I think those chanel like dress she wore at skate Canada fit her nicely

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
also Pogorilaya imo is the most non typical of the Russian skaters
she is tall/long limb, jumps high and very good skating skills

but agree she needs to work on her spins and refining her movements

Do you want to say the Russian skaters are so low they have low jumps and bad SS?

flutz16

Match Penalty
Do you want to say the Russian skaters are so low they have low jumps and bad SS?

No. but Im just astounded by her rise,beautiful high jumps, she reminds me of Kostner and she is a beautiful skater
Tuktamysheva is also good, I think the two of them will lead the russian pack this season.

BounceAround

On the Ice
I hope she has a great free program! Her short program is the one I adore (I love classical crossover), but I want her to do well and be happy :).

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Honestly when I see her, she looks like a model to me. She looks stunning. I think the height adds to her command on the ice.

NaVi

Medalist
Not a good performance, but she's made the final... Lipnitskaia had a bad performance last year too(though still received the gold and a much higher score)....

I'm hoping she's able to brush this off and move on... but I'm starting to get worried about the Russian girls having healthy mindsets for competition.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, she doesn't have to win this. It's okay now she's into the GPF after Liza!! Congrats!!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Not her best performance, but congratulations for qualifying for the GPF! I like the Firebird program (and that dress is stunning :love: )

iceberg

On the Ice
Still my most favorite LP this season. The costume, the choreography, footwork, her over-all artistry, just stellar! She is my bet for gold this year and I will pray for the best for her!!!

Alba

Record Breaker
Not her best performance, but congratulations for qualifying for the GPF! I like the Firebird program (and that dress is stunning :love: )

I agree. :thumbsup:
The only thing that really needs to be changed in that program is the cutting of the music in the StSeq.
It's completely wrong. I don't know how they didn't notice this at first.
I suppose by december or Europeans that will change. At least I hope so.

I'm hoping she's able to brush this off and move on... but I'm starting to get worried about the Russian girls having healthy mindsets for competition.

Don't be. They are young and just started at senior levels, especially Anna P.
They will go through victories and defeats, like everybody else.
The more you compete the more you grow also mentally, because you learn from experience.

Sometimes FS fans are very much similar to fooball fans on this aspect. :biggrin:

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
I'm not really a fan at all of Conchita, but Conchita linked from facebook to a youtube video of her Skate Canada Gala and made a comment to the youtube video from Conchita's official youtube channel.

https://www.facebook.com/ConchitaWurst/posts/981326328549196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSAn1zXK70&google_comment_id=z12dc30gazawyr1fo22gyd5jkuzfdxioy04

(It's gotten lots of likes and shares, but it's not being felt all that much in the view counter tbh... makes me wonder if there's an youtube issue or some kind of bot inflation)

The Russian language version of her Canadian Gala has about 320k viewers... and seems to get about ~20k viewers a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpLmwuV_Ug

You can kind of see who is sharing it on facebook using the below link... this is how I found out about the above linkage... I found it interesting that for a few days about 75% of the shares came from middle eastern countries for some reason.
http://www.opengraphsearch.net/?q=pogorilaya

Last edited: