• Castelli/Shnapir (USA)

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you predict will win gold in the Pairs discipline?

Willemijn

Rinkside
I also think the judges will prefer V/T, but I still like S/S the most, because they have much more original programs.

Big Deal

Final Flight
V/T can have a carriage of a Champion more than S/S.
Even that I find it unacceptable V/T can win anytime with huge mistakes.
It cannot happen now I hope.
If they are both flawless V/T will win as the only real Russian hope for Sochi....

Macassar88

Medalist
I think that VT will win, but I hope that SS win. Neither has a good free skate, but SS's SP is much less offensive than that god awful god father monstrosity that VT are passing off as a program.

vera01

Final Flight
I think that VT will win, but I hope that SS win. Neither has a good free skate, but SS's SP is much less offensive than that god awful god father monstrosity that VT are passing off as a program.

Agreed. I love S/S, but V/T seems to be judges' favorite this season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
S/S programs aren't masterpieces and its about time they got over their inflated scores, they were always overrated and find them deathly boring
personally I want a new winner, maybe B/L will shock and win Gold

vera01

Final Flight
I find S/S to be better skaters than V/T. V/T are good skaters, but I just prefer S/S as they're more adventurous, and their SS are better.

waltzjump

Rinkside
World Championships will qualify 16 entries to the Olympics Games. Four other countries will get a spot at Nebelhorn Trophy.
Now, at Worlds some countries will get 3 spots, some will get 2. What happens if the sum of multiple spots is higher than 16?

Let's consider a ranking like this:

1 - S/S (GER)
2 - V/T (RUS)
3 - D/R (CAN)
4 - B/L (RUS)
5 - MT/M (CAN)
6 - P/T (CHN)
7 - S/H (CHN)
8 - C/S (USA)
9 - B/H (ITA)
10 - J/C (FRA)
11 - K/S (RUS)
12 - V/VC (GER)
13 - P/Z (CHN)
14 - S/K (USA)
15 - K/K (GBR)
16 - DM/G (ITA)

We have 3 spots for GER, RUS, CAN, CHN, 2 spots for USA, ITA, FRA.
18 total spots are assigned to countries with multiple spots for 2014 Worlds.

In such a case, only two countries will gain their olympic berth at Nebelhorn? Or some multiple Olympic entries will be cut off?
There is almost no doubt JPN and GBR will qualify at Nebelhorn; their spots could be the only two remaining.

On the other hand, no less than 14 spots will go to coutries with multiple entries.
CAN and RUS will get almost certainly 3 spots. GER and CHN could manage only 2. USA and ITA will comfortably get 2 spots each one. It's 14 so far. FRA could leave London with only a spot, and unlikely GBR will climb the rankings up to the top 10, but now K/K would have their Olympic spot alredy ensured.
JPN almost certainly, and three other countries will gain in Oberstdorf their ticket to Sochi.