2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

skatingfan04

Final Flight
As far as I remeber, Daleman is 15. I had the chance to see her in person at the recent Canadian championships, and she was incredible. She oozed confidence and power, expressed her music and looked like she was really enjoying herself. In fact, she pulled off a real upset and nabbed the silver medal at the senior level. She has incredible potential, and its great that she was able to show that off here. :-D

yuki

Final Flight
Rika is one of those skaters who would be better served by not skating to classical music - it highlights her weaknesses too much.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rika is one of those skaters who would be better served by not skating to classical music - it highlights her weaknesses too much.

She needs power music!

Now that I'm looking at the kiss and cry, she kind of looks like Miki Ando...

katymay

Medalist
As far as I remeber, Daleman is 15. I had the chance to see her in person at the recent Canadian championships, and she was incredible. She oozed confidence and power, expressed her music and looked like she was really enjoying herself. In fact, she pulled off a real upset and nabbed the silver medal at the senior level. She has incredible potential, and its great that she was able to show that off here. :-D

Oh, I'd say she is one to watch. A whole level above some of the anemic performances today. Does she make the Olympic age cut?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I don't care for this skate by Hongo. Routine doesn't jell for me. Not even any performance/artistic attempt--she looks like she just wants to crank it out and get off the ice.

ETA: Yes, she's more like a Yoshie Onda type, not a Little Mao.

katymay

Medalist
I love Hongo's gloves. Excellent control on the jumps throughout. But is it just me or was she kind of slooow?

The Japanese women always have the most beautiful dresses/costuming. She was very slow. Very anemic and tentative.

katymay

Medalist
I don't care for this skate by Hongo. Routine doesn't jell for me. Not even any performance/artistic attempt--she looks like she just wants to crank it out and get off the ice.

ETA: Yes, she's more like a Yoshie Onda type, not a Little Mao.

Crank it out and get off the ice...LOL

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN)

Music: Compilation Misa Tango by Luis Bacalov

3Lz+1Lo+3S
3F
3Lo - bit low, def <, perhaps << on replay
FSSp
FCCoSp
StSq
2A - stepout
3Lz - twofooted, hand down
3T+2A+SEQ
3S+2Lo
CCoSp

Some mistakes, but it was an ambitious program. Overall good effort.

FS: 52.35 + 43.89 = 96.24 (PB)
Tot: 144.38 (PB), in 2nd (out of 17)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Alaine Chartrand -- I liked she is going for harder tech content, but I felt she was WAY WAY Too rushed.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Chartrand is just lovely. I see a lot of potential in her and think she has a very sophisticated understanding and interpretation of the music especially for her age. I personally would have her first in the long program for sure.

ETA: Between her, Osmond, and Daleman, things are REALLY looking up for Canada!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
SC has some interesting girls at the moment: Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand... They could really do well in the future!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Agree, Canada ladies' skating is looking up. These young ladies aren't afraid to get out there and just let 'er rip! Technical goods and also a lot of artistic promise. Good job.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER)

Music: Havana by Dave Grusin

3Lz
2A+3T - stepout
3Lz - stepout, added +2T will not count
FSSp
2F
StSq
3Lo
3S+2T+2T
?
LSp
CCoSp

FS: 47.43 + 41.70 = 89.13
Tot: 139.10, in 4th (out of 18)

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My Eurosport feed is horrible today, freezing, stopping the usual crap. It was fine yesterday. I have a headache from trying to watch, decided to rely on the pbp.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I bet Nathalie's tired! She was just a Euros a few weeks ago. Is she going to Worlds as well?