2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
No, it shouldn't. Mistakes on the technical elements are reflected in the TES. TES is TES. PCS is PCS. Technical elements are not part of PE criteria.

Falling on a jump affects the overall quality and presentation of a program and you'd think something like that would be part of the criteria in an area listed as Performance/Execution, but you're right. It's not.

Performance/Execution; is the physical and emotional involvement of the skater/couple as they translate the intent of the music and choreography (e.g. carriage, style, personality, variety, contrasts, projection)

Still, this raises an entire different set of questions regarding some of the scores these girls received...good lord this scoring system is all kinds of fcuked up. :laugh:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Well, in addition to her inability to listen to music, she can't listen to criticism either. No one likes them leg pulls, ok? She's 14. It shouldn't take that long to drop her leg down. It's been more than 2 years and she can't even fix a simple issue, there's no hope to improve anything else.

How come? Are you a prophet?:)

Country
Russia
Just for info.

Radionova was 3rd after SP at Russian Cup III, because of 1F instead of 3F.
At FS and Total she was 1st.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
What makes me really sad is that I remember her Kung Fu Panda SP from when she was 12. She was playful, perky and showed good character. I loved her that season.

But this season and last, she's been skating totally through the music, looking very disinterested in her own skating. :/
I think she skates through right now because she concentrates too much. as soon as she feels confident enough, she'll perform:) just look at Sotnikova. she used to skate with poker face:laugh:

Falling on a jump affects the overall quality and presentation of a program and you'd think something like that would be part of the criteria in an area listed as Performance/Execution, but you're right. It's not.

It only affects the overall quality and presentation of a program if a skater lets it affect it. If a skater doesn't let it affect it and keeps presenting the program well as if nothing had gone wrong, then I don't see any reason to reduce the PE mark.

Radionova didn't miss a beat after that fall. She got up, got back into the program and the second half was as good as the first, if not better.

Still, this raises an entire different set of questions regarding some of the scores these girls received...good lord this scoring system is all kinds of fcuked up. :laugh:

The judges need more guts to mark PCS independently of the TES and independently of each other.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What makes me really sad is that I remember her Kung Fu Panda SP from when she was 12. She was playful, perky and showed good character. I loved her that season.

But this season and last, she's been skating totally through the music, looking very disinterested in her own skating. :/

well Julia's season hasn't been that stellar , she has struggled with many injuries this season not to mention the music choices are not really a masterpiece
give her next season I think she'll go back to choosing classical music for the Olympics season

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
IMHO, Lipnitskaia doesn't have the X factor of Radionova, who's vivacious, sparkling, energetic and dynamic on the ice. She smiles, projects herself, and sells her program. Great showmanship. Loved her costume. I hope Julia can learn to put more feeling out there.

I really want to like Julia but her skating is very cold. She's like a statue out there...

Elena is very unrefined and coltish BUT she is so entertaining! I usually hate SPs like hers but she gets into the music so much I can't help but enjoy it. What's even better is that she tones it down in the FS with a more classical/traditional program and proves that she can slow down, listen to and feel the music. Versatility in skating is a great thing to have.

Things like refinement and polish should come with age, but it's not always easy to teach a skater to connect to their music or movements or project to the audience and feel the music. I'm glad to see that Elena is already good at these things and it makes me hopeful for her future as a skater and performer.

Eislauf

On the Ice
Just for info.

Radionova was 3rd after SP at Russian Cup III, because of 1F instead of 3F.
At FS and Total she was 1st.

Radionova is on her way to becoming Russia's star skater - she has the whole package - the skating, looks, personality. Hate to say it but Pogorilaya (sp?) looks a bit gawky on the ice. And piling on so much makeup isn't doing her any favors. This isn't Synchro :biggrin:

Last edited:

rkuang

Rinkside
It's an educated guess. I mean, even I can drop a leg in less than 2 years. :)

Again, way to pick on a child. She's a child.

Her leg is part of her choreography emphasized by her coaches/choreographer, so I don't see how her failure to listen to your complaints in any way denigrates her behavior. If there's any one to blame, it'll be her choreographer. So many people blame the skaters for the scores they get, and now they're solely responsible for their presentation as well by people like you.

She's a child.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
On the outside - Julia and Elena said that organisation is awful:laugh: as if it's hard to notice...they said it was their first time to skate on that ice. their practices were on another rink

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
IMHO, Lipnitskaia doesn't have the X factor of Radionova, who's vivacious, sparkling, energetic and dynamic on the ice. She smiles, projects herself, and sells her program. Great showmanship. Loved her costume. I hope Julia can learn to put more feeling out there.

I disagree with this, just because someone smiles and shows more spark doesnt = X factor
Leonova desnt, Julia has something an edge Elena doesnt have

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

I dunno..For me she has "it".I suppose it's a matter of taste:) She is really fierce and I like her personality.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
On the outside - Julia and Elena said that organisation is awful:laugh: as if it's hard to notice...they said it was their first time to skate on that ice. their practices were on another rink

yes I read the interview after their SP.
skaters were thrown in the competition ice rink while practicing in another

about Julia peeing like a dog, I can equate other skaters too but I wont do that
Flatt's fave skater reminds me also of another domesticated animal

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

It might have influenced the competition. Everybody was put under the same conditions:( There were many silly mistakes today

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Could you please post the interview? Thank you.
Both girls have great character and will come back strong tomorrow.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It might have influenced the competition. Everybody was put under the same conditions:( There were many silly mistakes today

could be the reason so many had fumbles
practicing in another rink and being thrown in another at the start of the competition

also sorry to say but why the rink is almost empty ?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
could be the reason so many had fumbles
practicing in another rink and being thrown in another at the start of the competition

also sorry to say but why the rink is almost empty ?
Russian commentators discussed this on Eurosport:scratch: I think the lack of italian represenatives has smth to do with it.