Han Yan | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Congrats for getting the bronze medal!!! :clap:
He was also a really good sport towards Josh beating him in the LP and he sure was cute with Jason backstage. Loveable young man :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats for getting the bronze medal!!! :clap:
He was also a really good sport towards Josh beating him in the LP and he sure was cute with Jason backstage. Loveable young man :)

Yes, I want gifs of all those cute moments! Also of our 2012 Junior Worlds podium, when they were in the top 3 for just a brief moment. :)

Congrats to Hanee and thrilled to finally see that FS nearly clean. I love that program.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yes, I want gifs of all those cute moments! Also of our 2012 Junior Worlds podium, when they were in the top 3 for just a brief moment. :)

Congrats to Hanee and thrilled to finally see that FS nearly clean. I love that program.
absolutely
too cute too cute toooooo cuuuuuuteeee.
花花DD森妹:biggrin::p:laugh:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Oh, if I could get my hands on some videos from that, I'd LOVE to gif absolutely everything of it!! :yay: So if any of you get your hands on some backstage videos and stuff, please please please please share them! :)

I really hope Yan will keep his form and really nail it at worlds. He deserves too! I still say there needs to be a surprise medalist like the last season, Han, Josh or Jason for the podium!!! :hb:

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Let's the ship sail itself... Ehhhh...:popcorn: don't look at me like that.

Oh my, even more ships? :drama: we had Josh&Jason and Yuzu&Yan before, but after Jason and Yuzu mixed that up at TEB last season, maybe it's time for Yan and Josh to do the same? :biggrin:
And think of all 4 of them together... the adorableness would kill me :drama:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh my, even more ships? :drama: we had Josh&Jason and Yuzu&Yan before, but after Jason and Yuzu mixed that up at TEB last season, maybe it's time for Yan and Josh to do the same? :biggrin:
And think of all 4 of them together... the adorableness would kill me :drama:
:popcorn: I'd say Josh and Han as a ship. And Yuzuru and Jason as a ship. Lovely!
Hope that I will not get ding by the admin... I am only shipping...

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Congratulations on medaling! ! This is huge considering what happened earlier this season:hb: hope to see an even better performance at world!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Han Yan's message to the Chinese Federation: Don't you DARE drop me!! :biggrin:

I love how he combined beautiful jumps, excellent skating skills, and performance--didn't just go, "Oh, look at my edges" or "hehe, I have the greatest triple axel." He was entertaining and fun as well. :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Han was always challenging himself, when he skated with Kurt, he thought Kurt's step sequence is intricate and wanna learn from him.
he already has tremendous skating skills, these 2 programs did not showcase his skating skills particular(such as his pure edges,or his natural style),but it is a challenge or learning experience for him. in his coach's interview, she said, the steps in these programs are very difficult, it is challenging for Han to perform it well.
Han also choreo for other young skaters and himself (ex) in his spare time. he mentioned perhaps he will become a choreographer after his retirement.
his friend, Jiaxin(a young skater whom is extremely talented in artistry but suffered from injury and tech bottleneck) also is enthusiastic about choreo, choreo programs for himself and others. He particularly showed interests in introducing chinese style (chinese classic dance, martial art and culture etc.) into figure skating.
perhaps one day, we will see Han do a program that is as cool as Denis LP, and represent Chinese well. I believe he is capable.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Han Yan's message to the Chinese Federation: Don't you DARE drop me!! :biggrin:

I love how he combined beautiful jumps, excellent skating skills, and performance--didn't just go, "Oh, look at my edges" or "hehe, I have the greatest triple axel." He was entertaining and fun as well. :)
Dare they drop him, they would be nut. Seriously he is the most well rounded and talented skater they ever have. Go Honey!

Junstella

Rinkside
It seems Korean fans are excessively impressed with his 3A:biggrin:

To quote one of the comments:
While other male skaters jump like 'hey look people, I can do 3A!', Yan's is like 'just press 3 for this, idiots(judges)'

:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Meoima

Match Penalty
What frustrates me is that he didn't get 3 across the board for his 3A. Instead they gave out many 3 for some small jumper. Gru!!!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, my pure wishful thinking of Han's getting a medal at 4CC came true!
Thank you for showing the wonderful performances with such beautiful 3 axel and bladework. I'm more than happy over Han's redemption.