Plushenko to sue sports commentator | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to sue sports commentator

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://ural.kp.ru/daily/26033/2952431/

with google translater

Recall: the TV channel Eurosport 2 sports commentator Andrei Zhurankov said that the figure skater Evgeni Plushenko is no operation on his back was not. And, in his view, this PR-style entertainment.
Plushenko was outraged and wrote Zhurankova statement to police in which he asked him to bring offending journalist for libel.

Skating federation also supported in this dispute and called Plushenko saying Zhurankova incorrect.

But over the weekend the Metropolitan Police refused to Olympic champion in a criminal case.

- We have provided law enforcement agencies reporting Zhurankov linguistic expertise, but to date, the police decided that this examination is not enough for a criminal case against the commentator, that does not prevent us to bring the same claim to Zhurankov (defamation) in a private prosecution, - said, "KP" lawyer Tatyana Akimtseva Plushenko. - We do not doubt the veracity of expertise, because law enforcement officers with due care taken this case and, as I thought they supported Eugene. Plushenko's calm response to the refusal to prosecute. He is now at a rehabilitation abroad. Said, they say, do not worry, I'll meet with Zhurankov in court. By the way, last week trying to get Zhenya commentator for NTV, they say, in the studio ready to apologize. But Zhenya refused. He wants to protect his honor by the law.

- We do not get upset - shared with "KP" Plushenko's wife, producer Yana Rudkovskaya. - Touches upon the honor and dignity of the Olympic champion, so go ahead - in court.

"He also mentioned that Yana's Russian language is under-educated." ?????? I don't undestand the Russian language.. But Yana graduated from Altai State Medical University, Specialty: Venerologists, specialization: hardware and medical cosmetology.

about Yana : http://persona.rin.ru/eng/view/f/0/36654/jan-rudkovskaya

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
Plush wasn't too worried about his reputation when he was elected to the Saint Petersburg Legislative Assembly in April 2010 and had attended only 11 of 123 parliamentary sessions since his election In December 2011. Maybe his constituents should have gone beyond their complains and sued him for dereliction of duty.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plush wasn't too worried about his reputation when he was elected to the Saint Petersburg Legislative Assembly in April 2010 and had attended only 11 of 123 parliamentary sessions since his election In December 2011. Maybe his constituents should have gone beyond their complains and sued him for dereliction of duty.

You are funny Icey :yes: Are you a person who thinks, Plushy is too much..too successful, too rich, too famous, too popular, too.....? he is a Russian national treasure...:) I just read this...

Last edited:
Let's Talk, if I understand the decision of the police it was that the TV guy was sort of wrong but the whole affair did not rise to the level of meriting a criminal trial. Is that right?

About money versus honor, what exactly do plaintiffs in these cases seek? An apology from the miscreant? A public vote of confidence from the court?

[Edited to add]: One more. :) Everybody loves Plushenko, right? Most people have never heard of the journalist and those who have think he's a jerk, right? Couldn't Plushenko just laugh him off?

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Let's Talk, if I understand the decision of the police it was that the TV guy was sort of wrong but the whole affair did not rise to the level of meriting a criminal trial. Is that right?

About money versus honor, what exactly do plaintiffs in these cases seek? An apology from the miscreant? A public vote of confidence from the court?

[Edited to add]: One more. :) Everybody loves Plushenko, right? Most people have never heard of the journalist and those who have think he's a jerk, right? Couldn't Plushenko just laugh him off?
If police decided something, it doesn't make it legal. Wheather to appeal on police's decision or not is up to the applicant. The thing that turns civil responsibility for libel into a criminal one for slander under the R-laws is "deliberately falsified", i.e. when the person knew he was lying and yet kept lying. Look how Zhurnakov is answering on that video on Plu lawyer's comment (where she said that of course he must have seen a TV report from the Israel clinic, news on tv, etc., i.e. he couldn't not know that the operation did happen), he says he doesn't know that X-ray belongs to Plu, it could be anyone's, the news report from the clinic was done only by one channel, who is Doctor Pekarski he doesn't have to know either and therefore doesn't have to trust his words or anything that was in that news, he didn't see Plu's medical records and that's why no one can say that he knew he was deliberately lying when he doubted the operation, etc. It's all demagogy that makes police looks like clownade (which is what they indeed are). He is screwing the system and enjoying it. In other words if a criminal responsibility can ever take place, it's only in the case if a celebrity published his medical records! But even in this case some zhurankov can say that he didn't see them and therefore no one can prove that he was deliberately lying. If they can't make this criminal responsibility works without looking stupid, then they shouldn't have resumed criminal responsibility for slander in the first place and should have sticked with the civil one only as it was in Medvedev's Russia.

