Best male Biellmann | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best male Biellmann

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm so dreadfully tired of the Biellmann..I wish it was limited to one use out of the 2 programs :laugh: ..or something , anything for some relief.

skatel80

On the Ice
I'm so dreadfully tired of the Biellmann..I wish it was limited to one use out of the 2 programs :laugh: ..or something , anything for some relief.

Lol I partially agree with you, Im tired of bad Beillmanns, and I am so over beillmann spirals (ugliest things ever!) unfortunatley hanyus Beillmann falls into this category IMHO and I wish he would stop doing it as everything else he does is wonderful :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Martinez definitely has the best position, but Miroshkin does a true Biellmann with both hands hooked around the blade (I'm sure Martinez would be capable of that if he wanted to).

Plushenko's always looked strained. If anything I think the Biellmann or I-spin should be your showstopper to end your program, which skaters like Martinez and Lipnitskaia do very well, or at least a highlight in the music.

Martinez clearly obsoletes all the other male Biellmanns. It isn't even a competition. He also has the best Charlotte spiral done by any male skater, and it's a damn sight better than most female ones, too.

This. Martinez's biellmann is just unbelievable.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Yeah but no, that's not better than Martinez's Biellmann. It so much more strained. And until Sawyer does a Charlotte spiral as good as Martinez, he doesn't come close in flexibility, either.