Event Information | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Event Information

waterblades

On the Ice
Hotels

There are some more rooms few or at least there were at some of the downtown hotels, I heard today that all the rooms they had to have blocked can now be released.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In Ontario we call them Sugar Bush or Sugar Shack, same as Quebec. You would have to buy the food but yes, always pancakes and yummy maple syrup. A few also have baked brown beans with maple syrup, and either bacon or sausage. They may do the sugar on the snow, but not usually.

Good to know. In VT, the sugar bush is the stand of maple trees, not the house. That's why the ski area Sugarbush is called that.

The house is a sugar house. Sugar Shack is an old song in VT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw

emdee

Final Flight
Thanks all.

I only carry some candy and some crackers. Honestly dont need to carry large quantities of food.
Hope they let us take a water bottle in - happy to buy from the vendor but still need to have handy.

The food menu looks wonderful with plenty of choices. It was awful at the GPF last year.

waterblades

On the Ice
If anyone wants to come by and say hi and meet, I am volunteering for Skate Canada at Budweiser Gardens info both on Monday from 6pm-12am.

waterblades

On the Ice
I won't be there until Wed. but do have a blast! Like you need to be told!
I wonder if Toller is going to be around due to the fact that his art is being displayed and sold. Any idea?

Yes he is hear all week, the art gallery which is kiddy corner to the arena is showing his work all week, admission is by donation, and Thursday 5-9 at the gallery the official unveiling takes place.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Yes he is hear all week, the art gallery which is kiddy corner to the arena is showing his work all week, admission is by donation, and Thursday 5-9 at the gallery the official unveiling takes place.
Oh goodie! One of my dearest friends is his cousin! I shall let her know as she will be attending on the weekend! He is such a character. Anybody who can, go meet him!