2013 Junior Worlds Men FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Men FS

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kolyada skated quite well, that's a nice score. I'm glad he proved you were wrong, just like Adelina did :biggrin:

Kolyada didn't prove nothing because he fell and didn't get Top 5 so No 3 spots for Russia ??? Samarin skated clean throughout but again hampered by no 3A
Kolyada is a headcase like Adelina, I will admit I'm shocked he didn't get a 145+ score, I already calculated 3 falls in his LP

congrats for the US boys medal sweep !!!!!

Last edited:

nadster

Final Flight
Just barely Presuming that Brown and Farris beat them both, they'll be sixth and eighth.

Canada will only get one slot per JGP for the men. To bad for Kan as the slots will likely go to Sadovsky, Gordon and Nguyen.

Farris put up 152.48 with -1 deduction. Don't know what for.

Actually Canada will only get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 JGP events next year as skaters from 6 different countries ( US , China , Philipines , Russia, Japan , Germany ) finished ahead of Nam. Canada barely managed to salvage 2 JW spots next season as if Nam finished any lower Canada would be down to 1 JW entry next year.

These are the allocation rules for singles and dance ( unless the ISU decides to change them again )

The top 3 countries get 2 slots in each JGP.
Countries 4 - 6 are guaranteed 1 slot in each JGP. ( Countries 4 and 5 do get a chance to fill any unused slots up to 2 entries per JGP )
Countries 7 - 12 get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 events.

Home countries always get 3 entries in the event they are hosting.

It is likely that Russia will get 14 slots despite finishing as the 4th highest country as it is unlikely that the Phillipines will use all of their slots. Japan will probably pick up a few spots too.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Did Josh set a WR for JWC with his score? Seems very high. I know Rippon and Yan got 222 before but I don't recall anyone going over 228.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Kokyada went up the standings and Samarin went down and his only mistake was a a stepout on a 3s but goes to show he must have higher pcs and kloyada must have higher pcs but how is pcs increased to a where both and all Russian men don't have very bad pcs most of the time. It never helps it's always lagging.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kokyada went up the standings and Samarin went down and his only mistake was a a stepout on a 3s but goes to show he must have higher pcs and kloyada must have higher pcs but how is pcs increased to a where both and all Russian men don't have very bad pcs most of the time. It never helps it's always lagging.

who cares if Kolyada has a 3A , he fell !
Samarin is a stable skater when he gets a 3A his score and pcs will be better same for Petrov
hope they send Petrov next season with Samarin, he can score a close 200+ now with a 3A.

sky_fly20 - Just admit you were wrong. Kolyada was 6th and was the highest placed Russian man here.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Jason: :love: He skated such an incredible program, I loved it! I hope Joshua, Kovtun and Yan will be definitely Seniors next season so he can win everything because he really has it all! 73 PCS? I think he deserved A LOT more, if some of the top Senior Men skated this program even worse than how he did, they would get 80+...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Jason has superior skating skills then almost any of the top Senior men discounting Jeremy. And Josh has huge jumps and a big triple axel. Good for him trying the quad again.

M

mylastduchess

Oh my god somebody post a vid of the 1op 5 already the stream didn't work on me

I think Brown should have won this.

He deserved to win the PCS in the SP and he deserved an even higher lead on the PCS and GOE in the FS.

I think the judges were quite generous to Farris on the GOE.

And thanks to all the morons whining about the lack of quads, we now have a situation where falling on a 4toe is worth more than landing a clean 3lutz. :rolleye: Absolutely ridiculous.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh has big jumps and his triple axel is huge. Plus he had a 6 point lead on Jason going into the LP.

Josh has big jumps and his triple axel is huge. Plus he had a 6 point lead on Jason going into the LP.

He shouldn't have had a 6 point lead going into the FS, though. Brown was undermarked on the PCS in the SP.

Farris does have good jumps but his spins and steps aren't as good as Brown's and the quality of everything Brown did was just incredible.

I also completely disagree with falling a quad and crashing into the boards being worth so much points. But can't do anything about that, that's what the system is like.

I guess Brown only has himself to blame for botching that combination in the short. Had he landed it, he would have probably won overall.

mskater93

Record Breaker

I think Ziggy is saying that Jason was underscored in the SP with regard to PCS (and possibly in both programs) and if scored as Z thought, Brown would have won overall, too

mskater93

Record Breaker
I guess Brown only has himself to blame for botching that combination in the short. Had he landed it, he would have probably won overall.
I think that is exactly what Kori Ade said in KNC to Jason - I thought I caught triple Lutz-triple toe when I read her lips...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Brown is one of those sunny natured people. I'll bet he is not dwelling on losing the short or the gold, but celebrating landing all three of his dreaded triple axels that he has had such trouble learning the past two years. And winning the small gold in the long, and the silver overall.

So on to the quad for Jason, I suppose.

His plan has been to aim for 2018...should he go senior next year?