2013 Junior Worlds Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Free Dance

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Age changes don't go into effect until after the Olympic season, so 2014-2015.

That's when there will be lots more changes in pair and dance partnerships as the ladies outgrow the men, and possibly more injuries too. Men in their midteens don't often have the upper body muscle development to enable them to lift partners close to their size.

Either that, or we're going to see lots of little people ladies in pairs and ice dance!

Thanks chuckm.

Do you perhaps also remember if the GP age being raised to 15 (so you won't be able to do GP one year before doing other Senior events) comes into effect next season or the season after?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks chuckm.

Do you perhaps also remember if the GP age being raised to 15 (so you won't be able to do GP one year before doing other Senior events) comes into effect next season or the season after?

Pretty sure all those changes go into effect after the Olympics.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
45 PCS for S/B?! I really don't understand how someone can think that this is a good music for a skating high-level program... :disapp: (Yes, I know that this is S/S's FS music! :biggrin: )

No its a special composed Bolero music for them
congrats to Alexandra and Ivan, hope they move to seniors next season to get an Olympic spot

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Congrats to the winners:

* Stepanova & Bukin victory is Russia's fourth Jr. World Ice Dance title in a row (Ilinyk/Katsalapov, Monko/Khaliavin, Sinitsina Zhiganshin got it in 2010,2011, and 2012 respectively)
* Papadakis & Cizeron are the first french dance team to medal at Junior Worlds since Delobel&Schoenfelder took the silver back in 1996!.
*Aldridge & Eaton repeat their bronze medal from last year.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Alexandra STEPANOVA & Ivan BUKIN (RUS0 - 150.17 Free Dance
2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS & Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 143.26 Free Dance
3. Alexandra ALDRIDGE & Daniel EATON (USA) - 139.33 Free Dance
4. Valeria ZENKOVA & Valerie SINITSIN (RUS) - 132.17 Free Dance
5. Mackenzie BENT & Garrett MACKEEN (CAN) - 128.79 Free Dance
6. Evgenia KOSIGINA & Nikolai MOROSHKIN (RUS) - 126.19 Free Dance
7. Kaitlin HAWAYEK & Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) - 124.35 Free Dance
8. Shari KOCH & Christian NÜCHTERN (GER) - 121.71 Free Dance
9. Lorraine MCNAMARA & Quinn CARPENTER (USA) - 121.27 Free Dance
10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 120.07 Free Dance
11. Alexandra NAZAROVA & Maxim NIKITIN (UKR) - 119.15
12. Madeline EDWARDS & Zhao Kai PANG (CAN) - 117.65

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
The team that really impressed me was Edwards and Pang:yes: Something very good in the making. IF, if she doesn't out grow him. Why has dance morphed into acrobatics on ice:cry: I understand that there must be some objectivity but enough. Two to three lifts max and more interesting choreography please, please:cry::clap:

I agree about Edwards and Pang. They have lovely flow over the ice, good chemistry and a lot of charisma. I hope they don't get scarred too much by what happened in the Free Dance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope Pang hasn't hurt his back. I worry about both kids when there's a fall in a lift, let alone 2 falls in lifts.