2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Radionova over Lipnitskaya. I agree. The judges got this one right.

Me too. Julia has ZERO connection with the music. Elena is a bit rough around the edges, but at least she feels and expresses to the music.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Radionova over Lipnitskaya. I agree. The judges got this one right.

Agreed. Elena is a much more engaging performer than Julia is. Good to see Julia rebound nicely but her connection to the music and the audience still needs a lot of work. That's something Elena does naturally...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Music: Adagio by Tomasino Albinoni
Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota

3Lz+3T
3F
CCoSp
3Lo
2A
LSp
StSq
2A+3T
3Lz
3S+2T+2T
FSSp

"Clean" skate, but she lands very low and will probably get some UR's on her tiny jumps.

FS: 47.77 + 47.49 = 95.26
Tot: 147.42, in 5th (out of 22)

Definitely got some UR's looking at her TES

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm sort of curious about Sakato will get some URs. That was a great program otherwise---I agree with Nicky, she has a better program than the Russians, but man...those jumps are so so small.

liketotally

On the Ice
Just wondering - is it considered good technique to land her jumps with such bent knees? I always thought it was a product of her low jumps...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These are some of the smallest jumpers i've seen in Juniors at the top of the leader board.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a program from Miyahara, too: three clean FSs in a row!! And finally the judges noted that Lena is a lot better than Julia, aristically!

Binthere

On the Ice
Lipnitskaya's double axel - Same technique as Tara Lipinski. Roller skating derivative take off. A bit problematic though.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Elena feels like a dancer, Julia feels like a tech machine JMO

I find it hard to watch Miyahara. I'm just terrified about those jumps where she's getting literally about 3 inches off the ice. Her future is cloudy right now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Where she lands that toe pic...is way too close for comfort....

Miyahara had what Radionova and Lipnitskaya didn't. She used her whole body to interpret the music, her movements were soft and appropriate to the character of the music. Lovely program.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
You know, Satoko and her jumps may be small, but I liked this performance better than any other so far. Those low landings are nail biters but she really is starting to be able to create a mood. I think this is a good music choice for her, and good choreo.

Binthere

On the Ice
Lovely program for Satoko. Scores taking a while implies technical panel is digging into ways to downgrade her jumps...