2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looking at the protocols, it appears that Lipnitskaia doesn't flutz anymore, but she lips.

Julia's jumps are fine, the lutz height is ok as she has gotten a bit taller
her 2A and Salchow are still small though she has gotten 2 "e" on her flips this season

gmyers

Record Breaker
Cesario is not complete. She can totally increase the difficulty in her jumping and try a 3/3 or just a triple lutz double toe. Complete? No.

Eislauf

On the Ice
I think Hannah, or Angela really deserved to go instead of Yasmin. Hannah is really consistent and is capable of getting high PCS.
Yes - and she has a very engaging, joyful on-ice personality. She loves to skate and it shows.

Cesario is not complete. She can totally increase the difficulty in her jumping and try a 3/3 or just a triple lutz double toe. Complete? No.

She has the whole package more so than any other skater who competed here. She has a consistent lutz but doesn't do it in the SP because it's a flutz.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
As others have noted, the Korean ladies suffered mainly due to their TES, not their PCS. The two skaters directly ahead of Kim both have lower PCS than she does, as do the two skaters who precede Park. Rika Hongo from Japan is in 7th and had lower PCS than both Kim and Park. Wuzrobbing is all good and well, but in this case the marks hardly support it. Their PCS is quite close to Anna Pogorilaya, and she's in second place. The difference is in the technical content; you usually can't UR jumps and stay near the top.

I think, in relation to the field of skaters, their PCS were on the low end. Comparing the programs (ignore the jumps and spins) of So-Youn and Hae-Jin to Anna, their marks shouldn't be on par; they should be higher. The level of choreography, interpretation, maturity, presentation, etc. was far above what Anna delivered. Yes, Anna's jumps were harder and the scores should reflect that, but in terms of the delivery I don't see how anyone can say Anna's program was better...or Lipnitskaya or Radionova for that point, especially seeing as how both of them had obvious mistakes and very juniorish programs yet their CH, IN and PE scores are among the top 3 highest of the competition.

Just b/c Anna placed 2nd with 22.62 in PCS doesn't mean that b/c Kim and Park got a similar score that they were scored fairly or that they got what they deserved. I'm looking at the actual skating, not where Anna placed. IMO, the Korean girls' programs warranted higher PCS than what they got.

katymay

Medalist
These worlds are not strong, imo..

Agree. Not one skater I see breaking out in the future from this group. (except, perhaps, Hicks) No Ito, Asada, Kim or even a Kimmie Miesner.(sp) This can be a fun competition to see the future, but, meh, not this year.

I think, in relation to the field of skaters, their PCS were on the low end. Comparing the programs (ignore the jumps and spins) of So-Youn and Hae-Jin to Anna, their marks shouldn't be on par; they should be higher. The level of choreography, interpretation, maturity, presentation, etc. was far above what Anna delivered. Yes, Anna's jumps were harder and the scores should reflect that, but in terms of the delivery I don't see how anyone can say Anna's program was better...or Lipnitskaya or Radionova for that point, especially seeing as how both of them had obvious mistakes and very juniorish programs yet their CH, IN and PE scores are among the top 3 highest of the competition.

Radionova's basics, program and the way she delivered it were all good.

Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaia were definitely overmarked on the PCS but what else is new? :p Lipnitskaia is just terminally deaf to the music and she wouldn't hear a beat if it smacked her over the head.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I had to laugh
its worth noting when Julia makes mistakes she doesnt get depressed, she gets mad

she looked very pissed after she got her scores on the screen
hope that makes her fire up tommorow

FlattFan

Match Penalty

Just b/c Anna placed 2nd with 22.62 in PCS doesn't mean that b/c Kim and Park got a similar score that they were scored fairly or that they got what they deserved. I'm looking at the actual skating, not where Anna placed. IMO, the Korean girls' programs warranted higher PCS than what they got.

Let's take a step back, even when the Koreans get one more point in PCS (and I do think they might be a bit underscored in PCS, I wouldn't give them any more than 1 point) they wouldn't be competitive anyway. You're talking about 10th place instead of 12th for HaeJin and 12th instead of 14th for SoYoun. If it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't bother me as much.
If the difference is skating in the last group, skating for a medal, I would be upset.

