Should Russia select Leonova or Gosviani for Worlds? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Should Russia select Leonova or Gosviani for Worlds?

Whilst Gosviani has great potential, she is also very inconsistent at the moment.

:confused:

Leonova is as inconsistent as Gosviani, even more so.

Gosviani skated decently at her last four events. Far from perfect but jumps were mostly there. And unlike Leonova, she has a beautiful posture and lines and skates to the music.

Leonova only won Russian Cup because the judges helped her a lot. She doesn't tick most PCS boxes at the best of times but there it was even worse than usual. She was sluggish, lacked attack and spark and was just going through the motions, without any kind of performance skills or conviction displayed.

Neither Leonova, nor Gosviani are going to factor in the 3 Sochi spots anyway. Tuk and Sot will surely be the two highest placed Russian skaters and it's only their placement that will count.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think this year she will skate with great attack. She will peak. I think se deserves her 3 spot. It is nice to see her cinfidence in her performance. She looks beautiful now, a sexy woman next to the little girls. I think she is a big fighter.

Slowdive

On the Ice
They're both Kind of irrelevant to Sochi and 2013 worlds compared to tuktamisheva and sotnikova and then lipnitskaya probably. There's no reason To punish leonova or act like she needs to get her stuff together - she's irrelevant. Strategically it might work better for tuktamisheva and sotnikova at worlds if leonova wasn't there at all. There the number 1 and 2 skaters and why have the world silver medalist around at all Getting attention when her future is so in doubt.

You are so passive aggressive :rolleye:
On topic however I would send Leonova since (as already mentioned) she is the reigning world silver medalist and has the experience being at such an event.

Last edited:

Big Deal

Final Flight
It is quite logic to give a chance to the reigning Silver Medalist unless the other one is so much better than her.
And Gosviani is not that much better, at least not surely yet.