TV Coverage | Page 3 | Golden Skate

TV Coverage

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since it's got buried in the competition thread, I just thought I would copy it into this thread:

Just a reminder that Eurosport 1 International (But not British 1) is joining the action now. They're showing Kim Yu-Na to fill in the time until we're re-surfaced.

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130129/vv5107f619a3b01512238544-493129.html

By the way, what a performance! I was expecting her to be good, but not quite THAT good!!! It wa as if she was never away!

Hopefully Mao will step up to the challenge ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Takahashi ‏@jktakahashi
Don't get @universalsports in the hotel room, only in the gym! So I'm walking on the treadmill to watch #FSWorlds13! #skaterproblems
1:09 PM - 14 Mar 13​

;) :laugh:

ETA: I see now that the tweet is from a former competitive skater who is now with Disney on Ice.​

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Warning for peeps with BBC red button channel - we're scheduled to get coverage starting in 30 mins. :popcorn:
I'll believe it when I see it, but tune to Freeview ch.301 just in case! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warning for peeps with BBC red button channel - we're scheduled to get coverage starting in 30 mins. :popcorn:
I'll believe it when I see it, but tune to Freeview ch.301 just in case! ;)

Eh?! :eek:

I just went onto the EPG listings on Freeview, and they are still saying the same as I posted last Sunday:

BBC (All times GMT)

Friday 15th March 2013
BBCi 18:45 – 21:45 Pairs Free Skating
BBCi 21:45 – 02:30 Men’s Free Skating LIVE

Saturday 16th March 2013
BBCi 02:45 – 08:30 Men’s Free Skating
BBCi 08:30 – 14:30 Men’s Free Skating
BBCi 20:50 – 22:50 Ice Dance
BBCi 22:50 – 03:00 Women's Free Skating LIVE

Sunday 17th March 2013
BBC2 16:00 – 18:00 Highlights
BBC HD 16:00 – 18:00 Highlights

So, what's going on?! Are the BBC doing the usual BBCi thing and putting on something that is totally different to what the EPG listings says?!

By the way, is it just me, or does it look like BBCi might be showing the entire Pairs FS delayed?

Here is a reminder for our European friends of how to receive the BBC channels:

BBCi is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Digital satellite (Europe):
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “6390”​

BBC HD is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 187 on Virgin Media
Ch. 169 on SkyDigital – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 50 (10.847V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​
BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​
BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​
BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

CaroLiza_fan

Johar

Medalist
It's PATHETIC that a major skating event like this is not aired in America on live TV. Skating fans once again lose out! Nobody gives a rats *** about skating anymore and you just let it happen.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I watched it on live TV in the USA. Universal Sports gave us 18 hours of coverage on the 14th, 15th & 16th. Short & Long programs. I'm hoping they'll televise the Team championships next.:)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Just a reminder that the NBC coverage is today. 12:00 eastern. !0:00 AM mountain.

Just a note to say I love the DVR I'm using. I didn't even have to look or think. I checked this morning and it's scheduled.

gourry

Final Flight
Just finished watching NBC broadcasting. Bummer, they didn't show any pairs and from dance, they showed only D/W.
I don't have any hard feelings for Kevin Reynolds, but I'd rather watch V/M instead of him...
But I'm glad they showed both Gracie and Ashley. :) And watching Yuna's LP in a bigger screen was a gem. By the way, I've never seen Scott being so quiet before! lol

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched but there is a weather advisory issued so there was a banner at the bottom of the screen and a larger one off to the side. Almost couldn't see the skater.

One of the best skates was Carolina K. She skated to Bolero and it was one of the best since T&D.

jrethorst

Rinkside
The TV camerawork was well done. Appropriate distances & angles. No dumb skycams anymore. Sound was good -- remember the season when the skates scraping the ice was so loud? The NBC commentators were even quiet some of the time, the better for us viewers to appreciate the beauty of the likes of Mao and Yuna. Life is good.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And Scott did a (relatively) good job of explaining why Chan won & Denis Ten didn't. In fact, I didn't get very angry with Scott at all, unusual for me lately.

Both Kim & D&W were absolutely wonderful to watch on the TV :) And the commentators were relatively quiet during both skates. :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's on right now on the west coast, but the Louisville game is on at the same time...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Just finished watching NBC broadcasting. Bummer, they didn't show any pairs and from dance, they showed only D/W.
I don't have any hard feelings for Kevin Reynolds, but I'd rather watch V/M instead of him...
But I'm glad they showed both Gracie and Ashley. :) And watching Yuna's LP in a bigger screen was a gem. By the way, I've never seen Scott being so quiet before! lol

ditto. Davis and White's win was made all the sweeter with the comparison to Virtue and Moir who skated very well.