Sasha at U.S. Nationals | Golden Skate

Sasha at U.S. Nationals

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I didn't go to the event, but I was meeting up with my skater and his family and I walked past it. The line was really long, but they ended up finishing up before the signing was supposed to be over. Sasha and her publicist I think walked by the EDEA skate booth when it was over and the guy she was with (which I am still assuming is her publicist or agent) said hi to my skater and his family.

I've met Sasha before and she is really sweet and gracious. She's kindof shy too. She was wearing a big fur coat when she left fan fest.

Sasha posted a pic from it on her facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4556164.-2207520000.1362079747&type=3&theater

You had a skater at Nationals? :rock: :rock: :rock:

If I ever said anything bad about him on this board, I take it back! :)

ryanbfan

On the Ice
:) Love working for those two!! Super hard working and super sweet guys. I always get nervous watching them though... :slink:

I wouldn't blame Sasha, R.D. She is just not as comfortable in meet-and-greets as someone like, say, Tanith Belbin, is. (As a person who is socially awkward myself, I take my hat off to skaters who push themselves through these affairs, all the while wishing they were a million miles away. ;) )

Kristy Yamaguchi was like that, for one. I think she is less shy now, but I think that interviews, book-signings, etc., are still an ordeal for her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I mean, honestly, I'm like that too. I tend to be on the quiet/reserved side. Not as much as I once was but I still often get nervous in these types of situations.

If someone looks like they don't want to be approached, or isn't actively engaged in a M&G type situation my natural instinct is to not bother. But worst for me is when I'm feeling crazy nervous, but still must push myself to approach whomever it is because I KNOW I'll a) be kicking myself (hard) later if I "chicken out" and b) may never get this opportunity again. And this is sometimes where I can tighten up. I hate it and it can make things more awkward than it should be

It's easier (but still not easy) when the subject actively engages conversation. Puts me at ease and makes me feel comfortable too.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Some skaters are snobbish, let us be honest. Not saying any of the above. But it is nice to see the friendly ones. When Sasha started out, she seemed to like the horde of girls wanting her siggy. People get tired and bored when they are big stars, which Sasha once was.