Weaver & Poje added to Canadian World team | Golden Skate

Weaver & Poje added to Canadian World team

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's official that Weaver/Poje have been added to the World team.
But today's Skate Canada announcement is confusing. Seems that SC has retained a little wiggle room as to whether W/P will compete in London???

2/15/2013

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje added to Skate Canada’s World Team Roster

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2427/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Excerpt:

“Kaitlyn underwent a successful surgery and the team is back on the ice in training mode,” said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada High Performance Director. "We will continue to monitor their progress over the next few weeks to determine their readiness for the world championships."

They will join Tessa Virtue, 22, London, Ont., and Scott Moir, 24, Ilderton, Ont., and Piper Gilles, 20, Toronto, Ont., Paul Poirier, 21, Unionville, Ont., as Canada’s three entries in the ice dance division.

ETA, irrelevant fact-check:
Skate Canada has the wrong ages for V/M, who are 23 and 25, respectively. http://skatecanada.ca/Profile/tabid...nce&strbiocategory=Senior Dance&strlanguage=E

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Funny, since SC stores V&M's profile that they didn't fact check their ages. But I'm so glad to hear that Andrew & Kaitlyn are on the ice again!

meem

On the Ice
Great news (since I want to see what changes they made to their FD which I actually loved the first time I saw it last fall). Just hope they're not rushing things. W/P are one of my favorites. I guess I need to presume Kaitlyn and her doctors know what's best, what her ankle can handle, and stop worrying!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Wonderful news, isn't it! :) Hope Kaitlyn does not push herself too fast and too much, though. To Kaitlyn and Andrew: 'one step at a time, please'. :yes:
Now both of my favorite ice dance teams; Nathalie/Fabian and Kaitlyn/Andrew are back to ice and have started their training, the Worlds is going to be even MORE exciting for me! :yay:

katia

On the Ice
YAY!
I am so glad for W/P. I just hope they will be careful and won't rush things.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
yeah, Kaitlyn needs a healing touch - along with P and B yikes! Ihope neither team is rushing back or that P and B become another D and S - remember they came back at ht elast olympics and from world champions to a distant 6th I believe.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
yeah, Kaitlyn needs a healing touch - along with P and B yikes! Ihope neither team is rushing back or that P and B become another D and S - remember they came back at ht elast olympics and from world champions to a distant 6th I believe.

Del/S came back after she had a baby in October of 2009, to skate in the Olympics in 2010. It is hardly surprising that they finished 6th, considering she had four months from the birth of her baby to get herself back into shape and train two Olympic programs. Sheesh.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Del/S came back after she had a baby in October of 2009, to skate in the Olympics in 2010. It is hardly surprising that they finished 6th, considering she had four months from the birth of her baby to get herself back into shape and train two Olympic programs. Sheesh.

It was strange she even chose to have a baby. They had said in interviews their reason for staying in until 2010, and even after winning Worlds in 2008, was to win an Olympic medal. Then she chooses to get pregnant with a baby less than a year before the Games. Did they actually think they would come back from that and be in shape for the Olympics.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I got the impression that it was one of those cases where medication for something else plays havoc with your birth control. There is a myth that the pill is 100% effective when used correctly, but it ain't so.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IIRC Isabel had been sick or had an injury and because of that they were out of Worlds 2009. She could easily have taken medication that interfered with the pill.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Oh I agree but tit would be hardly surprising for W and P and maybe even P and B not to do so well - it takes time to recuperate from injuries. I am not sure they have enough tiem to get in shape; worlds are earlier than usual this year too.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It was strange she even chose to have a baby. They had said in interviews their reason for staying in until 2010, and even after winning Worlds in 2008, was to win an Olympic medal. Then she chooses to get pregnant with a baby less than a year before the Games. Did they actually think they would come back from that and be in shape for the Olympics.

Ah yeah, I hardly think it was a planned pregnancy. I am sure she was happy though she competed at the Olympics and had her baby; a gold medal is nice but a baby should be worth more. And even if they had more training it was a known fact that V and M, D and W and DomShabs were comiong on stron and could have passed Delshoes even at their best.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
The pregnancy was not planned and could not have come at a worse time, in terms of their chances for an Olympic medal. She was recovering from surgery when she got pregnant so they were already behind the rest of the teams on that score. And she was pregnant while they were working on their choreography, which was somewhat restrictive. But the whole recovering her physical form after giving birth - she had four months, and the stress of a newborn during the period leading up to the Olympics.