Han Yan | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It was so great to see Han back out there and doing so well today. The 3A was gorgeous - really rooting for him tomorrow!

Flutzel

Rinkside
That was a great program today, very fast and still on point with the somewhat melancholic music. I'm excited to see him tomorrow!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Silver for Hanee :love: I didn't even dreamed of such result, just hoped he would get in top6. But the most important: his 3A is back and as good as ever :luv17: I mean, his skating is always top quality, never in doubt. He's just floating <making dreamy eyes>

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Han was mesmerizing in both programs... did not realize how much I missed him!! A beautiful skater...

MintGreen

On the Ice
What a pleasure to see Han's comeback and what a great surprise to see him skate greatly and win a medal! His skating is still as beautiful as it has always been. I am so happy for him.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes, welcome back!!! Did not realize how much I had missed to watch his skating. It was a good strategy to have the technical content he was able to handle and do it really well. I loved both programs, but do not like the facial hair, LOL... Congratulations for the silver medal, well-deserved!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Why isn't Han Yan going to the world championships? China is supposed to have 2 spots for the mens event but only Boyang is on the entries list.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109433.htm

I just don't understand and I am very disappointed .

After 4CC he had to be quarantined at home, which excluded training on the ice. I am not sure how long the quarantine was supposed to be, but I am guessing he doesn't have enough time for a proper preparation.

littlesheep

Rinkside
After 4CC he had to be quarantined at home, which excluded training on the ice. I am not sure how long the quarantine was supposed to be, but I am guessing he doesn't have enough time for a proper preparation.
Typically one needs to be quarantined for 14 days. But if this doesn't stop Hongyi Chen from going, I don't see why he can't go.

Nachi

On the Ice
These 14 days don't seem to count for China. There are very strikt rules and as far as I know you're not allowed to leave if the government doesn't allow you to.

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think Boyang went to Canada to train after 4CC. I guess for Han Yan, if he were allowed to leave China it may depend on whether Canada will allow him to enter.

MintGreen

On the Ice
It seems that nothing add up at the moment. If a 14 day quarantine is necessary in order to attend the competition, then why didn't the Chinese Fed prepare it in advance, just like sending Boyang and Sui/Han to Canada directly. Plus Hongyi Chen returned to China after 4cc and yet she is on the entry list. If Chen can make it, so will Yan.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Phil Hersh asked ISU official if there were any discussions about postponing WC and he said there were none at the moment.

There are not a lot of reported cases in that area of Canada so I guess it's a wait and see with 2.5 weeks until the competition starts.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Hi guys, any news about Yan? I saw he’s not on the entry list, but there are still 16 days left...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi guys, any news about Yan? I saw he’s not on the entry list, but there are still 16 days left...

All entries were due last week, so if he's not on it, he's not going. It seems China decided not to use it's 2nd spot probably due to Yan being quarantine. They could have submitted his name initially and when it became obvious he wouldn't make it, they could have withdrawn him. They decided not to do that. They decided not to submit Yan at all.