier Yanovskaia/Mozgov but I hope Sinitsina/Zhiganshin dump her now :no:

I completely agree. They have got better as the season has gone on, but they have certainly not reached the heights of last season. Essentially, they have gone backwards. They are capable of so much more than they are producing at the moment. Time for a coaching change

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I completely agree. They have got better as the season has gone on, but they have certainly not reached the heights of last season. Essentially, they have gone backwards. They are capable of so much more than they are producing at the moment. Time for a coaching change

I never got how they didnt left her last summer when they had the warning signs
the mass exodus of Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin would be enough to leave them too

now I don't think Zhulin will take them as he has too many students
maybe with Sivinin/Zhuk or may have to go to Krylova

bramweld

Record Breaker

To be fair to the kids this wasn't an important competition for them. Both pairs scored below their nationals results. Didn't they (S/Z) just come back from Art on Ice? Who would they go to by the way? It would be nice if they trained with Stepanova and Bukin though;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
To be fair to the kids this wasn't an important competition for them. Both pairs scored below their nationals results. Didn't they (S/Z) just come back from Art on Ice? Who would they go to by the way? It would be nice if they trained with Stepanova and Bukin though;)

that's their only option in Russia, go to Svinin/Zhuk not sure if they would like though that they already have Stepanova/Bukin
Zhulin I am almost certain he will not take them, he has too many ice dancers now. maybe Morozov ? I know a bit crazy idea

If they wont change coach the Top 3 Russian Teams next quad will be
B/S, I/K and S/B, they might even lost to an unknown and obscure team like Monko/Khaliavin who came from nowhere !

FSGMT

Record Breaker
M/K: :clap: I really like them this season, a lot better than S/Z, who absolutely need a coaching change if they want to become part of the Russian top3 in the next quad...

Macassar88

Medalist
I never got how they didnt left her last summer when they had the warning signs
the mass exodus of Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin would be enough to leave them too

now I don't think Zhulin will take them as he has too many students
maybe with Sivinin/Zhuk or may have to go to Krylova

I don't think that Svinin and Zhuk will take them because Sinitsina and Zhiganshin will be in direct competition with Stepanova and Bukin next season.
Krylova would love to have a talented Russian team. And Camerlengo would give them interesting choreography to music that hasn't been used by Davis and White two seasons previously. (Seriously, Kustarova? Samson and Delilah, POTO, then Tango all in a row?)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, it was a little blatant copying there though.

I'm thinking Svinin & Zhuk might indeed take them though.

Is it certain that Stepanova & Bukin will go senior? It might be better to see if anyone retires after Olympics and build up some more ISU points by winning juniors, what I am assuming will be for a second time? Bukin is not 19 until September; Stepanova will be 18 in August, so I believe they still have that option

Macassar88

Medalist
Yes, it was a little blatant copying there though.

I'm thinking Svinin & Zhuk might indeed take them though.

Is it certain that Stepanova & Bukin will go senior? It might be better to see if anyone retires after Olympics and build up some more ISU points by winning juniors, what I am assuming will be for a second time? Bukin is not 19 until September; Stepanova will be 18 in August, so I believe they still have that option

I personally don't think that it makes sense. If they transition to seniors, they will probably not go to the Olympics, but they can do a bunch of senior B's and probably get two GP's to raise their rep. Also, it will give them practice doing longer dances.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that chances of Stepanova/Bukin going juniors again next season is unikely
they have a chance of sneaking into the Olympics team R/T haven't that progressed that much, S/Z are at a deadlock in their developments with Kustarova

my prediction for Russian Team for Olympics
B/S, I/K and S/B

FSGMT

Record Breaker
that chances of Stepanova/Bukin going juniors again next season is unikely
they have a chance of sneaking into the Olympics team R/T haven't that progressed that much, S/Z are at a deadlock in their developments with Kustarova

my prediction for Russian Team for Olympics
B/S, I/K and S/B
Don't forget M/K!!

She can afford one mistake must beat gosviani by 20 or 30 points minimum.

Says who? (It's a rhetorical question btw, we all know the answer and the answer is: You are the only person claiming that and you have absolutely nothing to back that claim up with.)

She beat Leonova by a point and wasn't even allowed to skate at euros but was still named to the team.

Stop repeating that. It's completely irrelevant. For a skater at Gosviani's level earning Euros TES minimum is ridiculously easy and she comfortably reached them at the fist international competition she entered, not even skating senior programs!

Yes. Kustarova/Alexeeva's programs are just awful.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Gosviani's level was jrgp reject and 3rd alternate to Russian nationals. That was her level before her one point victory over leonova which was a 6th place finish With her clean and leonova messy and that got her named to the euros team when she was not eligible. So get gosviani's level right.

Btw it is not the first Russian cup final so there's previous results to be looked over and what they meant.

hanca

Record Breaker
Gosviani's level was jrgp reject and 3rd alternate to Russian nationals.

Yes, and guess what? She can land jumps, unlike Leonova, who is silver world medallist last year and struggles to stay on her feet. If Leonova was sent to Europeans, do you think she would have been judged solely on her good results from the past, or do you think they may have noticed that she is actually not landing anything?

I am not saying that having a name doesn't help, of course it does, especially with the second mark, but having a name is not enough. It won't make the not landed jumps count as landed.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Gerasimova is leading over Korobeneykova and Leonova: look at her TES, 37.49!! :eek: Leonova didn't receive any bonus but her TES is still quite high, and she didn't (luckily) receive absurd PCS, she probably popped the combo (maybe 3T+2T/2T+3T) I think