These girls are just NOT good.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Radionova's basics, program and the way she delivered it were all good.

Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaia were definitely overmarked on the PCS but what else is new? :p Lipnitskaia is just terminally deaf to the music and she wouldn't hear a bit if it smacked her over the head.

I love Radionova's energy and pizazz. :) She makes me smile when she skates. BUT a major mistake like that in the program should have been reflected in her PE score. She was the only one in the top 10 who fell yet she got the 2nd highest PE score: 6.32 to Cesario's 6.39. She may have performed but she didn't execute; the mark should reflect that.

Anna and Julia are riding off of a combination of reputation and strong federation. That's all that is...

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Let's take a step back, even when the Koreans get one more point in PCS (and I do think they might be a bit underscored in PCS, I wouldn't give them any more than 1 point) they wouldn't be competitive anyway. You're talking about 10th place instead of 12th for HaeJin and 12th instead of 14th for SoYoun. If it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't bother me as much.
If the difference is skating in the last group, skating for a medal, I would be upset.

These girls are just NOT good.

I agree with you in that the PCS should only be adjusted slightly (maybe 1-1.5 points) and it's true it wouldn't make a difference...but that's not the point. It's the principle that counts and it does bother me a bit.

I disagree with them not being good. I think So-Youn is exquisite (line, posture, expression, musical connection, etc.) and Hae-Jin gives more to her music and choreography than the majority of the junior skaters out there. They have the jumps even though they aren't as explosive or difficult. I think they are two medal contenders in the making...

I don't define a skater being good based on jumps alone b/c there's more to skating than that. If I had a choice of who I'd prefer to watch, I'd take Park and Kim over Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya any day.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I had to laugh
its worth noting when Julia makes mistakes she doesnt get depressed, she gets mad

she looked very pissed after she got her scores on the screen

hope that makes her fire up tommorow
Her face was hilarious)) I'm sure she'll do better in the free :p

I love Radionova's energy and pizazz. :) She makes me smile when she skates. BUT a major mistake like that in the program should have been reflected in her PE score.

No, it shouldn't. Mistakes on the technical elements are reflected in the TES. TES is TES. PCS is PCS. Technical elements are not part of PE criteria.

Lipnitskaia is now a lipper. How fitting.
Anyway, yes, that's the problem with this girl. She just does whatever on ice and most of those ugly leg pulls have nothing to do with anything. :(

+1

That's exactly it. Random kicks, spirals and splits which serve absolutely no purpose and have nothing to do with the music.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Are you mad? You always pick on her skating..you told this stuff 10000000000 times already. we get you don't like her =/ but still, compare her with DOG??

No, I always pick on her "current" skating. I'm specifically talking about THIS performance.
If she continue to lift her leg, then that's something to talk about, right?
What is this logic you're using? If someone was tacky in the past, and got criticized for being tacky. Then this someone become tackier in the future, since they were criticized for being tacky, they can't be criticized again?

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
One thing is to criticize, another - to simply insult her:-/ I recall your "animalistic" comparisons: monkey, now dog..who's next? remember, she is a 14-year-old.she has loads of time to improve her skating)

Eislauf

On the Ice
IMHO, Lipnitskaia doesn't have the X factor of Radionova, who's vivacious, sparkling, energetic and dynamic on the ice. She smiles, projects herself, and sells her program. Great showmanship. Loved her costume. I hope Julia can learn to put more feeling out there.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
One thing is to criticize, another - to simply insult her:-/ I recall your "animalistic" comparisons: monkey, now dog..who's next? remember, she is a 14-year-old.she has loads of time to improve her skating)

Well, in addition to her inability to listen to music, she can't listen to criticism either. No one likes them leg pulls, ok? She's 14. It shouldn't take that long to drop her leg down. It's been more than 2 years and she can't even fix a simple issue, there's no hope to improve anything else.

What makes me really sad is that I remember her Kung Fu Panda SP from when she was 12. She was playful, perky and showed good character. I loved her that season.

But this season and last, she's been skating totally through the music, looking very disinterested in her own skating. :/