FYI R-courts are not buying that demagogly a la zhurankov style. According to the latest available records on OSCE site, 852 people were conviced under the article 129 part 1 (pre-Medvedev Criminal Code) and only 45 under tha article 129 part 2, i.e. 20 times less. That does look odd if you don't know the procedure. Article 129 part 1 is private prosecution, i.e. when a citizen doesn't need a prosecutor on his side, he just goes to the court and files criminal charges (possible for very few minor crimes only). While article 129 part 2 (slander in mass media) is public prosecution, i.e. smth. that can be initiated only by a public prosecutor.

As for dignity, each society has its own values, some of them have non-material as well. So, when they are violated, they must be protected by law. It's not that uncommon in continental law (Brian knows!).

As for to laugh it off, well, when you are a celebrity, you might want to laugh lies off once, then again, then again, but I am sure sooner or later you will say "Enough!" and will go to the court. That is what celebrities usually do. Worldwide.

By the way, last week trying to get Zhenya commentator for NTV, they say, in the studio ready to apologize. But Zhenya refused. He wants to protect his honor by the law.
Apology in TV studio? Why not just to write a letter?

Zhurankov in fact should write a book "How to succeed in self-PR and make fast bucks" or somesuch. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Not everyone likes Plush. No one likes everyone. He has a lot of envy, as I said he is too famous, is too rich, he is not only a skater, an athlete ... He is a celebrity, he is constantly present in the media. This is a news today..

Plushenko registers own brand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u5eNcWc0rs
I don't know what is the truth, but they only speculated, that Plushy will establish brand with his name even Lovplush's photomontage they presented as evidence of the beginning of Plushy's the campaign. :laugh: I showed it : Pluminator Quadrilogy http://t.co/mDkv891gQY by Lovplush.
I don't think he will sue the TV channel if the news isn't true ...

ciocio

On the Ice
Not everyone likes Plush. No one likes everyone. He has a lot of envy, as I said he is too famous, is too rich, he is not only a skater, an athlete ... He is a celebrity, he is constantly present in the media. This is a news today..

I don´t think people dislike Plushenko because he is rich and famous, I´ve never met such a person. Most of his haters are fans of other skaters, ex fans that think they ¨own¨him and he has no right to retire, come back or whatever he wants to without their approval , and, after he got married for second time, his wife haters. Actually I seriously believe some of them are mentally unstable, which is not the commentator´s case, he only wanted to generate controversy.

yaya124

On the Ice
I don´t think people dislike Plushenko because he is rich and famous, I´ve never met such a person. Most of his haters are fans of other skaters, ex fans that think they ¨own¨him and he has no right to retire, come back or whatever he wants to without their approval , and, after he got married for second time, his wife haters. Actually I seriously believe some of them are mentally unstable, which is not the commentator´s case, he only wanted to generate controversy.

Good points.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

You are right. :yes: But I read some stupid Russian comments, they were really envious of his succes in general..

LRK

Record Breaker

Actually, I think they do. Not Plushy in particular, mind. This goes for actors, pop stars, athletes - whoever is conceived "to have it all". Look at entertainments sites, and read the comments - though not too much if you value your sanity :) - and people are cheering anyone on who can "bring them down" - you'd think movie stars had caused the recession, the sort of venom that's directed at them. But this is, of course, OT, and just a general observation I've made.