2013 Junior Worlds Men SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Men SP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Michael Christian MARTINEZ was great! I really liked him at 4 Continents but today was even better

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI)

Music: Nocturne from Bohemian Rhapsody by Luca Miracelli

3A
3Lz+2T
CSSp
3F - nice cantilever entry
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp - solid I- and Biellmann position

SP: 36.73 + 30.28 = 67.01 (PB)
in 4th (out of 37), what a surprise!

Wow am surprised! Who is he? Loved this Martinez! :rock:

What do you mean 'who is he'?

He has competed at SEVEN international competitions this season and he did Junior Worlds, JGP and Youth Olympic Games last season.

The only poor scoring so far imho. He was underscored.

Martinez? He was good but not anywhere near as good as the US guys. The scoring was right on the mark, I thought.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And he's in forth! I know it's highly unlikely but imagine how great would be for him to medal :love:

he could be like the Kim Yuna from his country
first to pionner and win a worlds medal

hope Martinez gets the bronze

Icey

Record Breaker
I thought he wasn't given his due in transition score, but will have to go back and look at the other top three. And quite likely performance and in.

Last edited:
M

mylastduchess

My wish is Martinez proves us all wrong on Saturday; to skate a clean Free and get onto the podium! :biggrin:

It would be hard without a 3/3 but I hope he does well enough for CBC to show him on saturday

deedee1

Record Breaker
What do you mean 'who is he'?
He has competed at SEVEN international competitions this season and he did Junior Worlds, JGP and Youth Olympic Games last season.

oh...:eek:: Sorry I don't usually follow junior circuit. Very first time for me to see him skate. I knew he competed at recent 4CC and was really good, but I can't watch 4CC Mens comp, which I prevously recorded on my HDD, just yet...(you can guess the reason for me can't you ;)).

oh...:eek:: Sorry I don't usually follow junior circuit. Very first time for me to see him skate. I knew he competed at recent 4CC and was really good, but I can't watch 4CC Mens comp, which I prevously recorded on my HDD, just yet...(you can guess the reason for me can't you ;)).

He skated very well at 4CC this year. His 4CC SP score would have placed him 4th here as well (but he's even managed to improve on it :)).