Survivor - Caramoans | Golden Skate

Survivor - Caramoans

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm watching Survivor and AR.

The dynamics on the fan team are interesting - probably because they are losing. It'll be interesting to see if Laura's absence will allow them to start winning.

Didn't watch this week's AR, yet. While I still enjoy AR, the tasks aren't as interesting as they used to be.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is this the first time tribal council was held the way it was?? I don't remember that happening before. I think Jeff wanted to get Brandon out quickly. I don't understand why Andrea saw a need to tell Brandon what Phillip said; she added fuel to the fire in my opinion. The fans ate it all up.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Darn it! I was watching the men's short program on Universal & forgot to record Survivor, so missed all the fire works. Did little Hantz destroy their food supply?

heyang

Record Breaker
Is this the first time tribal council was held the way it was?? I don't remember that happening before. I think Jeff wanted to get Brandon out quickly. I don't understand why Andrea saw a need to tell Brandon what Phillip said; she added fuel to the fire in my opinion. The fans ate it all up.

A lot of people are saying that Brandon should never have been invited back to Survivor even though a psychologist said he was fit. Some are so upset about it that they are claiming they'll never watch Survivor again.

I also don't understand why Andrea told Brandon about Philip considering throwing the challenge to get Brandon out. As you said, it did nothing to defuse the situation. Even if they were allies, she should've just said nothing about what Philip said because it just made a tense situation even worse.

I can certainly understand why Philip would be annoying, but he has been key to winning several challenges this season - more so than any other contestant IMHO. I think Brandon was just upset because he did let go of the rope before Phillip. I thought it was a good idea on Phillip's part to try to distract the coconut thrower as they were shooting for his basket - hard to say if it worked or not, but it was a strategy vs just hoping that the person would miss.

Here's a link to a interview with Jeff Probst. I think he deserves the emmy for best reality show host for this one episode. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/14/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-brandon-hantz-meltdown/

heyang

Record Breaker
Darn it! I was watching the men's short program on Universal & forgot to record Survivor, so missed all the fire works. Did little Hantz destroy their food supply?

He dumped out their rice and beans. The others were trying to pick as much off the ground to save it. It was quite difficult to watch....

For whatever reasons, CBS is the worst about posting full videos of their shows. Here's a pretty good recap http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-episode-5-brandon/