Sinitsina & Zhiganshin: Coaching Change? | Golden Skate

Sinitsina & Zhiganshin: Coaching Change?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Sinitsina & Zhiganshin had another disappointing score in today's short dance at the Russia Cup final (59.62). Whilst they have got better as the season has gone on, they have certainly not reached the heights of last season. Hence, they have essentially gone backwards, in what has been a very disappointing season for them overall. Indeed, in my opinion, they are capable of so much more than what they are producing at the moment.

Accordingly, is it time for a coaching change for them?

Macassar88

Medalist
Yeah - I'd say send them to Shpilband/Krylova. Don't send them to Zhulin because he already has two Kustarova pairs.

Macassar88

Medalist
How about Svinin & Zhuk, who are rather short of teams right now?

The problem is that they already have Stepanova and Bukin who will be competing directly with Sinitsina and Zhiganshin.

Maybe send them to Linichuk and Karponosov? At her worst, Linichuk is still a better choreographer than Kustarova, and Sinitsina and Zhiganshin would have much better technique. Also Linichuk needs a talented team to work with to get her reputation back, so she'd put 110% into them.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think they need a little time. They appear to be not strong enough yet to handle the challenges of senior skating. They were visibly out of breath both of them at the end of the FD at nationals. They are also similar to M&K in that there is not much size difference between them. To the naked eye Ruslan looks like he is still very much a young man in transition similar to how Nikita Katsalapov looked when he first went to seniors. When the Shib sibs debuted they had the perfect size difference, perfect programme, work ethic and coaching staff!! No wonder they did as well as they did. If they don't improve next season, then I'd say have it, go where you please:yes:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They need to leave of course from the current worst ice dancers coaches aka Kustarova/Alexeeva
their only option in Russia is Sivinin/Zhuk but has Stepanova/Bukin, Zhulin has too many ice dancers now

so their other option would be passing all the way to the Atlantic and go to Shipilband or Krylova

bramweld

Record Breaker
They need to leave of course from the current worst ice dancers coaches aka Kustarova/Alexeeva
their only option in Russia is Sivinin/Zhuk but has Stepanova/Bukin, Zhulin has too many ice dancers now

so their other option would be passing all the way to the Atlantic and go to Shipilband or Krylova

Thinking about it, these two really can DANCE. So they would really flourish with Krylova:yes:

gmyers

Record Breaker
They should go to someone in Michigan of course but what about them being flooded with skaters and attention paid to them being minimal maybe. Then they have to move and they're young people. May not be attractive to them or even allowed possibly!! So while it make sense for everyone to go to krylova, spiliband, zeuva at what point do diminishing returns set in. Maybe in April of 2014 they should.

I'm sorry but brining up linichuk is the worst joke ever.

Macassar88

Medalist
They should go to someone in Michigan of course but what about them being flooded with skaters and attention paid to them being minimal maybe. Then they have to move and they're young people. May not be attractive to them or even allowed possibly!! So while it make sense for everyone to go to krylova, spiliband, zeuva at what point do diminishing returns set in. Maybe in April of 2014 they should.

I'm sorry but brining up linichuk is the worst joke ever.
What is wrong with Linichuk? Obviously her choreography can be questionable, but at the same time, she created Denkova and Staviski's Lacrimosa dance which is one of my favorite FD's of all time.
And she's a great technician.

gmyers

Record Breaker
What is wrong with Linichuk? Obviously her choreography can be questionable, but at the same time, she created Denkova and Staviski's Lacrimosa dance which is one of my favorite FD's of all time.

Maybe I'm taking too much from the fact that she has no teams of any status right now so is not even being considered as someone who is talented in coaching. Who wants to be "they're with linichuk?" couple? Maybe if something happens and a team of note goes to her and improves her reputation. Don't think s/z going to her at this point would be beneficial.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Maybe I'm taking too much from the face that she has no teams of any status right now so is not even being considered as someone who is talented in coaching. Who wants to be "they're with linichuk?" couple? Maybe if something happens and a team of note goes to her and improves her reputation. Don't think s/z going to her at this point would be beneficial.

Here's my thought process:
They're with Kustarova right now. It can't get that much worse. Even Linichuk's worst choreography is around the same level as Kustarova's best, so they aren't going to lose that much. However, Linichuk knows what technique is whereas Kustarova thinks that good ice dance means pushing and digging the blades as deep into the ice as possible with no regard for posture. Also Kustarova doesn't know what levels are. So at the very worst, they would get better technique without getting worse dances.
Also, Linichuk doesn't have any teams of note meaning that she would have time to devote her entire being to making S/Z as good as possible.

And she has had teams of status in the past such as Denkova and Staviski and Domnina and Shabalin who both started to see much improved results once they went to her.

And it's not like Igor is the best choreographer in the world either. Look at what he gave Riazanova and Tkachenko.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
It is true that staying with kustarova longer will make them worse and worse and make fixing then harder when they do leave but there's no reason to go to live in the us and spend time and money with linichuk when they'd be by themselves. It's one thing to be part of a small group in Russia but another to go to the us for it! It's one thing fly across the world for order or zeuva or spiliband but linichuk?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Actually, one reason that people are running from Linichuk is that her students are not getting the technical levels, particularly in the short dance. She did nothing for Carron & Jones, for sure, and was not particularly beneficial for Pushkash & Guerreiro. So I don't think people view her particularly as a modern technical coach any more.

KKonas

Medalist

Acutally it's her husband Gennadi Karponosov who is the technician, not Linichuk. I think Linichuk's best years are behind her.

noidont

Final Flight
Sinistsina needs a taller, stronger partner with fire. Ruslan looks schoolboy shy all the time. I can't dream of them skating to anything sexy. I actually love the original vocal version of their FD music this season, but they didn't bring the soul of the music out at all.

Kustarova is a terrible choreographer, but I believe her young students like her because she is like their mother, take good care of them and whatnot. S/Z can wait though. Zueva is awaiting some new teams after Sochi.