Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars! | Golden Skate

Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars!

Ha ha! Dorothy will mop up the ice -- I mean the floor -- with these wannabes. :yes:

Come on, everybody. Get your finger on the telephone dial to vote for Dorothy. We did it for Kristi :love: and almost did it for Evan!

KKonas

Medalist
I am sure Dorothy will have lots of support from skaters, fans and the general public as she is well known. Although she is in good shape, she is approaching 57 years of age this July and the competition at DWTS is grueling, so expecting her to win might be wishful thinking, but I wish her good luck and look forward to watching her progress at DWTS.

brightphoton

Medalist
I just heard about this! So excited for Dorothy! Some of my friends even think she's still competing.

The good news is that DWTS is less a "real" dance competition and more of a popularity contest, so our Dorothy has a fighting chance :)

No, no! Her posture and carriage alone will sweep all before it! I can't wait to see her Viennese waltz. :clap:

57 is the new 27. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I will be watching and voting for Dorothy. This is not one of my favorite shows but I watched and voted for Kristi, Evan and Shawn.
Now I have a reason to watch again. GO Dorothy! Oh I see Ally Raisman will be dancing too!

I love DWTS, and I'll be so excited to see Dorothy. I wonder whether she's kept up some sort of training regimen so she can really do herself proud. It'll be nice to see one of the Fierce Five as well. One of the little Disney Channel kids is there as well, and she's sure to be good.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not a big fan of DWTS, but I am a HUGE fan of DH! I'll be watching.

My first Olympic champion! (That I remember winning)

76olympics

On the Ice
I haven't posted for awhile (lurking-:laugh:). But, I had to resurface to cheer for Dorothy. Well, my screen name says it all! She's the reason I started to love figure skating- I had the Seventeen magazine with her on the cover! I haven't watched DWTS since Evan competed, but I have to watch and vote for Dorothy. America needs to take her far!!:love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I love DWTS, and I'll be so excited to see Dorothy. I wonder whether she's kept up some sort of training regimen so she can really do herself proud. It'll be nice to see one of the Fierce Five as well.

@MaiaShibutani
Already excited for the new season of #DWTS! Ready to cheer on @DorothyHamill and honorary skater @Aly_Raisman! :D pic.twitter.com/7tsK7FSCLm
6:21 PM - Feb 26, 2013

The photo of Maia and Aly on the ice together is darling. Prob. from December when they were hanging out at the taping of the Skating/Gymnastics Spectacular?

And if I recall correctly, Hamill still skates in shows once in a while. I think the most recent example was within the last few months, although I do not remember the details.

@MaiaShibutani
Already excited for the new season of #DWTS! Ready to cheer on @DorothyHamill and honorary skater @Aly_Raisman! :D pic.twitter.com/7tsK7FSCLm

The photo of Maia and Aly on the ice together is darling. Prob. from December when they were hanging out at the taping of the Skating/Gymnastics Spectacular?

And if I recall correctly, Hamill still skates in shows once in a while. I think the most recent example was within the last few months, although I do not remember the details.

I hope Hamill rocks it!

SkateFan66

On the Ice
@MaiaShibutani

Hamill is performing with Stars on Ice this year.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think it's great that Dorothy agreed to be on this show. I don't have the same high hopes for her that others do though. She's getting up there in age and the type of choreography they do is pretty extreme. She's also very shy! I love DWTS and always want whoever Derek Hough is dancing with to win......but having said that, I do hope Dorothy does well.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He exhibition in Japan was lovely... she must be approaching 60 now, but it was beautiful.

All those years of training figures have surely helped her maintain such nice posture and movement across the ice.

The layback and scratch spin were pretty nifty!

She'll always be my favorite skater.

I hope she enjoys DWTS; I assume it's because she thinks she'll enjoy it... because she certainly has nothing to prove.