Anna Pogorilaya | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm very happy for her...and happy that she has a fan fest thread where she isn't nitpicked to death for every little thing. :slink: A 16-year-old girl, jeez. Apparently she needs to change everything (including her face :confused::disapp:)...well, no, she doesn't, especially if she's winning!

I like both of her costumes. They're striking and different, just like her.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So happy for her. :clap: She's come a long way since a year ago at CoC. She's only 16, and has plenty of time to become more polished and refined.

adelia

Record Breaker
I think the most important thing is that she has improved quite a bit since last season. Although she can still become more polished, she's not completely "unrefined" like some of her critics in the other thread keep trying to argue. And really, I object to the argument that "the Russian girls" are all "unrefined" and only good technical skaters. They are all quite different and realistically only a couple of them need work on their posture etc.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, the thing I like about Russian babies is they all have "different faces".

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think the most important thing is that she has improved quite a bit since last season. Although she can still become more polished, she's not completely "unrefined" like some of her critics in the other thread keep trying to argue. And really, I object to the argument that "the Russian girls" are all "unrefined" and only good technical skaters. They are all quite different and realistically only a couple of them need work on their posture etc.

Right, I think a lot of times those who bash them are just looking for any weak spot they can find and exaggerate. I'm sure that these young teenagers will skate much differently when they mature. But I like the energy, passion and attack the young Russians bring, and some of the most highly praised "refined" skaters would put me into a coma from boredom if I watch them too long. And there should be room in figure skating for different styles and different strengths.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes, the thing I like about Russian babies is they all have "different faces".

totally different faces!

soure grape...what do they want from the15-16 years young girls??? They are amazing. I'm sure they will be more polished and refined.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What an amazing win from Anna! Her second GP win, too.

She has improved so much from last year :rock: :rock:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Power and passion - way to go, Anna! If she makes it to the national team for me the biggest intrigue will be Pogo vs. Polina. They are same age tall long limbed blondes fighting for the top place in their teams. So far Anna has had a head start.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am so happy for Anna, she had such a progress, improved a lot. She came out of nowhere two seasons ago and qualified for JGP final. Noone was talking about her before that. You know most of Russian talents become famous during national competitions. Then last year she had a surprising win ahead of olympic gold and bronze medalist at Cup of China (of course they were not in their best condition then). With an amazing World Championships debut she finished the season with a highlight. I wasn't expecting her to win SCI after seeing her bad practice videos. I'm surprised and so happy that she is fighting for the top in Russia. Sure I'm a fan of hers and wishing her the best for upcoming events :)

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
I just saw Anna’s LP at skate canada. Omg, this girl is striking on ice! :love: I loved the program, but she does need to fix a few things. The firebird is suppose to be aggressive and dangerous, if she could just incorporate a few of those things, her future scores might increase even more. And of course she needs to work on her spins, but if she gets that down, she just might have a chance to go to worlds? Or maybe that’s just my wishful thinking? :scratch:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just saw Anna’s LP at skate canada. Omg, this girl is striking on ice! :love: I loved the program, but she does need to fix a few things. The firebird is suppose to be aggressive and dangerous, if she could just incorporate a few of those things, her future scores might increase even more. And of course she needs to work on her spins, but if she gets that down, she just might have a chance to go to worlds? Or maybe that’s just my wishful thinking? :scratch:
Well, sadly her spins is her weakness but I hope as the season goes she will improve.
So sad about the world team for Russia. Too many of them, all talented. To think that as talented as Anna she still has little chances of going to WC, so sad.

But I hope she will make it to GPF and make it BIG, like this exhibition program of her, FABULOUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSAn1zXK70

NaVi

Medalist
FIREBIRD, she was more aggressive, had better spins, and better timing in Japan... she was really underscored there IMO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pdW_mYxJzg

Maybe the SP tired her out or the timezone change was harder going to Canada than Japan... but she'll be skating next in Moscow so the latter won't be an issue.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Well, sadly her spins is her weakness but I hope as the season goes she will improve.
So sad about the world team for Russia. Too many of them, all talented. To think that as talented as Anna she still has little chances of going to WC, so sad.

I'am kind of new to all this scoring in figure skating. Do you think that since she had 4th place in world's last year (in my opinion she deserved the bronze),could it somehow help in her getting selected this year as well?